RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > TomToms
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Andy

United Kingdom 
TomToms

Anybody had any experience of the TomTom ONE? Any good? Would you recommend it? Are there any better satnav alternatives for the price?
Thanks. 2002 Discovery Adventurer LE
1998 Freelander xedi
Ertl limited edition RRS model number 817

Post #68170 Mon Nov 27 2006 11:00pm
Landlord

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Alaska White

Hi Andy

Wife has Tom Tom 1 and loves it. I have Tom Tom 700 which is going spare at the moment as the HSE has its own. Both are v good and probably as good if not better than the LR unit (although smaller screen). Best part about the 700 is the facility to have traffic and speed camera info. I used it all over Europe without trouble - only critisism is going from Country to Country, had to stop at borders and tell unit to change maps !

Depends on what you want to use them for. 700 is good for UK and Europe, One is good for UK unless you have extra memory cards. 700 hands free phone facility works but not great.

Dont bother with the new T T 's as bracket to windscreen are useless ! MY10 TDV6 HSE, Alaska White, Ebony with Contrast, Park Heat, Paddle Shift, Privacy, Heated Steering Wheel, Extended & Premium Leather,

MY07 TDV6 HSE, Zermatt Silver, Gone

-----------------------------
1964 Austin Healey 3000

2007 LR Defender

2011 VW Tiguan R Line

Post #68175 Mon Nov 27 2006 11:36pm
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Andy I have the Tom Tom 710, excellent bit of kit Thumbs Up, one of my colleagues (at the place i have to spend my day's, avoiding the dubya word) has the LR in his D3 HSE, and swears he wished he had gone for the tom tom, more functionality, speed or should i say safety camera's, easy updates etc (PC docking with on-line update facility). I do not have any problems with picking up the GPS signals when its resting/lodged in the central dash cubby hole (where the real one should go if i had a spare 6500 Australian dollars)

The 710 and 910 have also blue tooth for handsfree calling from your mobile, with address book, text messaging interface etc etc. Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #68196 Tue Nov 28 2006 9:54am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1