RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Prema insurance wheel repir
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Netsters

England 
Prema insurance wheel repir

I've got the LR wheel insurance. After 4 careful months I finally scratched my 22 stealth alloys on a kerb this morning. Has anyone claimed on their LR wheel insurance for a diamond cut wheel? How did it work, did you have to send the wheel away or were you able to get it repaired by a mobile unit? Range Rover Sport SVR - Santorini Black
Range Rover Sport Autobiography 2016 Yulong White / black interior - Stealth pack
Ferrari 360 F1 Spider red/cream
Ferrari 348 ts red/cream
BMW M4 Convertible Competion Pack

Post #490306 Mon Mar 07 2016 10:56pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

4 years ago I had to replace a tyre that got slashed driving over the edge of one of those large steel plates that are sometimes used to cover street repairs............... I called the insurer explained what had happened, they sent me a claims form by email and asked for it to be returned by email with minimum 6 high resolution photos. Did so, sent everything off and the next morning had a cheque on the way that completely covered the cost of the Continental 20" tyre as the local Kwik Fit had already replaced the tyre so I could get home. I still had 5 refurb claims or 5 replacement wheel claims and 4 more tyres covered despite making a GBP320 claim. The premium had been paid for in the first claim! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #490333 Tue Mar 08 2016 10:43am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Mr Rusty

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Tim

That sounds like a good insurance policy! Might look into that myself. Thumbs Up 2015 RRS AB SDV6, Fuji White, Ivory
2012 RRS HSE SDV6, Sumatra Black and Ivory
Audi A5, 3.0 TDI, Gone
Audi TT, 3.2 V6, Gone
BMW 5 series tourer, Gone

Post #490346 Tue Mar 08 2016 2:07pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

The cover was sold to me as part of a package when I bought my Evoque. It wasn't transferable to the next car and I went to a different dealership that didn't sell Wheel and Tyre insurance at all. I must admit that I also haven't needed wheel and tyre cover since either............... Famous last words. I have a scuffed 22"alloy on the RRS but it wouldn't be worth having to buy another just to get the insurance to pay for a refurb either, I'm sure that dealers are used to getting cars in for part exchange with scuffed alloys. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #490351 Tue Mar 08 2016 2:26pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Mr Rusty

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Tim Gotcha. Yeah about £50 a wheel ball park to refurb i guess.

I broke/split two of my A5 wheels on potholes last year and it cost me a fortune. Wish i had it then! Rolling Eyes 2015 RRS AB SDV6, Fuji White, Ivory
2012 RRS HSE SDV6, Sumatra Black and Ivory
Audi A5, 3.0 TDI, Gone
Audi TT, 3.2 V6, Gone
BMW 5 series tourer, Gone

Post #490354 Tue Mar 08 2016 2:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1