RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Missing Items on Built Car
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Quote:
Been a LR fanatic since I was a kid but it's not making me happy anymore so will be looking at alternatives next time I buy a vehicle Embarassed

The sad thing is, I don't think LR give a stuff to be honest. They are so busy chasing new customers for over-priced Chelsea Tractors they have forgotten their core, loyal, customer base. Either that or they are cynically taking the attitude that "they're fans so they stay with us no matter what we do".

Of course, it might be that LR do care but they don't know how to sort out the shower of s Censored t that occupies much of their dealer network these days.

Either way, their reputation is suffering. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #486746 Sat Feb 06 2016 9:22am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

^+1
They forget that many of us have stuck with them through the bad times as well as the good, we have put up with sometimes shoddy treatment at some (I have been lucky having used only 3 outlets since 1996) dealerships and service outlets. Unfortunately now we are treated as people who they can rob blind on parts and servicing and new car prices. LR must be about the only manufacturer that has increased prices in the home market this year when most costs have fallen.......... I bet there are some very healthy pay rises in management though to "celebrate" how well the overseas markets have done. It will not be long before most loyal repeat buyers of the cars in the UK are priced out of the market when buying a new LR product.
I wouldn't mind betting that Disco5 is priced alongside RRS when it comes to market and that will price traditional Discovery buyers right out of the market. There is no way LR can justify pricing the D5 above the base X5 / Q7 and Merc offerings of similar size and spec. The technology is no better, the finish is often worse and you might not even get the bits you ordered! LR has to be careful that it doesn't end up with a Jaguar F Type, so expensive that it hardly sells and they have to sell " low mile demonstrator" cars (that you can even order from the factory) that have massive discounts on the sticker price. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #486751 Sat Feb 06 2016 10:02am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

^^^^ I agree.

Their market has grown fast , especially in the Far East, but its on a 'fashion' and 'lifestyle' marketing basis. The markets can be fickle so be warned JLR when the 2nd generation of new car buyers a looking around the poor reliability and residual values might not standup. Heavy discounting might be the only way to shift the metal.

Post #486780 Sat Feb 06 2016 4:23pm
wilf

Sounds like a change of dealer rather than a change of marque is needed. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #486802 Sat Feb 06 2016 9:38pm
Lonerangerv8

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

I have worked in franchised dealerships for most of my working life and all i can say is that they are all the same no matter what marque of vehicles they are selling.
I now work for Bentley as a metal engineer for the mulsane bodyshells.

When you are buying they can't do enough for you but after they have handed the car over you become invisible.
I have today picked up my company car, (a 65 plate skoda yeti 4x4 with just 3000 miles on the clock), from a local skoda dealership after they have performed a technical factory recall for an engine oil leak which has left a large patch of oil on my driveway.
The work took 2 days, approx a 6 hour job?, without any offer of a courtesy car as they only have 2 and are given to customers who are paying for service work.!!
On collection this morning I had the key thrust at me and the guy pointed to where it was parked outside.
When I got in it I found the front passenger seat had been slid back fully and the seat upright had been reclined slightly, also the air con had been put on to full temp and full fan.
But the best bit was the screwed up McDonald's paper bag on the front passenger floor mat and the ketchup stain on the seat base.
I was not impressed to say the least.

As I say unless you are handing over pockets full of cash they are not interested.

Anyway enough rambling and I can't wait to pick up my RRS Tdv8 in 4 weeks time.
This is my first RRS and I have been doing a lot of research on here since the middle of last year which has helped me immensely in making my decision which model to go for.
I will post some pics when it's home.

Post #486809 Sat Feb 06 2016 10:39pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Quote:
But the best bit was the screwed up McDonald's paper bag on the front passenger floor mat and the ketchup stain on the seat base.
I was not impressed to say the least.

I hope you went back in and raised hell with them. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #486822 Sun Feb 07 2016 12:00am
Rossi72

I agree that all dealers are the same when it comes to buying a car and then the after sales service just drops off. I had my first RRS stolen and the dealer who repaired it messed that up. So I went to BMW, I know, please forgive me, Embarassed and ordered a new X5 40d. Nice car, but the intelligent headlights used to spot cars and light them up instead of putting them in a shadow. Rejected the car and they took it back.

The new RRS is, in my opinion, is a much better car and still has that Land Rover style of driving I used too experience in my older Range Rovers. I have noticed an improvement in the stealer and their response to the issues I have had, compared to the last 18 years of Land rover Ownership.

But I do think that Land Rover and Jaguar are going to repeat history by resting on their recent success and not using it as a springboard to make the improvements to keep up or better the competition.

Post #486824 Sun Feb 07 2016 7:01am
wilf

I must be the exception to the rule then, had nothing but great service from my JLR dealer for over 10 years. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #486825 Sun Feb 07 2016 9:59am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

wilf wrote:
Sounds like a change of dealer rather than a change of marque is needed.

I have tried 15 LR dealers and not found one I would recommend Sad

I have used Lrcs 4 times and heard the same excuses and seen the same standard replies Rolling Eyes Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #486828 Sun Feb 07 2016 10:41am
Rossi72

I will say in defence of the current dealer that although the first incorrect car was their fault, they acted quickly and lent me a car until the new one arrived. Also the DP is on the case and has emailed me several times to keep me up to speed with the missing extra washer bottle issue.

I have had some confidence installed in their efforts in customer service. Very Happy

The car is also fantastic and I still believe that nothing else is near it. I test drove the X5, Cayenne and RRS all on long term test over 48 hours. The RRS was miles ahead in my opinion. I know some moan about the infotainment system, but I never used half of the stuff in the X5, idistract. The Meridian sound system is superb, engine faultless an the seating position perfect. Thumbs Up

Post #486832 Sun Feb 07 2016 11:15am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

I agree all the LRs I've owned have been brilliant and test drove alternatives but always bought another LR Thumbs Up

But the dealers and Lrcs are ruining the hard work done by the design and build people Big Cry Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #486833 Sun Feb 07 2016 11:22am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Since 1996 I have used 1 Scottish dealership in Stirling who were great but I was put off when on of their salesman who had sold me 5 previous Land Rovers advised me that I wouldn't like an Alaksa White TDv8 RRS ............. and that if I ordered and then didn't like it they wouldn't take it back! That was after buying 5 previous cars from them, mostly spur of the moment decisions as I knew what I wanted. Discounts were not available on new cars at all. They are a family run business and I still use them for services if I am not going to be in London when one is due. They are "little gems" in the Land Rover world. Since the small disagreement over what colour of car I wanted to order I have used both Lookers Park Royal and Hadley Green/ Grange Garage in London and received fantastic attention and service from both. The only reason I moved from LPR to Grange was because the sales team that I was used to dealing with at LPR upped sticks enmasse and went to the then Hadley Green outlet so I followed. Some of them have since returned to LPR which leaves me with a dilemma when it comes to buying my next new car! I have also tried using a couple of other Scottish outlets, one of the Glasgow dealerships declined me a test drive in their V8 Disco 2 demo car while I was the owner of a 3 year old Disco 1 V8 which was when I went to the Stirling dealership and who subsequently got most of my Land Rover orders over the years. The Perth dealership never struck me as wanting to ever sell any of their stock to me. I have been into Pentland at Newbridge and was really well received there, they went out of their way to help but when it came to pricing they couldn't or wouldn't match London's deals. It has always been woth the tank of diesel each way to travel to London to hand back a car and drive off in a shiny new one. It also helps that LPR is 10 minutes walk from the hotel I use in West London and that there are 2 tubes stations to chose from between the hotel and theor showroom and I am a frequent visitor to London so drop in to see the latest LR offerings and even sometimes get to drive them! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #486838 Sun Feb 07 2016 2:36pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Rossi72

I have a result with the missing extra washer tank. The DP of my dealer has been emailing me and Land Rover UK have put it down to a "Product Shortage". Shocked

Fine, but why was the car released when it wasn't finished. Good job the brakes were not on a "Product Shortage". Confused

Anyway, I would like to commend the Dealer for their efforts in resolving the issue. They of course have offered to fit the missing tank and have also offered me some compensation. Thumbs Up

I am going to write to Mr Spelth and let him know what his factory are up to, but I doubt he will be losing any sleep over it.

Still enjoying the Car and always look forward to going out in it. Very Happy

Post #486991 Tue Feb 09 2016 2:32pm
R444SPT

United Kingdom 

philmw wrote:
Having seen the cars being built I'm surprised anything can be missed as all is bar coded. Hopefully it'll be sorted (although I imagine fitting the washer bottle down the side of the wing will not be the easiest job in the world).

I assume the wrong colours and interiors were dealer ordering errors?

I had an ex demo RR1 2.7 HHSE on an 06 some years ago, the that had a split washer bottle on collection, dealer had a hell of a job getting it replaced, just because of wing location - was at that point a full days job... -

Post #487058 Wed Feb 10 2016 8:38am
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

IIRC leaking/cracked washer bottles were a problem on early Sports. 

Post #487071 Wed Feb 10 2016 1:17pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>