RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Traffic sign Recognition
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

matsoutback

Australia 
Traffic sign Recognition

Query about the traffic sign recognition.

In Australian delivered cars, this feature is not available as part of the driver assist package (Pro 2) - the top tiered package.

I was planning on purchasing a GAP diagnostic tool to assist with suspension settings, error codes, etc...

Can the GAP tool enable functions within the capability of the vehicle, or is it (GAP tool) limited to the functions the GAP manufacturer set out?

I'm familiar with the VW VAG COM Ross Tech cable and it feels very open, in that you can change code and scroll through hundreds of settings for lights, market dependent features etc.. I've had quite a few VW's and love the ability to tailor / modify this system provides.

Cheers Mat 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #518172 Sat Feb 18 2017 11:28pm
IRBails

Australia 

As a Vag Com owner I would also like to understand the the LR equivalent. I still use my Vag for the wife's SQ5 but would love to know what functions that come as extras are just a matter of software. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #518179 Sun Feb 19 2017 4:58am
wilf

Mat, quick answer, no.

The JLR system is all but inpenetrable for your average person. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #518184 Sun Feb 19 2017 7:48am
matsoutback

Australia 

One word... " Censored " EDIT : why can't I use Censored as a word, it's in Toyota ads here in prime time...

A mate just bought a new S3 and managed to turn on the traffic sign recognition in that with the Vag Com cable.... Its works fine in the Audi on our Aussie roads.

Must another stupid draconian law here for us here in the nanny state, the fact we don't get that feature...

You still keen to get the GAP tool Bails? 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #518185 Sun Feb 19 2017 7:55am
IRBails

Australia 

The GAP tool does appeal but doesn't seem as functional as the VAG, suppose Land Rover will take another decade to catch up to VW. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #518191 Sun Feb 19 2017 8:51am
IRBails

Australia 

matsoutback wrote:
One word... " Censored " EDIT : why can't I use Censored as a word, it's in Toyota ads here in prime time...

A mate just bought a new S3 and managed to turn on the traffic sign recognition in that with the Vag Com cable.... Its works fine in the Audi on our Aussie roads.

Must another stupid draconian law here for us here in the nanny state, the fact we don't get that feature...

You still keen to get the GAP tool Bails?

This is a British site so you have to use Censored or Sh!t Doesn't even allow Sh!te maybe the queen is watching ? M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #518192 Sun Feb 19 2017 8:52am
matsoutback

Australia 

Makes sense she's watching, doesn't she have a few RR's?

Maybe she's a garage tinkerer, or maybe Philip.... LOL

No offence meant. 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #518193 Sun Feb 19 2017 9:12am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

I have IIDTool that I bought for my L320 and got it enabled for the new VIN when I upgraded to L494. For L320, lots of features could be enabled. For example I added the hardware components for Remote Park Heating and enabled the feature myself using the GAP tool. My car had timed climate already but even if it didn't, I could have enabled it using JUST software. DRL modes (Canadian, Scandinavian) were also available.

The list is much shorter for L494. I have the beta firmware too which shows me many configuration settings that aren't available in the standard release but I still haven't found anything really interesting that I can just 'unlock' in the software and enjoy. Mainly the settings are present but most of the things I would want (traffic sign recognition, lane departure warning) require additional hardware that isn't very easy to add (for my skill level).

It is still a good tool for reading faults, setting suspension heights for different modes (access, normal, off-road) etc. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #518194 Sun Feb 19 2017 9:13am
matsoutback

Australia 

Thanks for that response, at least there may be more facilities in the future. My understanding was that for traffic sign recognition, the hardware is installed if you have the driver assist level 2 installed.

I was hoping I would be able to check a box, so to speak, using the GAP tool.

Thanks again fkarim 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #518195 Sun Feb 19 2017 9:22am
IRBails

Australia 

Interesting I have just purchased a new BMW R1200 GSA which has an OBD port which you can now purchase diagnostic software for. Things that I like to reset are service intervals , no. of flashes for the blinkers and so on. Wondering why LR is so limited when all other brands seem to give you a lot of freedom to personalize. I would like the blink rate increased to four when the indicator stalk is half pressed for a start does the tool allow this simple feature?. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #518196 Sun Feb 19 2017 9:28am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

IIRC you can set indicator to flash 3 times when stalk is half pressed but I think it is standard setting nowadays. You cannot chose an arbitrary number of flashes though. You can definitely reset service interval using IIDTool.

matsoutback I don't know what's included in 'driver assist level 2'. You may already have the components for it. My comment on hardware was more about what I think I have in my Autobiography. I would be very happy to discover if I have the parts already fitted and can just enable it. Will try out a few configs, been a while since I looked into it. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #518197 Sun Feb 19 2017 9:38am
matsoutback

Australia 

IRBails wrote:
Wondering why LR is so limited when all other brands seem to give you a lot of freedom to personalise

Keep in mind, these personalisation cables and software(s) are not JLR / VAG / BMW or other manufactures' provision. They are enthusiast community driven 3rd party products.

I'm sure the vehicle manufacturer would not approve of such devices... 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #518198 Sun Feb 19 2017 9:49am
IRBails

Australia 

I understand that Vag etc are 3rd party but not being able to get 4 flashes instead of 3 is poor design in my mind. I design software so that you have options not hard wired , my point is that others give options based on software , which I am sure land Rover does to some extent. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #518306 Sun Feb 19 2017 10:42pm
matsoutback

Australia 

Sorry Bails, didn't mean to teach you to suck eggs, just didn't quite understand where you were coming from. Thumbs Up 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #518308 Sun Feb 19 2017 10:55pm
IRBails

Australia 

No egg Sucking I am not noted for my explanations according to my wife. So we both have gone from Touareg to RRS. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #518323 Mon Feb 20 2017 10:15am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>