RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > MY17 new central screen and instrument panel pictures
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

matsoutback

Australia 

Thanks for posting XP. All of the my17 people waiting this is great.

I have one question, can you have the map in the middle with the gauges either side? I was driving the new VW Tiguan today with the TFT screen and it was displayed like that and was quite handy, imo.

Mat 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #511008 Tue Nov 29 2016 8:56am
donny dog

United Kingdom 

XP wrote:
rrsfan wrote:
just seen the pics looks great Smile

the gauges look a bit off set/angled is that right ?

also can you please make a video of the new dials would love to see how they look in real life and also are there options to change the look/style of the gauges ? also there was a lot of talk about bugs with the new intouch control in the jag forum can you pls let me know if you do come across any issues with yours as they were supposed to have fixed all the bugs this month.

thanks again as my car comes in January and good to know i will get the same.

The angle is due to the menu is being selected, once you are out of that menu selection the gauges will become 'flat'.

Regarding the bugs - seems ok for me so far, haven't encountered anything yet. But you can still feel the system is a bit laggy (esp comparing to a smart phone, but you won't use it to browse websites / play games anyway Cool ).

From the pictures, it appears you don't have to have dials in the 'speedo', and that you can replace them with a variety of other screens. Can you have the sat. nav. on there? Is it then a duplicate of the main screen? Is the 'speedo' also touch screen, or operated from the steering wheel?

Post #511011 Tue Nov 29 2016 9:47am
jaggers

United Kingdom 

XP, thanks for sharing these pics, really useful. How have you found everything over the last few days? Does it all work and is the satnav any good?!

Post #511293 Thu Dec 01 2016 4:51pm
Silty

United Kingdom 

Good to see the photographs, thank you.

I'm looking forward to an early January delivery of a SDV6 Autobiography

Regards

James

Post #511311 Thu Dec 01 2016 8:45pm
forest172

United Kingdom 

Looks great. Did any my17 buyers get good discounts?

Post #511344 Fri Dec 02 2016 8:58am
jaggers

United Kingdom 

I got 5.8% off through my local dealer by showing him a discount I was offered on Carwow.

That was 5.8% off the list price + options so decent.

Post #511347 Fri Dec 02 2016 9:28am
forest172

United Kingdom 

That's good.

Post #511350 Fri Dec 02 2016 9:49am
XP

United Kingdom 

matsoutback wrote:
Thanks for posting XP. All of the my17 people waiting this is great.

I have one question, can you have the map in the middle with the gauges either side? I was driving the new VW Tiguan today with the TFT screen and it was displayed like that and was quite handy, imo.

Mat

Hello matsoutback, unfortunately not (at least I haven't figured it out) - it can either be full display or no display.
If you don't select the full display, the map will be displayed in the middle only when the sat nav is giving instructions. e.g. when approaching a junction

Post #511616 Mon Dec 05 2016 10:59pm
XP

United Kingdom 

donny dog wrote:
XP wrote:
rrsfan wrote:

also can you please make a video of the new dials would love to see how they look in real life and also are there options to change the look/style of the gauges ? also there was a lot of talk about bugs with the new intouch control in the jag forum can you pls let me know if you do come across any issues with yours as they were supposed to have fixed all the bugs this month.

The angle is due to the menu is being selected, once you are out of that menu selection the gauges will become 'flat'.

Regarding the bugs - seems ok for me so far, haven't encountered anything yet. But you can still feel the system is a bit laggy (esp comparing to a smart phone, but you won't use it to browse websites / play games anyway Cool ).

From the pictures, it appears you don't have to have dials in the 'speedo', and that you can replace them with a variety of other screens. Can you have the sat. nav. on there? Is it then a duplicate of the main screen? Is the 'speedo' also touch screen, or operated from the steering wheel?

I haven't tried to remove the 'dials' in the 'speedo' yet. (I didnt even notice that option until you mentioned)

Btw, I scrolled through the menu when sitting in traffic yesterday. It seems there are 4 different styles/layouts of the instrument panel display one can choose from. But I haven't tried them yet either.

The instrument screen is not a touch screen and need to be operated via the buttons on the steering wheel. (if it is a touch screen it will be very difficult to operate anyway due to it is behind the steering wheel)

Last edited by XP on Mon Dec 05 2016 11:27pm. Edited 3 times in total

Post #511618 Mon Dec 05 2016 11:14pm
XP

United Kingdom 

jaggers wrote:
XP, thanks for sharing these pics, really useful. How have you found everything over the last few days? Does it all work and is the satnav any good?!

Hello Jaggers, I haven't seen any real issues yet so far.
Although yesterday the sat nav kept trying to guide me home via the most congested part of London. In the end I had to sit in the traffic for 1.5 hrs, and that's even with the 'Live traffic' feature turned on.

Last edited by XP on Tue Dec 06 2016 9:14am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #511619 Mon Dec 05 2016 11:19pm
matsoutback

Australia 

Thanks again XP,

To bother you again, would you be able to put up a photo of the 4 different screen layouts you mentioned, please...

Mat 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #511626 Tue Dec 06 2016 1:47am
rrsfan

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

XP wrote:
jaggers wrote:

Hello Jaggers, I haven't seen any real issues yet so far.
Although yesterday the sat nav kept trying to guide me home via the most congested part of London. In the end I had to sit in the traffic for 1.5 hrs, and that's even with the 'Live traffic' feature turned on.

hello xp

any chance you can send pics of the 4 different layouts of the screen or if you have the time maybe a video

Post #512237 Tue Dec 13 2016 10:17pm
XP

United Kingdom 

Sorry guys, have been quite busy last few weeks - here are the pictures of the 4 styles.
Not much differences in it really, and I would use the full size map view 90% of the time anyway

Post #512488 Sat Dec 17 2016 3:27pm
XP

United Kingdom 

donny dog wrote:
XP wrote:
rrsfan wrote:

Hey donny dog, just a quick update on the 'dials' - if you unpick it then the number in the middle of the speedo will disappear, but you can't choose to replace it with anything else (so either a numeric speed number, or blank...).

Post #512489 Sat Dec 17 2016 3:31pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Thanks, but it was the 'speedometer' screen that you appear to have replaced with a full-screen map that puzzled me. What happens to the speedometer in this situation, or is this just available when stationary?

Post #512495 Sat Dec 17 2016 5:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>