RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Revised Delivery Dates
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Smarticus

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red
Revised Delivery Dates

Has anyone had their delivery date on a RRS put back recently ? My TDv8 was scheduled to arrive December 4th, but has now been put back to December 20th Rolling Eyes That's a real disappointment - its like telling a kid that Santa won't now arrive until mid January. Has anyone else had this happen recently ? Its rubbish customer care in my mind. I was brought up to believe in "under promise and over deliver", but Landrover clearly don't work by those rules.

And, do you think I should now wait until January to accept delivery and get registered in 2007 instead Question Does that make any difference to residual value these days ??? RRS TDv8 HSE Rimini
Disco 4 TDv6 HSE Ipanema
Defender 90, 200tdi CSW

Post #65507 Thu Nov 09 2006 1:15am
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

Uh, that sucks. I am for instant gratification myself and wouldn't like such a delay one bit. Sorry, Smarticus Sad

Regarding registration, it's still a MY07, and I think that matters much more than the month it was registered for residual value's sake. Plus, at least here in the US there are big reasons to register a car before the end of the year for business owners. Heavy vehicles such as the Sport enjoy greatly accelerated depreciation over "normal" cars, thanks to a stupid law passed by the Bush administration and then revised a bit, but for once I'm not complaining. That means potential big deductions and considerable tax savings for small businesses, which is why on December 31st Hummer dealerships are usually packed with frantic business owners sent there by their CPAs. Very Happy Land Rover knows this, obviously:

http://www.landroverusa.com/us/en/Vehicles...Owners.htm 

Post #65508 Thu Nov 09 2006 7:16am
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Kaine's RRS was put back a good week or so and i think some else said the same as well! RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #65510 Thu Nov 09 2006 9:55am
Pelyma

England 

Wait for first of Jan. MY makes little difference, but year of registration does.

Post #65511 Thu Nov 09 2006 10:01am
kam100

United Kingdom 
Re: Revised Delivery Dates

Smarticus wrote:
And, do you think I should now wait until January to accept delivery and get registered in 2007 instead Question Does that make any difference to residual value these days ???

nah not really mate. a 56 plate later down the line, will always be viewed as a late 2006 car, even if it is an 07 car. The mentality of people buying cars used is quite strange in this respect, was doing another ML the other day, and asking the client whether a 2006/55 would be ok, but they were saying, nah has to be an 06.. got a march registered 06 plate, so was technically like 2 months newer, so hardly anything, but the psychological plate thing for some people when buying used is quite strange.

Was putting through a Bmw 3 series coupe yesterday on an 04 plate, and then found a 54 plate, and it moved the balloon up after 4 years, all of £350, so not much of a difference on 6 monthly plates either.. so don't worry to much about it.. just get the car asap and enjoy mate!

Post #65551 Thu Nov 09 2006 11:52am
David@orangewheels

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Depends how much you'd like your new RRS for Xmas to show the relatives!

Glass October book puts a 2005 55 plate at £40700, and a 2006 55 plate at £41775
(obviously this difference will drop if you're planning on keeping it longer)

is having your new toy for Xmas worth £1075?

Post #65595 Thu Nov 09 2006 4:16pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kam100

United Kingdom 

guess the difference between plate will differ greater on the RRS being much more expensive.. must be a percentage difference.. on list.

Good to hear figures from Glass' though.
So its a little more expensive to have the car earlier, or later in this case.. make em wait till Jan mate if the above is true.. that way at least they will loose the sale for the month as well.

Post #65602 Thu Nov 09 2006 4:55pm
David@orangewheels

kam100 wrote:
guess the difference between plate will differ greater on the RRS being much more expensive.. must be a percentage difference.. on list.

Good to hear figures from Glass' though.
So its a little more expensive to have the car earlier, or later in this case.. make em wait till Jan mate if the above is true.. that way at least they will loose the sale for the month as well.

Those figs were for a TDV6 HSE, if you're keeping it for 3 years then it's going to be a much smaller figure maybe £4-500.

The dealer prob wont be too happy and may try and insist you take it Dec to hit their sales figs - Just say you want it registered 2007, make up some excuse about going on holiday etc.

Don't let them be sneaky and reg it in Dec then deliver it to you Jan - Make sure you date the insurance covernote you give them from 1st Jan then they can't legally reg it in Dec. Very Happy

Post #65605 Thu Nov 09 2006 5:09pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
tuncer

I was shocked to find two MY 2007 RRS arrived in Calgary, Canada today...unfortunately neither one was my order. But I was told I'd have mine within two weeks.

BTW, I didn't like the Oak in the black RRS that was there...

Tuncer

Post #65651 Thu Nov 09 2006 10:40pm
landroverstormer

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Be reasonable with the dealer with regard to delivery dates. The T & C's on most dealers order forms state collection within 7 days of written notification that the car is ready. I have known of a dealer selling a vehicle to another customer because of the breach of contract. Read the terms and conditions on your order before you decide what to do, especially when they have more customers than cars at the moment!

I agree with the above posts, the difference after 3 years would be very small and probably worth having the car over the festive period.

On tip though is to make sure they pay for an extra weeks road tax, otherwise you won't get the full 12 months that you paid for in the 'on-the-road' price, if the car is late knockings in December.

You may also want to say "Because I'm not stalling things for a January delivery, I guess that you will ba able to supply me with a nice Land Rover fleece for Christmas?"

Never know it may work? TDV8 HSE in Java/Ebony with Zebrano Wood, RSE, Hybrid TV, and a few other bells and whistles.

Discovery 1 V8i Auto (The Off Road Toy)

Post #65660 Thu Nov 09 2006 11:03pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Haha.. excellent..

Im trying a similar tactic with my Bmw now.
Due for delivery on 21st dec after the three months demo period is up. Fortunately i am away between the 14th dec and 30th dec, so told them, that basically i won't pay for a car to sit in their compound for three weeks before i can pick it up, so you can have payment after i get back and into the new year..

They are now talking along the lines of, we'll give you it 'on loan' before you go, and i can leave my payment on a kind of delay timer, so will hit their account on the 21st Dec. So im proposing Dec 1st.. now im car-less, so lets see what date they come back with. if they say Dec 13th, i'll say thats an unlucky number.. so will try and get it on the sat/sun around the 9th Dec.. that way get to have a play before i go away..

All fun and games..

Post #65702 Fri Nov 10 2006 11:16am
David@orangewheels

Dealers have 2 sets of sales targets, those set by the manufacturer based on registrations in the month, and those set by head office based profit, i.e. on the car being invoiced and paid for.

The dealers are concerned about Land Rover targets, especially if they are being given extra incentive by LR to register a set number of cars, but usually more bothered about head office targets, as that's what the salesman / manager gets paid on.

If your dealer is getting shirty about taking a late december delivery date, offer to pay for the car in december, so they can invoice it and hit their profit targets, but insist on the car being registered in January.

That way you keep your end of the contractual agreement you sign when you order the car, and get a 2007 car, and the salesman and his manager get their commision on time. everybody happy! Very Happy

Post #65731 Fri Nov 10 2006 1:27pm
landroverstormer

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

The old invoice and pay one month and register the next..... works a treat! Wink TDV8 HSE in Java/Ebony with Zebrano Wood, RSE, Hybrid TV, and a few other bells and whistles.

Discovery 1 V8i Auto (The Off Road Toy)

Post #65876 Fri Nov 10 2006 9:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1