RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Black Lettering
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

ChunkRRS

Scotland 
Black Lettering

I saw a couple of comments on a thread relating to the new MY17 cars coming with black 'range rover' lettering front and rear. Called my dealer who happens to have an AB in the showroom to confirm it for me.

Turns out its correct and black lettering is now standard, not knocking anyone but for my car I would prefer the lettering to be silver as I have specced the silver 22" wheels. The dealer said its an easy swap for them to do before I collect the car.

My question to you is how much should I expect to pay for them to be swapped over? I have asked the dealer for the cost but just wondered what is the going rate?

thanks in advance

Post #514892 Wed Jan 18 2017 1:13pm
ChunkRRS

Scotland 

the dealer has just sent me a video of the car in the showroom and I may have spoken too soon as it doesn't look bad at all. I was trying to go for the classic look with the silver wheels but I don't think the black lettering takes away too much from that. Still be good to get an idea of cost if I want to change.

Post #514895 Wed Jan 18 2017 1:26pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

I think the black lettering looks better but its everyone to their own.ive got a white AB & I changed mine from silver to black.

Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #514897 Wed Jan 18 2017 1:39pm
DavidHem

United Kingdom 

I prefer the black lettering as I think it looks more subtle, but obviously it is personal taste, if I did want the colour changing I would do it myself, it's easy to replace existing letters as you do one at a time using fishing wire and alcohol wipes for preparation, masking tape top and bottom, put marks on the tape where each existing letter is situated, then remove and replace each letter.

It takes about half an hour each end. There are plenty of videos on youtube.

Post #514900 Wed Jan 18 2017 1:52pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 
Re: Black Lettering

ChunkRRS wrote:
I saw a couple of comments on a thread relating to the new MY17 cars coming with black 'range rover' lettering front and rear. Called my dealer who happens to have an AB in the showroom to confirm it for me.

Turns out its correct and black lettering is now standard, not knocking anyone but for my car I would prefer the lettering to be silver as I have specced the silver 22" wheels. The dealer said its an easy swap for them to do before I collect the car.

My question to you is how much should I expect to pay for them to be swapped over? I have asked the dealer for the cost but just wondered what is the going rate?

thanks in advance

'Bright Pack' is a no-cost option on an AB, so they'd be a bit cheeky asking too much. Having said that, it will make the car look like an HSE, which is the only version that still has silver letters.

Post #514902 Wed Jan 18 2017 1:56pm
ChunkRRS

Scotland 

thanks for all the replies so far, seems to be that the black lettering is the preferred choice anyway.

Don't want to go for the no-cost bright pack, I have been looking at pic after pic of AB in corris grey with silver letters and the 22s that I have become used to it.

I have watched the dealer video of their corris AB with black letters about 50 times now and I like it more every time, that's the benefit of also asking on this forum so thanks for that

Post #514906 Wed Jan 18 2017 2:05pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Where did you access the video? (It's similar to my order, so would help me get excited if I could see it).

Post #514908 Wed Jan 18 2017 2:07pm
kmpowell

I had black lettering put on mine by the dealer before I picked it up. There are two types of black, matt (which I believe is now the standard) and gloss, I requested Gloss to match the roof an other trim on the car.

The dealer paid for mine as part of the deal, but IIRC they said it was about £90 a word, so c£360 for a complete set.

The gloss letters on mine:

Click image to enlarge
 SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #514910 Wed Jan 18 2017 2:16pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Gloss black is now standard on an AB, you have to pay extra for matt.

Post #514911 Wed Jan 18 2017 2:19pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

You can buy the sets of letters already mounted on a template if you want to change them, also in other colours than black matte / gloss or silver. Chrome and also red I know are available from one webstore that is often referred to on the forum for their great How To videos on YouTube. Also IIRC forum sponsor DCC4x4 also have sets of coloured letters on their website. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #514915 Wed Jan 18 2017 2:31pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Chris-52

United Kingdom 

My AB is a 2017 model which arrived mid Dec 16 but has silver grille and lettering. I don't know why. However I prefer it in silver.

Post #514920 Wed Jan 18 2017 3:26pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Glad you prefer it, but it's odd. Confused

Post #514922 Wed Jan 18 2017 3:37pm
ChunkRRS

Scotland 

definitely gloss black is the new standard lettering to tie in with the gloss grille etc. If you spec the stealth pack then everything changes to matt black.

Last edited by ChunkRRS on Wed Jan 18 2017 4:17pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #514923 Wed Jan 18 2017 3:54pm
ChunkRRS

Scotland 

kmpowell wrote:
I had black lettering put on mine by the dealer before I picked it up. There are two types of black, matt (which I believe is now the standard) and gloss, I requested Gloss to match the roof an other trim on the car.

The dealer paid for mine as part of the deal, but IIRC they said it was about £90 a word, so c£360 for a complete set.

The gloss letters on mine:
Click image to enlarge

thanks for the heads up regarding the cost, I think I will stick with the gloss black for now. The dealer has asked me to pop over to look at their showroom car so I am sure.

Post #514925 Wed Jan 18 2017 3:55pm
Canary

England 

Whatever happens don't be tempted to go ebay for the letters as I did when quoted per word from my dealer, as they fade and look crap within 6 months of being fitted.

Lesson learned!

Post #515643 Tue Jan 24 2017 8:40am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1