RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > SVR Stolen :(
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

sagalout

SVR Stolen :(

We were supposed to be going on holiday today. Came downstairs at 6am to find keys all over the kitchen floor, car stolen along with wallet, passports and euros we'd left out ready for an early flight. They'd broken in through the back door - none of us, including the dog, heard a think Sad

Copper that came round said there had been three houses done in the same way last night, one of them just around the corner.

Car has since been found in Bradford thanks to tracker, but no idea yet if any damage.

Spent the whole day cancelling things, changing locks and speaking with insurance companies, when I should have been chilling with a nice cold beer in Malaga.

More than a bit gutted, mostly about the holiday, but at least they never made it to the garage and bike.

Also they never found the expensive Whiskey - there may not be much left of it by the end of tonight! :eager

Trump has a point - we should build a great wall and get West Yorkshire to pay for it Wink

Post #507203 Thu Oct 06 2016 6:09pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Sorry to read this but glad no one was hurt - hope you get sorted soon Sad Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #507204 Thu Oct 06 2016 6:15pm
wilf

Really sorry to read this. I do very much hate the thieving scum who do things like this, not caring at all about the consequences of their actions for those they leech from.

At least they found the keys - if not you may have been awoken with threats of physical violence to you and/or your family until you handed them over, a far worse scenario.

Oh, and get another dog. Bigger and louder.............and less sleepy. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #507226 Thu Oct 06 2016 9:06pm
sagalout

I guess there's a reason the Police don't use miniature Schnauzers!

Post #507230 Thu Oct 06 2016 10:20pm
Buckster

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Low life Censored scum. Glad you and your family are ok and I hope you get everything sorted Sad 2003 BMW M5 - 5 Litres of V8 Optimax Slurping Goodness in Carbon Black

2013 SDV6 HSE Black Edition- Orkney Grey with Ebony & Ivory. LR Facelift RAI, Genuine G4 Expedition Rack, 4x Warn SBD-160 Spotlights, Warn 9.5XPS Winch, Mantec Underbody Protection and Sump Guard, Full Easy Lift Suspension Module, LR Light Guards, Light Force HTX230 Hybrid spotlights, 18” Compomotive PD1881 on 265/65/18 BF Goodrich KO2, ARB fridge, TuffTrek awning 😎

Post #507232 Thu Oct 06 2016 10:38pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

Extremely sorry and annoyed to read about what these low life Censored s have done to you.
I hope your car is recovered undamaged and you can claim for a new holiday, sounds like you need one now.
Just pleased that you and your family (and sleepy dog) came to no injury or ill health.
Please keep us informed if they catch the Censored and condition of your car. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #507312 Sat Oct 08 2016 1:34am
IRBails

Australia 
Re: SVR Stolen :(

sagalout wrote:
We were supposed to be going on holiday today. Came downstairs at 6am to find keys all over the kitchen floor, car stolen along with wallet, passports and euros we'd left out ready for an early flight. They'd broken in through the back door - none of us, including the dog, heard a think Sad

Copper that came round said there had been three houses done in the same way last night, one of them just around the corner.

Car has since been found in Bradford thanks to tracker, but no idea yet if any damage.

Spent the whole day cancelling things, changing locks and speaking with insurance companies, when I should have been chilling with a nice cold beer in Malaga.

More than a bit gutted, mostly about the holiday, but at least they never made it to the garage and bike.

Also they never found the expensive Whiskey - there may not be much left of it by the end of tonight! :eager

Trump has a point - we should build a great wall and get West Yorkshire to pay for it Wink

Glad they did not get your bike. Some years ago we had downstairs break in while we all slept , worst of this was that my wife lived in fear for ages. Fitted alarms but walking Downstairs in the night would set these off. Best thing ever was home security cameras. Wife could look on iPhone when ever she heard a sound and I could stay sleeping , also we had a good record of anyone creeping around at night and could watch the house when we were away. Another good plus with cameras is we could see the company coming home with our son when we where out of town.

Trust you recover well and as other have said you are safe and alive all else can be replaced. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #507322 Sat Oct 08 2016 9:36am
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

I installed battery powered driveway alarms around my garden, all they do is bing bong inside the house but it's loud enough to wake you and turn a light on when you looking out the window

Better to do that than have them force a door/window

Post #507335 Sat Oct 08 2016 12:38pm
sagalout

We have a security company coming out on Monday to do an assessment. Suspect I'm going to have to throw a lot of money their way to calm the mrs down as it's hit her quite hard. She hasn't set foot outside of the house since Wednesday! Thinking replacement composite doors, alarm, CCTV, better lighting and driveway telescopic bollards.

Still waiting to get the car released. Then it's going to local dealers for a checkover and replacement locks. After a thorough valet I'll take a view on if I still want it or to get rid.

Post #507356 Sat Oct 08 2016 7:19pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1