RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Service Intervals
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Service Intervals

I'm away overseas at the moment but have had emails from two dealerships (one of them the supplying dealership) telling me that my RRS will be due for a service at the end of March and inviting me to book it in with them. Now yes the car will be 12 months old but also will only have covered 8500 miles in those 12 months. Without access to my owner's manual can anyone tell me if the services for RRS2 are still the old 12 months or 15000 miles whichever comes first or if they are extended. It is immaterial really as I have taken out the service plan but it is the hassle of getting the car into a dealership for potentially 2 or 3 days as there is recall work to do and software updates to carry out. For the first time since my RRS TDv8 that I have owned a Land Rover product that has needed no warranty work at it's first service, both my previous Evoques had a list of things to be put right. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #487211 Thu Feb 11 2016 11:51pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PetesRRS

Australia 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Fuji White

Time wise servicing is every 12 Months. Or here in Oz 26000kms which ever occurs first.

Post #487219 Fri Feb 12 2016 7:09am
R444SPT

United Kingdom 

Tim you are correct - well close enough 16000miles / 12 months -

Post #487246 Fri Feb 12 2016 12:18pm
IRBails

Australia 

PetesRRS wrote:
Time wise servicing is every 12 Months. Or here in Oz 26000kms which ever occurs first.

Wow this is a long time between oil changes? Out of interest , I will be a new owner , how hard is it to change your own oil?
Also what sort of costs can I expect in Australia for one of these services?

Post #487256 Fri Feb 12 2016 12:44pm
JKay

Australia 

Quote:
Also what sort of costs can I expect in Australia for one of these services?

Isn't it free for the first three years after registration in Aus?

Post #487257 Fri Feb 12 2016 12:46pm
IRBails

Australia 

No idea , s'pose I'll find out. I will most likely change a little more often as I don't mind doing this sort of stuff.

Post #487261 Fri Feb 12 2016 1:01pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Thanks for the info guys.

IRBAILS there is no reason why you cannot do your own more frequent oil and filter chnages BUT to avoid warranty problems you MUST use LR OEM filters and oil to the correct strange spec that LR insists on using. This oil can be quite hard to find in the UK so I don't know about Aussie. One thing to monitor very carefully in the first couple or 3,000 kms is the oil level. The car won't burn much/any but the high carbon content engine block of the LR Diesel engines can cause them absorb a couple of litres when it is new. RRS SDv6 has a remote reading dipstick too which takes one of Harry Potters magic spells to get to work properly and there is no old style dipstick asd a back up, I don't know if the 4.4V8 has th same system, I suspect it does.
Good luck with your new car I think that you will find the 22" wheels can stand up to some pretty rough tracks without any problems. I have regularly taken mine on 22's of onto some faiirly rough and soft ground and the electronic system seem to keep it going when you would have thought grip had disappeared. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #487306 Fri Feb 12 2016 9:14pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
IRBails

Australia 

Thks for the info, VW R50 also had strange specs , but I was able to chase down fairly easy.

Post #487310 Fri Feb 12 2016 9:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1