RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Camera on new sport
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Harryfence

Camera on new sport

Hi I have recently picked up my new hse sport. When I test drive the my16.5 u could have the rear camera on while driving. I have a my17 and when I drive of the camera becomes unavailable. And the touch button on screen does nothing. I have taken it in and they r at a loss, but the my17 in showroom does the same. Is this a software glitch or have they stopped it working while driving.
Matt

Post #514378 Fri Jan 13 2017 4:08pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Could one of the unannounced "upgrades" (I know, it's a downgrade but LR likes to put a positive spin on these things!) between 2016 and 2017MY's. They often remove little "taken for granted" things between model years as part of penny pinching thinking that nobody will notice. On 2017MY Evoques they have quietly removed the very useful reverse dipping function on the wing mirrors so just check that that also hasn't been omitted from your RRS................ and it isn't even offered as a paid for optional extra on Evoques. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #514386 Fri Jan 13 2017 5:48pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pufftmw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I bought an aftermarket stereo for my RRS and added a reversing camera (MY2007). If wired up according to instructions, only when the car is in Park or Reverse will the camera operate. This is due to legislation?

Anyway, finding the "reverse feed" and grounding it on the chassis ensures the reverse cam works when driving. I actually grounded mine on the stereo itself.

This is a ghetto solution and may be not what you want to do with your brand new car.

Post #514391 Fri Jan 13 2017 6:17pm
udash

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

on MY16, I can have front or rear camera on at anytime and any speed, and once stopped I can select other views such as kerb view and then it would work at any speed and its quite useful. I wonder why they removed such useful feature.

Post #514397 Fri Jan 13 2017 7:24pm
Harryfence

Thanks for ur reply. Will keep u informed of what I find out
Cheers matt

Post #514427 Sat Jan 14 2017 12:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1