RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Insurance renewal..... Bit of a shocker......
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Farmer Chalk

Insurance renewal..... Bit of a shocker......

Anyone else had a mini heart attack recently.....

At this time of year all of the cars on the family fleet come up for insurance renewal... As such and in order to prepare the necessary finances I used the same comparison website as previous years to prepare myself for the usual argument over renewal with my insurer...

To say my heart missed a beat was an understatement... Last year I paid £440 fully comp for my L494 HSE Dynamic....

The comparison site claimed that the cheapest quote for renewal this year had jumped to a horrific £1500!
Aware of the large theft issue relating to RRS's in the South East I was expecting an increase but no where as much as that....

I had a few sleepless nights awaiting the dreaded renewal premium but was superbly impressed when Axa quoted me just £20 more! Well done Axa!

Phew!

Post #493444 Wed Apr 13 2016 8:39pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I've just had my renewal notice from LRI and there has been a big hike on my premium too BUT for the cover including offroad use it's still the cheapest (if the other companies will even cover offroad use which many won't even quote for they make it so expensive !) for my circumstances. Gone up from £435 pa to £635pa. I've 25 years NCB, one named driver and a hefty loading because of my work. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #493460 Thu Apr 14 2016 7:57am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

are you sure LRI still offer off road cover?

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic142831.html?highlight=lri

Post #493463 Thu Apr 14 2016 9:29am
jpegnall

United Kingdom 
Re: Insurance renewal..... Bit of a shocker......

Farmer Chalk wrote:
Anyone else had a mini heart attack recently.....

At this time of year all of the cars on the family fleet come up for insurance renewal... As such and in order to prepare the necessary finances I used the same comparison website as previous years to prepare myself for the usual argument over renewal with my insurer...

To say my heart missed a beat was an understatement... Last year I paid £440 fully comp for my L494 HSE Dynamic....

The comparison site claimed that the cheapest quote for renewal this year had jumped to a horrific £1500!
Aware of the large theft issue relating to RRS's in the South East I was expecting an increase but no where as much as that....

I had a few sleepless nights awaiting the dreaded renewal premium but was superbly impressed when Axa quoted me just £20 more! Well done Axa!

Phew!

This doesn't sound right!!!? I insured my new RRS only 6 weeks ago and it was under 500 with M&S (29 year old and 30 year old drivers with a good no claims). However, we had a few dud results from some of the big comparison sites where quotes were massively out. One such instance was where the additional driver was put down as registered keeper - seems to screw up the results which go sky high (funnily enough they began around 1.5k)

Post #493469 Thu Apr 14 2016 1:02pm
Slim444

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Farmer Chalk- beware of AXA, they are devious scumbags if you have a claim! Long story short, but a white van man trashed the passenger door mirror on my previous X5. I has dash cam footage so it was an open and shut case. Repairs done pronto, and on my drive even.
All good until renewal time when they loaded my premium by a huge amount! When I queried it, they said it was due to my no fault claim!! Apparently if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time once, you're more than likely to be there again! The loaded premium would have covered the cost of my claim (about £1400) if I had stayed with them for just another couple of years. Toggling the 'no fault fault claim' box on other insurance company quotes made no difference to the premium price.
Avoid AXA (and Swift, who are owned by them) like the plague Wink

cheers

Post #493475 Thu Apr 14 2016 2:02pm
ravingmad

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Just had my renewal in from Admiral, gone up by £80.
So had a look around for other quotes online and found the majority of other insurers now require a tracker fitted.
Went back to Admiral and got them down to the same as last year, no tracker required.
Happy days. MY13.5 Autobiography, Santorini Black, Privacy Glass. Gone
Driving a milk float for now.

Post #493477 Thu Apr 14 2016 3:03pm
BigBen

United Kingdom 

I was with LV who loaded my renewal quote by over 50% recently due no doubt to one 'fault' claim last year. Went to NFU Mutual for a mere £25 increase of premium over last year's LV cost. Deserve their 'Which Recommended Provider' status based on service and cover levels. They definitely do off road cover (for normal use i.e. not rallies!) as I need this so checked. Their quote stood up well against known names on comparison web sites. Rather strangely though the quote reduced if I included my wife as a named driver - told them that although she has a full licence she hasn't driven for over 10 years!

Post #493478 Thu Apr 14 2016 3:09pm
timber__wolf

United Kingdom 

I took delivery of my HSED at short notice at the end of March. Was supposed to be delivered on 1st April and I arranged insurance with Direct Line to start that day. Then got a phone call on 30th March asking whether they could deliver it the following day, the 31st. Rang Direct Line to be told that they couldn't amend the start date on the policy I'd bought so I had to cancel that and arrange a new one.

Surprise surprise, the new policy, exactly the same cover but starting 1 day earlier, was £400 more expensive!!!

After speaking to a team leader I was told that some of that would be down to the fact that I didn't start the new policy off on-line and that I could do that to bring it down a bit. I did that but it was still over £200 more expensive. I didn't have time to argue the toss so went with it and then prepared a long letter of complaint.

Thankfully the response from their complaints team was excellent. Whilst they could see the 'technical' reasons why it had happened, the agreed that from a customer perspective it was unacceptable and put my premium back to the original value and sent me some extra for my trouble.

Restored my faith in them, but will be interesting to see what happens at renewal.

Post #493775 Mon Apr 18 2016 1:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1