RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > LR shown as the worst brand for quality in JD Power
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Autobiography

LR shown as the worst brand for quality in JD Power

LR have come out the worst brand for quality with an average of 197 problems per 100 vehicles produced vs 66 for Skoda.

Post #500765 Thu Jul 14 2016 7:26am
Triumph_Dave

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I can fully understand this, with the issues and dealer attitudes. When I sell the current Sport no more LR products for me. D4 2012 Santorini Black gone
RRS 2013 Santorini HSE Black gone
MY2016 RRS HSE Dynamic arrived September, but will it stay.. maybe not.

Post #500770 Thu Jul 14 2016 8:13am
Autobiography

Ditto. LR have always maintained the line that I was just unlucky. Evidently not!

Post #500773 Thu Jul 14 2016 8:18am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Bear in mind that the JD Power survey is for cars 3 years old and older, they don't cover new cars. However I am in no way making excuses for Land Rover as my last Evoque was a nightmare of rattles and software problems and I sold it on after only 12 months. With regard to new cars L494 is pretty well built but I seriously question what is now being charged for the products and fail to understand how LR justifies prices when quality, reliability and follow up by many dealers does not give the impression that that we are dealing with a quality management at Gaydon. Under present management I suspect that the only way to improve the product would be for us to stop buying the cars.............. Then they would loose their jobs. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #500775 Thu Jul 14 2016 8:35am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wilf

A strange situation.

Jaguar, same Company, same management ethos, same suppliers, some of the same assembly location these days, clawed its way to near the top of the JD Power surveys. It boggles the mind to see LR at the bottom. Why cannot the same things be done that so improved Jaguar? MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #500781 Thu Jul 14 2016 9:22am
Tim in Scotland

Merc, BMW and Audi don't have much to crow about either.............. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #500792 Thu Jul 14 2016 12:37pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
malcolmw

United Kingdom 

No, the Germans are not much better.

I have just ordered a new Lexus RX450h to replace my RRS. I was very surprised how good it was when I went for a test drive. Yes, I know it will not be as good off-road but, in reality, I hardly ever leave the tarmac.

I know that it's not an exact comparison but the nearest equivalently specified RRS would list at about £17K more than the Lexus which has fantastic build quality. I will see how I get on. Regards

Malcolm

Post #500802 Thu Jul 14 2016 2:12pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

I keep seeing these surveys and wonder why I would ever buy another Sad

Then I remember apart from the terrible MY10 RRS I bought the other 8 since 2000 have been blameless - admittedly I normally keep them less than 3 years but I did keep a FL1 until it was 5 and it had the gall to cost me £80 for a clutch master with LR paying the other £80 but as I only lost £3000 depreciation in 3 years I did forgive it Mr. Green

Have friends with German cars and they are so Yawn and they have problems too and terrible service so as long as I see a LR and want it I will ignore the surveys..... well until I get another lemon Wink Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #500806 Thu Jul 14 2016 2:25pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I wonder, with these surveys, how much is down to the dealers. How often does one end up having to return to the dealer for multiple attempts to sort an issue? In my experience, it's not unusual to have to give the dealer a couple of chances to sort stuff. Also, dealers have caused issues on my RRS. Be harsh to blame LR for that really. LR should sort the dealers though as they are the face of the brand. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #500826 Thu Jul 14 2016 6:12pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

^^^^^^^ Bow down Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #500828 Thu Jul 14 2016 6:22pm
Tim in Scotland

I've just received an email from Telsa inviting me to put down a down payment / reservation on a Model X P60 (this is the only model that will be available at launch in the UK in August but they will apply a software upgrade at extra cost later in the year to uprate it to 75kWh from 60 which increases the range too from 220 in "normal driving"). Price for the 4WD X after Govt contribution is £61500 approx, comes fully loaded with the only option being their Autopilot system. I would go for it as Tesla's are beautifully build but at 17 months old I cannot justify changing the RRS yet. I'm not worried about the lack of off-road capability of the Tesla (it is AWD rather than 4x4) and there is the problem of very very few and widely scattered dealers, like one in Edinburgh for the whole of Scotland. There are loads of Tesla Model S's on the roads in this part of Scotalnd although they are easily mistaken for a Mondeo....................... Unfortunately the P90 version with Ludicrous mode (0-60 in 2.9 secs) won't be here for a while and rumoured price is £90k for that one and at that price I would rather have an RRS or FFRR. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #500830 Thu Jul 14 2016 6:30pm
HemoRRS

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

They can supply a software update to uprate the batteries to 75kWh!?

Post #500833 Thu Jul 14 2016 6:42pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

I quite fancy a Tesla but I fear they are in a vulnerable position with recent crashes and publicity like this Sad

Quote:
Tesla Autopilot needs rethink urges US consumer group

A consumer rights group in the US has urged Tesla to disable the automatic steering function on its Autopilot system.
It follows at least two crashes, one fatal, in which the system was active.
Consumer Reports accused Tesla of an "aggressive rollout of self-driving technology".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-36796026

Also concerned what the depreciation will be Confused Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #500835 Thu Jul 14 2016 7:19pm
wilf

HemoRRS wrote:
They can supply a software update to uprate the batteries to 75kWh!?

You beat me to it. How exactly does a software change increase the chemical capacity of a battery?

I smell the same BS as Broadband speed upgrades - all our optic cable 'net connections are artificially throttled so we can be charged more each time they release a little more bandwidth. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #500858 Thu Jul 14 2016 9:11pm
mikef

United Kingdom 

All such surveys have to be treated with a bit of caution because inevitably different brands attract customers with different expectations. For example how many Vauxhall or Kia owners would take their car back to their dealer because the drivers seat is a bit crumpled as many of we L494 owners have done? Then there is the issue of price. Naturally if you pay a load of money for a L-R your expectations of its reliability are possibly higher that cars costing a quarter of the price so L-R owners are probably more likely to report faults. Its probably no coincidence that the prestige German makers are near the bottom of the list too for the same reason.

All this is not to excuse L-R because they regularly appear near the bottom of this type of list. As to why L-R tends to underperform Jaguar, I'm guessing thats because Jaguar have to try a lot harder to sell their cars and can't afford to have a reputation for unreliability. The only way that L-R are going to improve their game is if more of us vote with our wallets and don't buy their products

Post #501020 Sun Jul 17 2016 1:10am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>