RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Squeaky wheels/brakes on rotation
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 7 1234567>

Netsters

England 
Squeaky wheels/brakes on rotation

My 16my has developed squeak which sounds like brake pad squeak but is there even when the brakes aren't being applied. Very noticeable under 35 mph, anyone one else had a similar problem? My car has less than 2000 miles covered Range Rover Sport SVR - Santorini Black
Range Rover Sport Autobiography 2016 Yulong White / black interior - Stealth pack
Ferrari 360 F1 Spider red/cream
Ferrari 348 ts red/cream
BMW M4 Convertible Competion Pack

Post #501510 Sat Jul 23 2016 12:06pm
Lyonhead

Wales 

Yes, my SVR has developed this also. It's going into Main Dealers to be sorted Monday. your car is on 2000 miles mine is on 1200 miles but either way it's not good. It was mentioned when I reported it that "Land Rover are aware and are issuing modified Brake Pads". I'll post here when I have the car returned to see if it's improved/squeal has gone. Confused

Post #501513 Sat Jul 23 2016 2:06pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

I have squeal on DS when wet and before warmed up and put it down to brake pads - on the plus side I have no brake dust on alloys so hope the new pads are not the old pads that needed cleaning everytime or caked the wheels Sad Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #501515 Sat Jul 23 2016 2:25pm
Lyonhead

Wales 

It seems to happen when I've travelled a bit of distance so would say that when they are warm. Done about a 100 mile round trip today and while approaching the Severn Bridge tolls in very slow moving traffic on my way back home they were squealing something awful Embarassed Embarassed . With brake applied lightly or no brake at all just rolling slowly forward there's a high pitched squeal. Crying or Very sad
Very dry and sunny here down South Wales ( for a change) so no water ingress.

Post #501516 Sat Jul 23 2016 2:33pm
Been-and-dunit

United Kingdom 

L 494 2013 RRS my car has same problem, had pads out all cleaned and greased backs .and still squeaks Big Cry

Post #501536 Sat Jul 23 2016 9:45pm
Autobiography

Well known issue. Mine has had two new sets of pads and touch wood the latest set are fine. They now 'cut a corner off' the pads to stop the rubbing.

Post #501551 Sun Jul 24 2016 6:28am
Danv8

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Lux Alaska White

I have this also and it's worse at 47mph (according to my GPS). Normally I notice it on my journey home, very annoying with the window rolled down! Mine is 2008 though so no warrantee and yes it has all genuine landrover disks and pads. Guess ile wait and put up with it till they get low before getting a new set.

Post #501552 Sun Jul 24 2016 7:41am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Yes, 2015 15 reg here with 11k miles and mine is doing the same! Very irritating sound to say the least. Going to inquire to get this looked at.

Post #501595 Mon Jul 25 2016 8:59am
Netsters

England 

Thanks guys, have to book the car in for some other bits like the rear red brake callipers fading in colour as well so hopefully they can do this all in one go. I thought I had escaped squeaky car syndrome when I sold my previous sharpe. That sounds like a set of old bed springs going over speed bumps dues to bush and suspension issues. I used think I was getting admiring looks because of the sheer beauty of my car, until summer came and I had the windows open and heard the racket that was drawing the attention Rolling Eyes Range Rover Sport SVR - Santorini Black
Range Rover Sport Autobiography 2016 Yulong White / black interior - Stealth pack
Ferrari 360 F1 Spider red/cream
Ferrari 348 ts red/cream
BMW M4 Convertible Competion Pack

Post #501621 Mon Jul 25 2016 5:35pm
Been-and-dunit

United Kingdom 

My L494 went in today to sort out squeaky brakes LR service desk said brakes all cleaned and not squeaking Thumbs Up
But they fetched my car round so I could be on my way home "guess what " car stopped with squeaky brakes Big Cry
The most expensive LR I have owned and been in LR the most .not all brake related.
Loosing faith in JLR Censored

Post #501975 Mon Aug 01 2016 7:12pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Just dropped mine to Lookers Park Royal so will report back. ON another note they have moved in to their new premises down the road and it is easily the best LR facility in the UK if not the world! It is VERY impressive! Car drop off is a bit like Virgin Atlantic's VIP drop off at T3 Heathrow where you enter via a dedicated service lane in to an enclosed area where you are greeted and the car is taken off you and you are taken in to a waiting area. Escalators then take you up in to the massive showroom area where all cars from JLR are on display. If you have not been and live nearby it is well worth going to take a look! Thumbs Up

Post #502059 Wed Aug 03 2016 11:22am
diamond71

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Java Black

I have a RRS autobiography MY16, picked the car up last September.

I also have this noise, booked the car into Harwood's and apparently there is a new upgrade to the pads and its going to take 2 weeks to get the parts to them. lets hope this annoying noise then stops!

Post #502064 Wed Aug 03 2016 12:26pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

RRSman wrote:
Just dropped mine to Lookers Park Royal so will report back. ON another note they have moved in to their new premises down the road and it is easily the best LR facility in the UK if not the world! It is VERY impressive! Car drop off is a bit like Virgin Atlantic's VIP drop off at T3 Heathrow where you enter via a dedicated service lane in to an enclosed area where you are greeted and the car is taken off you and you are taken in to a waiting area. Escalators then take you up in to the massive showroom area where all cars from JLR are on display. If you have not been and live nearby it is well worth going to take a look! Thumbs Up

Mine is booked for service there next month Thumbs Up Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #502065 Wed Aug 03 2016 12:57pm
Lyonhead

Wales 

Hello everyone,

I have finally picked my car up from the dealership and there is now NO squealing of the brakes Thumbs Up Thumbs Up . I was told that Land Rover recommended taking an edge off the new pads that were fitted and all ok. ( it seems that it's now a LR technical fix). Very Happy Very Happy

Post #502077 Wed Aug 03 2016 3:53pm
Been-and-dunit

United Kingdom 

The edge has been taken off my pads and still squeaks Big Cry

Post #502080 Wed Aug 03 2016 4:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 7 1234567>