RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Brembo Brake Rotors
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

IRBails

Australia 
Brembo Brake Rotors

I have always changed my own Brake components, and will be up to needing a skim on the front rotors soon. Wondering if any members know what part Number the Rotors are or if they have info on alternate rotors from DBA or other reputable supplier. I usually give a lite skim and change over then next time change back. I have a slight shudder now so material build up is happening so would like to sort sooner rather than later.

Mine is the SVD with the big Red Brakes in case my sig doesn't give this away. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #516706 Sat Feb 04 2017 1:40am
matsoutback

Australia 

I'm sure there would be a dba equivalent Bails, have you checked their catalog?

Sorry to be a little ot, but I was wondering are the unpainted calipers still Brembo brakes? My understanding was the SDV6 has the same brake package as the upper level sports derivitaves. 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #516708 Sat Feb 04 2017 4:37am
IRBails

Australia 

Not listed on DBA . I rotated the wheels to day, and cleaned the rotors with wet and dry to get the brake material off and smooth out the braking. Also discover a screw in a tyre, so had to plug it as the tyre repair places were closed. Tyre is on the rear. Had this car been equipped properly I would had been notified by TPMS but Land Rover doesn't put the Basic things on their vehicles which would cost $150.00 to do at factory but instead want to gouge you a couple of grand for this safety feature that even comes with cheap Korean cars.. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #516729 Sat Feb 04 2017 11:39am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

TPMS is standard on all new European Spec cars now, not just Land Rovers. The system fitted by LR is also streets ahead of what you had to buy as an option before March 2014 which just told they you had a flat (which you would notice anyway!) not even which tyres was down. The current system tells you each tyre's pressure and the pressure it should be as well as telling you that you have a puncture. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #516738 Sat Feb 04 2017 1:05pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JOCK55

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

As of 1st November 2012, all new-type vehicles were required by EU law to have a pressure based tyre pressure monitoring system installed. This applied to the road wheels, not the spare.

By November 2014, all new passenger vehicles(not just new-type) had to have TPMS installed by the manufacturer

Many car manufacturers introduced TPMS to their vehicles ahead of the 2012 legislation change. Renault, Peugeot, and Citroen have fitted TPMS to some models since 2003/4.

Why they are not fitted to Australian LR's can only be penny pinching on the part of JLR.

Old Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #516742 Sat Feb 04 2017 1:30pm
IRBails

Australia 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
TPMS is standard on all new European Spec cars now, not just Land Rovers. The system fitted by LR is also streets ahead of what you had to buy as an option before March 2014 which just told they you had a flat (which you would notice anyway!) not even which tyres was down. The current system tells you each tyre's pressure and the pressure it should be as well as telling you that you have a puncture.

Good to hear Land Rover can now supply what was standard on my Touareg 10 years ago. Point is this is cheap technology now that can be fitter after market for 125 pound and I suspect fitted at manufacture time for much less. It just peeves me that important features such as this is left off but made a specification. No point moaning about it but it would have been good standard equipment especially when Land Rover makes claims such as the best 4WD available?? M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #516743 Sat Feb 04 2017 1:43pm
matsoutback

Australia 

When I ordered mine I had a good whine about what was not standard. I did tick the tmps box because I thought if it alerts me once and saves a tyre destruction, it's probably paid for itself. My golf gti has a simple system whereby the computer reads the rolling distance of the wheels and if there's an anomaly, alerts to check tyres. Really effective and no hardware required. The car market has shifted, the high end cars used to have all the latest advancements in tech with the bread and butter models very basic. Now it's the opposite, you get all the driver tech on Hyundai's etc and stripped out luxury brands. I think this was brought up on another thread, that Range Rover used to represent the best of the best available standard!! 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #516812 Sat Feb 04 2017 11:43pm
IRBails

Australia 

I did not order mine purchased a pre ordered dealer car and made some assumptions. TPMS is the only thing missing that I assumed would have been there. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #516815 Sat Feb 04 2017 11:46pm
IRBails

Australia 

Something that I found out from my Wheel rotation and rotor clean . The vehicle when in patk locks the transmission and drive, ie: you cannot rotate any wheel. Also the car if put in neutral will automatically go back to park after a period of time. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #517096 Wed Feb 08 2017 11:35am
matsoutback

Australia 

So, is the park brake activating the transmission brake as per early series range rovers? If so, if you put the car on a hoist, even with the handbrake on, you can still rotate the rear wheels, through the rear open differential (front too)? 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #517098 Wed Feb 08 2017 11:59am
IRBails

Australia 

The hand brake works on the rear wheels, and when on the front wheels can be rotated if the car is not in P . I had to start the jacked up car put in N so I could rotate the front rotors to clean. After a period of time the car would automatically put the car back in P which meant doing the process over again. In p all wheels are locked irrespective of the handbrake. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #517152 Wed Feb 08 2017 8:49pm
matsoutback

Australia 

Are you jacking 1 wheel at a time? 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #517158 Wed Feb 08 2017 9:34pm
IRBails

Australia 

I had 1 rear jacked and one front. under normal circumstances this would allow the turning of a front wheel ie: park locks the transmission but would allow a wheel to turn if one is off the ground. The RRS must lock the center diff and rear diff in P mode. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #517166 Wed Feb 08 2017 10:04pm
matsoutback

Australia 

My understanding is (conventionally speaking), if you have the transmission in park, jacking 1 wheel on the front axle and 1 rear, neither will turn.

To enable you to turn a wheel, you would need to have either both front (or rear) wheels off the ground or neutral (transmission or transfer case) and 1 from the front and 1 wheel from the rear.

In a few months I look forward to introducing mine to my hoist... Thumbs Up 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #517168 Wed Feb 08 2017 10:18pm
IRBails

Australia 

Now you have me thinking, in Neutral one wheel off will turn, if centre diff is not locked and you have one rear and one front jacked I would have expected to be able to turn . But just thinking I did have the rear park brake so having the rear jacked made no difference. Need to scratch my head some more, the discosvery for me though was the car going back into Park after a short while. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #517194 Thu Feb 09 2017 12:45am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>