RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > New hybrid engine on its way?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

BONl00

Belgium 
New hybrid engine on its way?

Just ordered the new RRS Hybrid MY 2017, and got notified first production slot will start Feb '17. That is delivery end of March 2017 or a five month wait!

Would this means they're changes to the Hybrid engine?

A V8 Diesel with exact the same specs as the one I ordered would be deliverd before year end.

What are your thoughts?

Post #508283 Fri Oct 21 2016 9:15pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

Not seen or heard of any alteration to existing Hybrid, it hasn't sold many vehicles, (due to the price), and several people have actually found a Gas conversion costs less to install/run over quite a few years, and has a higher range than electric charge. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #508301 Fri Oct 21 2016 11:53pm
BONl00

Belgium 

We all have varying needs and different perspectives. And that is why the option of choice is good. Let me make a plead for the Hybrid, from my perspective.

I live in crowded continental Europe, where the Hybrid is a blessing. Not so much for its fuel economics, but for its tax/power ratio. When you're like me and like high-power cars, but don't want to spend a fortune on taxes and still want reasonable milage then Hybrid is the way to go.
The diesel gives you milage and torque, the electric engine, gives you acceptable fuel consumption in the city and in the traffic jams we have between Brussels, Paris, Amsterdam and Frankfurt. At the same time, when the "authobahn" is free the Hybrid gives you an experience close to the 5.0 SC RRS.

The most important advantage of a Hybrid is that fuel consumption on the high-way and in the city is predictable and close to the same: 9l / 100km. And at the same time when you unleash that combined full power, it's a definite yes, over and over again.

I really like(d) this car. And it's safe too.

Post #508308 Sat Oct 22 2016 8:21am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1