RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Squirm on high speed bends?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Widdle

United Kingdom 

Check your bushes as mine all need replacing (on back order from the factory). Had same experience and dealer put it down to that. Mine's a 63 reg, 32,000 miles

Post #485002 Sun Jan 17 2016 3:19pm
Farmer Chalk

When it's next in for service I will definately get them to check...
Had it again today and it's quite disconcerting....again a long motorway radius exit bend and with a constant acceleration...the car is just biting and starting to load up the outside tyres and you get a very distinct squirm which actually gets the seat of your pants to start considering lifting off....I can only describe it as a shimmy but not very nice to experience...

Post #491037 Wed Mar 16 2016 12:22am
Farmer Chalk

Thread resurrection!

Put my car in for service with its 32,000 mile service and they found nothing.... next week it is in for its 48,000 mile service and I was hoping someone else may have had this problem and had it diagnosed....

My car still does it and it is very disconcerting and definitely makes you spontaneously lift off mid bend which is not what you want to be doing... you now need resolve to be aware it's going to do it and drive through it but it gives you that seat of the pants feeling that is definitely not right....

Don't know whether it's connected but I have also started to notice a slight bonk noise from the rear when pulling a sharp 90 degree right turn ( I.e.turning into a junction sharply ) which feels as though it's diff or driveshaft related.... it also occurs in multi storeys when coming off the up ramps.....

Don't know whether it's related.....thoughts on a postcard?...

Post #513488 Tue Jan 03 2017 11:51pm
Triple7

United Kingdom 

Have you demonstrated the issue to a tech? Unless they see a fault code, then nothing will be done. If you can show them, then theyncan get a LR factory tech down to investigate.. Gone:
2016.5MY RRS HSE Dyn
2015MY Disco Sport HSE
2011MY FL2 HSE
2010MY RRS HSE
2008MY D3 HSE

Post #513666 Fri Jan 06 2017 6:20am
Farmer Chalk

No I haven't because it's quite difficult to replicate and only on certain roads/bends does it seem to happen. It's mainly on long motorway slip roads with a decent radius... the north side M25/ A40 junction, the M25 M26 /a21 junction etc where you come in at a reasonable speed but not so high to induce torque vectoring.... it's just at that point in mid bend where that unsettling is positively the last thing you want to happen!

Post #513668 Fri Jan 06 2017 8:14am
ilard

United Kingdom 

I had something like this in my 2011 clunker when I switched from Continental Sports to Pirelli Scorpions. Without putting some Contis back on to compare (in case of other wear) I cannot say for sure, bit it would be interesting to know what model tyres you are running on for the record. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #513686 Fri Jan 06 2017 1:30pm
Farmer Chalk

Mine is fitted with Continental 22's..... it's not the tyre breaking away it is some sort of movement in the diff or suspension arms which feels as though it's altering its alignment but it is very disconcerting and not all all reassuring.... it literally feels like when you hit a manhole cover in the wet.

Post #513777 Sat Jan 07 2017 3:55pm
Farmer Chalk

Widdle wrote:
Check your bushes as mine all need replacing (on back order from the factory). Had same experience and dealer put it down to that. Mine's a 63 reg, 32,000 miles

Waddle...you are right! Despite raising this with the service desk every time the car has gone in for service they found nothing! Should learn to trust my own instincts more....

It got so bad that now any take up in the drivetrain you can feel the knock....including any manoeuvre I.e. Right turn /left turn which places added stress on the suspension arms... it has got so bad now that you can feel the car tram lining from the back...horrible feeling....

Well surprise surprise they have now diagnosed it as suspension bushes....which again are on back order!

Have got the car finally booked in for next week to effect repairs and I await the dealer diagnosing my flat battery issue as well....( see other thread)

Who knows by the time I come to move it on at three years old I will have rectified all the faults ready for the next owner!

Post #517489 Sun Feb 12 2017 9:05am
andymc

United Kingdom 

I experienced something similar recently on some long sweeping right handers.

felt a little like the steering was changing its stiffness mid-corner and causing me to have to adjust turning angles all the way through the corner, unnecessarily. It was quite discerning to feel it get unsettled like that. SVR with a few bits from Urban and Glohh

Post #517520 Sun Feb 12 2017 3:38pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

Torque Vectoring perhaps? 

Post #517540 Sun Feb 12 2017 7:19pm
Farmer Chalk

Had the rear suspension bushes replaced and solved problem...first noticed this at 20,000 miles. These are oil filled and had clearly failed early on....anyone with similar traits it may be worth getting yours checked out! Very Happy

Post #522490 Fri Mar 31 2017 11:00pm
Widdle

United Kingdom 

Farmer Chalk wrote:
Widdle wrote:

Waddle...you are right! Despite raising this with the service desk every time the car has gone in for service they found nothing! Should learn to trust my own instincts more....

It got so bad that now any take up in the drivetrain you can feel the knock....including any manoeuvre I.e. Right turn /left turn which places added stress on the suspension arms... it has got so bad now that you can feel the car tram lining from the back...horrible feeling....

Well surprise surprise they have now diagnosed it as suspension bushes....which again are on back order!

Have got the car finally booked in for next week to effect repairs and I await the dealer diagnosing my flat battery issue as well....( see other thread)

Who knows by the time I come to move it on at three years old I will have rectified all the faults ready for the next owner!

Glad it's sorted Smile

Post #522593 Sat Apr 01 2017 11:24pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12