RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Towing mirrors that fit MY 16?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

cwhslh

2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Zermatt Silver
Towing mirrors that fit MY 16?

Hi

Taking delivery of a new RRS next week and going straight off with our caravan. Unfortunately it seems our existing Milenco mirrors we use on our MY201 RRS won't grip the very curvy wedge-shaped mirrors on the current model.
The Land Rover extension mirror accessories are confirmed by the dealer not to be suitable for the new models and that they don't know when any new one is to be available.

Please... does anyone have any positive news about towing mirrors for thew current model?

Thanks!

Mar 14 update...
------------------

I had an email back from Land Rover HQ, with apologies, that confirms they don't currently have a solution -

"there are no towing mirrors at this time that can be purchased from Land Rover for your vehicle"

and they could not give a timescale for any timescale for any. For the moment I am using 'suck-it-and-see' mirrors and one of my friends with a current RRS is using the most recent land-rover-supplied towing mirrors with a bungee on each one to stop the outer straps sliding off.

So the search continues... Clive

Last edited by cwhslh on Mon Mar 14 2016 1:15pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #488642 Tue Feb 23 2016 12:56pm
PhilMid

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

Which version of the Millenco mirrors are you using? Are they the ones that have the screw clamps (grand aero) or the rubber strap style?
I use the grand aero and find they have fitted on all the tow cars i have used - but I can't comment on the MY16

Post #488673 Tue Feb 23 2016 4:59pm
cwhslh

2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Zermatt Silver

Hi

Thanks for your feedback..

I can see that the Milenco Grand Aero clamps would slide off as the Car's mirror surround is wedge shaped and the clamps can't grip it as they should.

I contacted Milenco directly and they gave a very full response that basically said that they don't really have a solution as yet but it might work if I cleaned off any silicone coating with white spirit... This is a bit hit and miss so I don't want to risk it.

Also had a nice chat with Land Rover HQ customer support but am now waiting for further info from that. They seem surprised to learn that their current extension mirror accessory was not usable. Maybe RR owners mostly tow horse boxes, which do not legally require extension mirrors?

One solution (rather naff for an RRS) is to use the 'suck it and see' mirrors that attach with rubber suckers on to the car's mirror glass itself. I have used these before on another vehicle, but the worry is that they will fall off at speed and blow around on their tethers, striking the side of the car (leaving marks in the door).

If I get a solution from Land Rover I'll post it here.

Meanwhile, If you see a new RRS towing a caravan with pathetic little stick on mirrors, it will be me!

Clive Clive

Post #488685 Tue Feb 23 2016 7:08pm
PetesRRS

Australia 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Fuji White

I also use Milenco. No issues what so ever. That is grand aero 3

Post #488859 Thu Feb 25 2016 6:15am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1