Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Goodbye Mercedes…..Hello RRS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

JKay

Australia 

DrFox1969 wrote:

JKay

Glad your enjoying yours. Did you post any pics?

I know what you mean about not being fully relaxed yet. I am taking things easy whilst I get used to the general feel of the car. I actually feel like I don't need to drive it fast. There is that much torque that it gets to 80kph so quickly with little effort on the gas pedal, that I am forever braking down to 60kph.

I'm really pleased the way the wheels turned out.......my wheel guy did a great job with the paint colour and finish.

Agree about the Opticoat, certainly makes a difference, and the tints just finished off the look.

I did indeed. There are some on fullfat and also rangerovers.net..... Not done a proper review yet as I'm yet to put some proper miles/kmm on her

How do you find the SDV8 power plant from a refinement point of view. Rough/noisy at all? Any noticeable turbo lag for you? Or is it perfectly good

Cheers
JKay

Post #492181 Wed Mar 30 2016 8:45am
DrFox1969

Australia 

JKay,

Just found your pics on RR.net. Looks fantastic, great colour scheme and if I didnt have a phobia about black cars (too many bad experiences!!!) that would be my choice.

I find the SDV8 engine very smooth. Its probably not the most advanced engine and is a few years old now but it has a great sound and is very responsive. The turbos spin up quickly and with the masses of torque it pulls hard from low revs. Its even better in Dynamic and Sport mode combined!!! 2016 Range Rover Sport SDV8 HSE Dynamic (Indus Silver/Santorini Black Pano Roof, Ebony/Cirrus leather, custom grey Style 508 alloys)

Post #492193 Wed Mar 30 2016 10:29am
JKay

Australia 

Yes, a black car with a light interior, probably one of, or if not the worst combination for keeping clean. Looks fantastic those few times its clean tho lol

I'm still getting used to the SDV8. Comparing it to my previous X6 35D, this has more lag, but once it gets going its great. I love the torque! I also averaged a true 8.55 l/km or 33mpg (imperial) the other day, measured by litres filled. I do find it slightly noisy when pulling away, but that might change over time hopefully as I get used to it .

Did you have your wheels powder coated? What colour is that? It suits the Indus silver so well, looks better than black wheels IMO especially on your

Post #492195 Wed Mar 30 2016 11:43am
MOB4LIFE

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Java Black

Enjoy it. RRS 3.0 AUTOBIOGRAPHY DYNAMIC 2016
RRS 3.0 AUTOBIOGRAPHY 2012 GONE
RRS 2.7 2008 GONE
BMW X5 M 2005 GONE
BMW M3 2003 GONE

Post #492216 Wed Mar 30 2016 3:43pm
DrFox1969

Australia 

JKay wrote:
Yes, a black car with a light interior, probably one of, or if not the worst combination for keeping clean. Looks fantastic those few times its clean tho lol

I'm still getting used to the SDV8. Comparing it to my previous X6 35D, this has more lag, but once it gets going its great. I love the torque! I also averaged a true 8.55 l/km or 33mpg (imperial) the other day, measured by litres filled. I do find it slightly noisy when pulling away, but that might change over time hopefully as I get used to it .

Did you have your wheels powder coated? What colour is that? It suits the Indus silver so well, looks better than black wheels IMO especially on your

I used to have that BMW engine in a 335d Coupe M Sport in the UK. Fantastic engine and still is.

I wonder if the delay is turbo lag or the drive by wire throttle response. I've noticed that when i'm in Dynamic and Sport mode the response is quicker however that could also be because im in a higher gear.

My previous Mercedes ML had a throttle delay when first setting off. Before getting used to it, it could be quite disconcerting when pulling out of a tight junction.

I've not measured the fuel efficiency yet until I remove my right lead boot!!!

I looked at powder coating for the wheels but I felt at some point they may get a little kerb rash (it will be the wife doing this of course!!! Rolling with laughter ) so painting would be easier to repair. My tame wheel guy had a great selection of paint and with it being metallic they add slightly different dimension. The colour is actually a Mercedes colour, Mountain Grey as used on the CLA class. By chance it is pretty close to the Corris Grey front and rear trim on my HSE Dynamic. The wheels were then Opticoated fpr a little more protection.

I agree about black wheels, look good on some cars/colours but not for me. 2016 Range Rover Sport SDV8 HSE Dynamic (Indus Silver/Santorini Black Pano Roof, Ebony/Cirrus leather, custom grey Style 508 alloys)

Post #492269 Wed Mar 30 2016 11:36pm
DrFox1969

Australia 

Went for a blast up in the Adelaide Hills wine region for a few hours yesterday.

Dynamic and Sport modes used to full effect......fantastic afternoon.

Here are a few shots coming up to sunset.........with exhaust ticking away in the background Very Happy

2016 Range Rover Sport SDV8 HSE Dynamic (Indus Silver/Santorini Black Pano Roof, Ebony/Cirrus leather, custom grey Style 508 alloys)

Post #494912 Mon May 02 2016 3:26am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12