RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Headlight alignment...L494... Dazzling others...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Farmer Chalk

Headlight alignment...L494... Dazzling others...

Anyone else suffer the same issue as me? Got a 2015MY L494 with adaptive headlights which are ordinarily very good but they appear to have been set too high....constantly being flashed by people who think I'm running full beam on them....

Even coming up behind people I get the fog light treatment where I must be blinding people...anyone else suffer this....is it a JLR thing that they are setting too high or just my car?

In the good old days I could get a screwdriver out and adjust them but with these it needs a computer the size of Saturn 5....unless anyone knows a way around D it??

Post #480980 Fri Nov 27 2015 8:04am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

They were set a bit too high on mine from new. When I booked it in for something else I asked the dealer to check the headlamps too as oncoming traffic flashed. Initially they said to me Xenons were brighter than normal lights and there may not be anything wrong but I explained this was my 3rd RRS, the previous 2 had Xenons as well and never had an issue. Later they told me they were indeed set high and they have adjusted down. Haven't been flashed since then. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #480982 Fri Nov 27 2015 8:39am
Farmer Chalk

Is there anyway to reset them without a dealer visit? Just takes forever to get booked in and to give up,a day to sort this seems over the top but it is becoming an issue!

Post #480986 Fri Nov 27 2015 9:01am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Don't know. I didn't check the handbook for this as mine was going in anyway. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone

Post #480988 Fri Nov 27 2015 9:33am
Farmer Chalk

Handbook? What's this thing that you call a handbook? Rolling with laughter

Post #480989 Fri Nov 27 2015 9:50am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

A handbook is something that could save people a lot of time they spend asking questions on a forum and waiting for answers. It can also save a lot of disk space & bandwidth that gets used up discussing things that have been explained by the manufacturer.

In case of LRs, a handbook is also something that is riddled with inconsistencies, missing and sometimes outright incorrect information (inaccurate fuse layouts, wrong tyre size are just some that spring to mind). This means the above is not necessarily a waste Laughing Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #480991 Fri Nov 27 2015 9:58am
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 

Found this on RangeRovers.net:

Quote:
On each corner of the car under the hood is a triangular plastic cover held on by 3 pushscrews. Remove the cover. Below you will see a white plastic bolt which will accommodate a 6mm hexhead. I used a socket and an extension to adjust my headlamps. An allen wrench will work too. Counterclockwise will lower the lamps and clockwise will raise them.

Thumbs Up Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK
2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto HSE Zambezi Silver

Post #480995 Fri Nov 27 2015 10:27am
Farmer Chalk

Thanks LFW's..... I know there is spookily another thread running on this but for anyone finding themselves in a similar position who needs to adjust their lights this is relatively simple but you need to adjust the right adjuster ....

The photos below show the right adjuster for height...

Firstly you have to remove the three fasteners to take of this plastic panel fitted on the near side....

Then you can just see the 6mm hexagonal Allen key just in front of the expansion tank... You may need to move aside a couple of small rubber hoses to see it clearly...

On the offside access is super simple and you can easily see the adjuster just in front of the washer bottle....
I just parked mine against my garage door and tweaked these and sorted them out quickly and simply!!

Post #481228 Sun Nov 29 2015 10:07pm
Flipman51

England 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Nara Bronze

Thanks for this. Very helpful, much appreciated

Post #618007 Sun Oct 10 2021 6:01pm
Kitchenfitter

United Kingdom 

Had this a few times to so may adjust mine as well 👍

Post #618011 Sun Oct 10 2021 7:03pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1