RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > RRS Coupe
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
RRS Coupe

Some CGI and photos in Auto Express today - cannot see the need for an RRS with a lower roof line aft of the B pillar (and it remains a 5 door car) to be honest, the L494 boot is Already badly designed and the photos make it look somewhat smaller. Auto Express label it as the Range Rover answer to the X6................... Better that there isn't an answer to the X6 in my view, I would sooner have an Evoque or Disco5 than a fast backed RRS or they could make it a proper 2 door coupe. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #499229 Wed Jun 22 2016 4:59pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Hodog16

United States 

Have read that it will slot between the Sport and Evoque. Think somebody internally referred to it more as a larger Evoque than a smaller Sport although it's billed as a Sport coupe. 2016 SCV8 Dynamic - Firenze Red/Pimento

Post #499294 Thu Jun 23 2016 11:40am
forest172

United Kingdom 

It will slot beneath RRS and is based on the F-pace platform. The autocar picture isn`t right, I know somebody who has seen the clay model and says it`s a proper good looking car.

They will have the same engines as RRS and a SVR will follow after release

Will be released 3rd quarter of 2017

Post #499320 Thu Jun 23 2016 4:11pm
wilf

Steel suspension then, so no "access height". Or any other height other than "standard".

More I think about this, the more I think this is the expected "Grand Evoque" rather than a Sport variant. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #499346 Thu Jun 23 2016 8:49pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

F Pace seems to be very highly rated for its suspension set up, shouldn't hinder offroad use but will help reduce the weight of the car reducing emissions .................. And help keep costs down as less complex than airsuspension but also means reduced Terrain Response functions with no Rock Crawl available. Both my Evoques were excellent rides on their Magneride systems with steel springs so I wouldn't worry too much about that, and I bet that air springs will be an option (possibly a very expensive one though) 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #499355 Thu Jun 23 2016 10:22pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wilf

When I tested an F Pace (posted my write-up here somewhere) I was astonished at the compliance of the ride on 22" wheels. But never had a chance to venture off road. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #499373 Fri Jun 24 2016 8:12am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1