RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Detailing & Car Cleaning > Best way to polish fenders and concave surfaces.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

CANROVER

Canada 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black
Best way to polish fenders and concave surfaces.

Hello all. I sent this email to Larry Kosilla who hosts AMMONYC's YouTube channel. His videos are very helpful but this email may never get a response so I'm hoping for some helpful opinions here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All I ever see is videos of detailers and pros using polishers on hoods, flat body panels and CONVEX surfaces where the body curves out. I however, have a Range Rover with fenders that are conCAVE and curved in. Can you tell me, OR, if you think it will help a lot of your fans, do a video on how to polish concave surfaces like the front and rear fenders of a 2010 Range Rover Sport. I have never seen a video or heard it talked about on Forums. I'm sure it's out there because it is the internet after-all but I'm starting to lose hope.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the record, I tried the drivers side rear fender using a Porter Cable Dual Action polisher with Chemical Guys V36 Polish and finished with Zymol Cleaner Wax and it came out quite well BUT, I used a 6 inch cutting pad and a 6 inch finishing pad. Should I have used a smaller pad? What about speed and pressure? I've seen some great work by many members here but no one ever mentions the tricky curves on the fenders...... Anyone?

Cheers and thanks

Post #501834 Fri Jul 29 2016 4:38am
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

Look at this thread on detailing world

And the video within shows a extention bar at 1:20 and in use at 1:50 on a concave air vent

http://detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=301373

Easier a to ask here Laughing

Post #501837 Fri Jul 29 2016 7:23am
CANROVER

Canada 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

My God!!

That Video was hypnotizing to watch. Now I want a Porsche!

But seriously, I don't need an extension bar. I can get at the fenders easily with the machine. My question is, how do others here do it?

Post #501841 Fri Jul 29 2016 9:35am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1