RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > RRS 2007 Factory Fit? Veba Entertainment System issues
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

sailingaway

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Siberian Silver
RRS 2007 Factory Fit? Veba Entertainment System issues

I have recently bought a 2007 Range Rover Sport, HSE (to replace my Discovery 3 which I parked in a ditch in France...). It came with headrest fitted screens with no buttons, and a DVD unit underneath the passenger seat (left hand side), along with what looks like the SatNav module just ahead of it.

When I picked the car up the two remote controls (Veba) had dud batteries, and I only got around to changing them today. I discovered I could power up the DVD player, and get some pretty lights on the front, and that I could also power up each Headrest screen individually. Initially, I could change between AV1 and AV2 on them, however it has now stuck on AV2. None of the other screen related buttons on the remotes seemed to do anything.

Inserting a DVD into the drive didn't result in a picture.

I've found what seems to be the three RCA connectors going out from the DVD player (assuming Audio L, Audio R, and Video), as well as what is possibly a transmitter for the wireless headphones, some connected 3.5mm jacks, and some empty RCAs. All the connections I found under the seat are secure, as well as the ones on the back of what looks like the Sat Nav unit.

The rear aux socket (Factory fit, behind the fridge) in my car doesn't work. The built in Sat Nav displays TV absolutely fine, but doesn't seem to have any input/impact on the headrest monitors.

1. Can anyone give me any pointers on operation, fault finding, where I should look etc? Can't find anything on the Veba website.
2. Is this Factory Fit, or aftermarket? Does it sound like it has any integration with the main display unit in the front?
3. How easy is it with this system or any other, to get a reversing camera fitted?

Any help or guidance to get this stuff working, would be appreciated! Bow down

Post #490635 Fri Mar 11 2016 5:49pm
sailingaway

This was supposed to have pictures...

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #490640 Fri Mar 11 2016 6:19pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

Veba will be aftermarket. Thumbs Up LR used Rosen and Alpine as their AV manufacturer

It's unlikely to have connection to the main screen as there doesn't appear to be a GVIF module there.
To get reversing camera fitted, you definitely need a GVIF module. Will have a look through it next week. Thumbs Up Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #490685 Sat Mar 12 2016 9:40am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
sailingaway

Cheers Ian! Tearing my hair out with it at the moment!

Jim

Post #490765 Sun Mar 13 2016 12:44pm
sailingaway

The rather knowledgeable Bodsy has just been down to 'sort' my Range Rover, and had a look at the Rear ICE system with me.

It looks like the two monitors come down to the Veba DVD player, with a split audio feed for the wireless headphones, and the aux input on the in car stereo. It appears the DVD player has probably failed.

So, with all the wires present, I need to fix the inputs. This leaves me with a couple of options.

1. Upgrade the head unit in the car to some sort of double din unit, with a DVD player in it. It would then be fairly easy to hook up the output of that to the rear seat monitors, each of which could be turned off individually. Without finding the transmitter, I suspect that would keep the wireless headphones as an option.

2. Build some sort of splitter box that converts HDMI, VGA, and normal audio into composite output, and mount it somewhere suitable in the car. Whenever I want to use the rear monitors, plug an input device in. Possibly even add an AppleTV to do it wirelessly.

Any thoughts? Anyone done anything similar?

Jim

Post #491137 Thu Mar 17 2016 1:13pm
dulihadeuflsga

Denmark 

Hello!

I have the same screens with an alpine multi changer instead of veba.

I have solved the problem with the screens just by putting the AV cables totally inside the transformer box from the dvd.

But i have a problem! Have you managed to connect the two headset from veba to the audio?

Do you have an infrared eyelid beside the dvd or?

regards

Jonas Denmark

Post #595647 Thu Feb 27 2020 10:57am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1