revin kevin

England 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Stornoway Grey
Water in passenger well

Hi all
I've just bought a 2013 RRS AUTOBIOGRAPHY
Ive water coming in from under the passenger glove box area only when raining
No sunroof on vehicle and def not aircon
Seen mentioned on other sites Plenum Chamber
had a look behind glove box and found water dripping down from a filter above a fan assy
Car had fault on it when purchased from main dealer
Been in twice now and both times said can't find anything wrong
Don't think they looked very hard
Its just been peeing down again here so I'm taking it back tomorrow morning
Any thoughts gratefully appreciated

Post #491955 Mon Mar 28 2016 11:41am
Robbo6694

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HST Santorini Black

Hi mate,

I had the same problem with my car it turned out to me a trim hole at the bottom of the A pillar there was a recall front LR, at the bottom of the trim there is a star shaped peg that fits in an oval hole! So the water runs in and can play havoc with the drivers seat electrics.

its an easy fix open the bonnet remove plastic rivit at the bottom of the trim then pull off the A pillar, snap off the star shaped peg and use water proof duck tape to cover the oval hole job sorted Thumbs Up that sorted my car no more water Very Happy

hope this helps.

Nick

Post #492437 Fri Apr 01 2016 5:55pm
rabcnesbit

United Kingdom 
Having Same Problem!!!

Had this same problem a few years ago (water in front passenger's footwell whenever it's been raining). My mechanic stated it was the sunroof drainage tube that had blocked and I think he did something to it then (not sure what) and that seemed to cure the problem. However, it started again off recent, and on taking it to the same mechanic, he stated that the drainage tube had perished and become dislodged, and to recover and/or refit will entail the fuse box being removed to replace the hose, and has quoted me "in the region of £456 inc vat" for the pleasure, as apparently it will take up to 5 hours to fix!

Should it be this expensive to fix? Also is this something I can take-up with Land Rover, as a design fault (though it's a 2006 RRS and I am the 3rd owner). I say a design fault because if it is expected that the drainage tube will perish and become dislodged, then why is it installed in such a way that it will take hours to repair/replace and thus this expensive! If it was installed that way because it is expected for it not to perish and become dislodged, then there is apparently a manufacturing issue with my car.

The annoying thing is that I don't even use the bl**dy sunroof! Any suggestion/advice please? Thank you.

Post #494172 Fri Apr 22 2016 6:42pm
Gornal Hills

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

Hi, a friend of mine silicone sealed the sunroof altogether, he asked himself "why do you need a sunroof when you have air-con " He never used the sunroof and £1.75 has cured it ! Thumbs Up 2007, HSE, Cairnes Blue, Factory tints, Love it !!!

Post #494197 Fri Apr 22 2016 9:16pm
rabcnesbit

United Kingdom 

Hi Gornal Hills, thanks for the tip. Anymore how he did it? I.E. Any particular type of silicone, which area exactly on the sunroof he sealed etc? Thanks

Post #494211 Fri Apr 22 2016 10:17pm
alpaca

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Zambezi Silver

I bought a $5 can of compressed air, stuck the tube down each side of the sunroof drain (open sunroof and you will see drain holes on front left and right corners - to make sure this is your problem , pour some water near the drain and see if it drains - it should come out under the car below the side vents on the fenders/wings) - to blow out what ever is blocking it - you will need to seal drain hole around the tube/nozel from the can - I just used some wet paper towel - it was good enough if I pressed it in there while squirting the air ... Problem fixed !

Of course there can be other causes for this issue - but this is quick and easy fix to try ... Rained today and my floor was dry !

Post #494217 Sat Apr 23 2016 4:16am
Gornal Hills

rabcnesbit wrote:
Hi Gornal Hills, thanks for the tip. Anymore how he did it? I.E. Any particular type of silicone, which area exactly on the sunroof he sealed etc? Thanks

Hi, i know he put masking tape around the edge of the roof and also around the edge of the sunroof, without asking i'm not sure but i think he applied general purpose around the edge of the roof and simply shut it, then used his thumb to smooth off. Remove the tape after and he got a clean edge without it all being everywhere. I suppose you could just mask and seal with clear or even black silicone and this would do the trick. I wonder how many RRS owners actually use the sunroof Thumbs Up 2007, HSE, Cairnes Blue, Factory tints, Love it !!!

Post #494233 Sat Apr 23 2016 9:47am
rabcnesbit

United Kingdom 

Gornal Hills and alpaca, thanks for the replies and suggestions. Much appreciated.

Post #494245 Sat Apr 23 2016 10:59am
Gornal Hills

Thumbs Up 2007, HSE, Cairnes Blue, Factory tints, Love it !!!

Post #494257 Sat Apr 23 2016 1:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1