RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > It's been a while, but I'm thinking of returning to the fold
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

gilford

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Java Black
It's been a while, but I'm thinking of returning to the fold

Well, its been a while since I sold my HST, and after a good few quick cars I think it may be the time to get in to something comfortable again!

I need to sell my M4 first, but have been looking at getting an RRS2, but as I have been away from the marque for so long I have no idea what to look for!

Any info that I need?

Must have extra's?

Common faults?

I'd like to get in to an Autobiography but I think my budget will not allow sadly Embarassed

Cheers!

Post #490480 Wed Mar 09 2016 6:15pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

SDv6 HSE Dynamic is all you need! Goes well, handles beautifully in both non-dynamic and dynamic modes (Dynamic just sharpens suspension, steering and in Dynamic+Sport gives most unSUV like performance) but when you want a comfy long distance cruiser just leave it in D and "normal" in the TR and it is superb at the job.
Must have extras? I don't think there are any but there are some "nice to have" options - the panoramic roof, heated steering wheel and privacy glass are always popular if you have to sell it on later. Ride on 22" wheels is very good but better on 20's and there is a wider selection of tyres available in the smaller sizes. One very popular option is the extra large washer bottle for 30 squids. The 830w Meridian audio upgrade and if you go for Firenze or Fuji then the Black Contrast roof is nice too, but neither are essentials.
RRS2 won't be much competition for an RS4 but will Be be quicker than the TDv8, and the fuel consumption is a lot better.................... But at least you won't need to visit the dentist to have your fillings put back in after each journey! Only issue that seems to be vexing people at the moment is the poor quality of the leather seat facings that seem to crease easily otherwise it is generally as well assembled as any Audi or BMW. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #490484 Wed Mar 09 2016 7:12pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
gilford

Cheers for the reply, as always on this forum people are quick to help out.

My budget is circa £55k, will that get me in to a nice one or shall I save a bit more?

What are the residuals on these like?

Post #490495 Wed Mar 09 2016 9:48pm
Chrisr1806

England 

You should get a pretty decent HSE for that. Arrived: MY16 A/B SDV6 in Aruba, Ivory interior, piano black trim, black panoramic roof, spare wheel, blind spot monitoring, mudlaps and more... Twisted Evil

Gone but not forgotten:
2014 RRS2 SDV6 HSE in Loire Blue
2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black

Post #490497 Wed Mar 09 2016 10:10pm
gilford

There are a few SVR kitted cars around for near my budget, any thoughts on these?

I find the standard car a bit bland (which is why I went HST last time), the SVR kit looks superb but I don't want to take the plunge on one if they are "frowned" upon.

Post #490534 Thu Mar 10 2016 3:00pm
JSR2014

England 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Have a look at Urban Automotive, I prefer their kits to imitating an SVR (unless its an SVR), they sell delivery miles cars etc, I kinda wish I had found them before I bought mine! 2014.5 Mariana Black 5.0 Supercharged V8 Autobiography

Post #490535 Thu Mar 10 2016 3:02pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I've just been to look at the Urban Automotive website................ Not so keen on the RRS front bumper kit BUT I was going to have my Defender resprayed Aintree Green ............ But Estoril Blue with a Santorini contrast roof looks good on a 90! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #490542 Thu Mar 10 2016 4:15pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JSR2014

England 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

I think they have more than one kit, one I like and one I hate - they are apparently making a carbon fibre kit for next year which makes me smile...the weight saving on a 2.5t car....still, I guess everylittle helps! 2014.5 Mariana Black 5.0 Supercharged V8 Autobiography

Post #490544 Thu Mar 10 2016 4:35pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1