Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Flat battery
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

lrdaft

Scotland 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey
Flat battery

Anyone else had flat battery issues?
I've a 16 model sdv6 that last week refused to open tailgate and said battery low start engine ,
I decided to take it for my weekend away and guess what it let me down in the hotel car park
Assistance not available till next morning, jump started car and tried to organise a loan car to be dropped at main dealer on way home for me to swap, phoned on way home to say a disco sport was available at 4pm , not much help when it's 11 am and I'm passing the dealers door , told to go home and car will be recovered tomorrow and a loan car dropped off
How disappointed I am , I know it won't start in the morning, just told to phone assistance again if it doesn't
This is its second trip on the back of a recovery truck in 6 months 4500 miles
Come on landrover what are you playing at
My last car ,a disco sport was returned after 6 months due to rattles and sqeeks , I love landrovers, and have owned just about every model , but it's looking like this could be my last Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Post #493737 Sun Apr 17 2016 9:35pm
IRBails

Australia 

Range Rover has worked out that most buy for image and not for function. You just have to stand next to the broken down vehicle and look good. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #493746 Sun Apr 17 2016 10:21pm
lrdaft

Scotland 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Got my car back , so far so good , software update!!!!
That's the second software update in 2 months , come on landrover what's going on?

Post #495209 Thu May 05 2016 8:27pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

Modern cars just rely to much on electronics and software that isn't written properly or worse still not tested sufficiently, requiring more updates that should have been spotted before going onto sale. LR standards have really started to slip again and much of it is poor design and programmes not checked when running with other programs and items. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #495219 Thu May 05 2016 9:51pm
IRBails

Australia 

Were you told what the updates were ? I mean surely everyone on this site should need the same updates being that your vehicle is a 2016 model? I am interested as I haven't been advised I need updates , not expecting to be advised so I'll have to chase up I suppose. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #495221 Thu May 05 2016 9:59pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1