RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Timed climate - again!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

bajer

Hi, have the new AGM battery solved the issue? I'm having the exact same problem now.

Post #518947 Sat Feb 25 2017 3:41pm
lespes

Guernsey 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Probably the same issue as on the D4.

The BMS system seems to get confused and thinks there is not enough battery power so will not fire up. This seems to occur when the main battery has been discharged to a fairly low level usually by leaving doors open to long or listening to radio etc with engine off to long. Even if you use a charger to top battery up the BMS system will not recognize this or running it for hundreds of miles.

So to cure it do a hard reset. http://www.disco3.co.uk/wiki/Hard_Reset

I use to keep a spanner and length of wire in battery box to reset if had run battery low, as knew unless re set battery would not fully re charge and enable Timed climate to work. Thumbs Up Now driving a rather smart looking Van

Post #518955 Sat Feb 25 2017 5:46pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

Not the same issue, but reading about temperature FBH works (up to 5c). I've noticed my FBH has come on the last two mornings, when the outside temperature is 10c yesterday and today 11c. Anyone reading know why it's coming on above 5c and should I worry, besides burning a bit extra fuel? Thanks. Confused John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #518987 Sat Feb 25 2017 11:19pm
lespes

Guernsey 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

When new battery fitted the BMS system will need a reset anyway Thumbs Up Now driving a rather smart looking Van

Post #519049 Sun Feb 26 2017 2:39pm
bajer

So it was reset (JRL SDD) BMS after replacing the battery,
nothing has changed on the same error.

Post #520042 Mon Mar 06 2017 11:04am
MGO

Ireland 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Sumatra Black

Ovey wrote:
I didn't get chance yesterday, but I did look this morning and the battery was showing as 11.7v in the "secret" screen. I think this is the reason that TC isn't working.

Any ideas how to progress? The battery is only 6 months old, I've never had any problems with it (stand-fast what I've just discovered) and the alternator seems to be working fine, as the charging voltage is 14.4v.

i have updated to Timed Climate and have similar issue.
BUT the battery is in good order and is topped up charged every weekend since Christmas with my new CTEK MXS10

i was going to open a seperate thread but figured i'd carry on with this old one due to some similarities.

My main question:
Is there some other battery voltage monitor in the vehicle that is subject to anomolies?
After another night of failure on the timed Climate start
i noted this morning with the IID that the battery was reading 11.7V at very first register but jumped up to 12.6 quickly.
also, if i run the manual heat selection, the FBH will start and burn BUT will shut down when the Dash IP goes to sleep Crying or Very sad

the battery is genuine JLR AGM unit. i cant say exactly what age it is but i would not consider the battery to be weak.
The CTEK barely requires 1 hour to get it from indicator light 4 through to 7
Never any issue with a lazy start even on cold mornings.

i've no issue with changing the battery if it is a problem but it seems like there is something else going on from a Voltage perspective

ive trawled this site and the D4 site to see if any other experiences noted but this was the only one i see with a similar note of 11.7V and the fact that a battery renewal didnt solve the issue.

Confused Confused Confused Confused

and just to add.....
i scheduled a one time event timer to run last night when i had the CTEK on the car and the timed event started and executed its 20 minutes protocol....
so, i guess the battery topic is still a question mark but i cant help thinking the vehicle is seeing a <12v condition when it is fully asleep.
i dont know.
any thoughts appreciated.

I had the Bell FBH controller unit on my old 2007 RRS and never gave me a moments trouble. And that vehicle never got a CTEK charge in its life. Rolling Eyes Mad 2007 TDV6 RRS HSE..now gone
2012 3.0 SDV6 RRS HSE

Post #593878 Mon Jan 27 2020 12:39pm
MGO

did the test again after CTEK charging for 1 hour and the timed function starts no problem.

so i guess a new battery is the next port of call.

put the CTEK back on this evening and only charged up to 3 lights.... so obviously the battery cant maintain the load.
CTEK is sitting on charge with only 4 lights after more than 3 hours charging.

Battery ordered from Tayna
EXIDE AGM EK950 should be here by Thursday.....

would love to drop the EK1050 in there but the extra 40mm in length looks to be too much of a squeeze. 2007 TDV6 RRS HSE..now gone
2012 3.0 SDV6 RRS HSE

Post #593882 Mon Jan 27 2020 2:09pm
MGO

new battery in and the timed climate works perfectly by the timer...

BUT still wont stay on with the manual heat selected Rolling Eyes manual heat works and start up the FBH... but after the few minutes when the IP goes asleep... this shuts down the FBH also and switches to cooling down cycle.

any thoughts on that? 2007 TDV6 RRS HSE..now gone
2012 3.0 SDV6 RRS HSE

Post #594709 Tue Feb 11 2020 4:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12