RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > 825w meridian sound system - Sport vs Big Range
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Netsters

England 
825w meridian sound system - Sport vs Big Range

Hi all, I have a Vogue SE on loan while my MY16 Sport AB is at the dealers after only a week of picking it up from new.
It has developed an Adaptive Dynamic Fault, will be interesting to see how long it takes to remedy.

Having had the Vogue SE for the good part of a day, I am glad with my decision to go with a sport instead, the Vogue is a lovely car, but the sport is just more planted.

However the stereo in the Vogue sounds a bit clearer and bassier than the sport, I could be mistaken as I haven't had that long to play with it in my own car, but does anyone know if there is a difference/ Range Rover Sport SVR - Santorini Black
Range Rover Sport Autobiography 2016 Yulong White / black interior - Stealth pack
Ferrari 360 F1 Spider red/cream
Ferrari 348 ts red/cream
BMW M4 Convertible Competion Pack

Post #480783 Mon Nov 23 2015 10:11pm
R444SPT

United Kingdom 

You should check the subwoofer is actually not turned down on your own one if it is, then you won't hear or feel the effect of it.

Post #480804 Tue Nov 24 2015 11:44am
Beancounter_74

England 

I noticed in the A/B Vogue we had on loan that the sound system was amazing, could just be the accoustics and the greater size inside offering a better listening experience......but check the sub too Smile ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #480806 Tue Nov 24 2015 11:51am
wilf

Just as an aside - I have compared the 825W Meridian system in my XF and her Evoque - sounds better in the Evoque, markedly so. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #480813 Tue Nov 24 2015 2:31pm
spear

United Kingdom 

Defo sounds better. I had a Vogue myself for about week whilst my sport was in for repair and I noticed pretty much straight away that the sound quality was much improved.

Maybe it's just the different size of the vehicle or the placement of the speakers.

Post #480814 Tue Nov 24 2015 2:44pm
Netsters

England 

I think you are right, could be speaker placement or acoustics. just got my AB back, so was able to do a side by side test with the Vogue SE and also dragged a Land Rover technician out of the dealership to have listen too.

He could definitely notice the difference, so he has gone off to check that the Vogue SE I had on loan doesn't have the 1700w system! he'll let me know tomorrow.

I prefer the sport in all other areas, but if the Vogue SE does turn out to be the 825w system too, then there is definitely something about the speaker placement, or the way that they are housed which sounds clearer and basier, especially in the front bass speakers in the doors. Range Rover Sport SVR - Santorini Black
Range Rover Sport Autobiography 2016 Yulong White / black interior - Stealth pack
Ferrari 348 ts red/cream

Post #480828 Tue Nov 24 2015 7:16pm
wilf

Think a lot of it will be down to the door internal volume - that will have a major effect on bass response. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #480839 Tue Nov 24 2015 9:45pm
Autobiography

I believe the Sport has less speakers on both the 825W and 1700W systems.

For example, my L405 has 29 speakers on the 1700W system and the L494 equivalent has 23 speakers.

NB: if the VSE had the 1700W system, there are speakers in the roof lining next to the sun visors and additionally in the seat backs.

Post #480844 Tue Nov 24 2015 11:22pm
Netsters

England 

I believe both 825w systems i.e in the vogue we and the sport have the same amount of speakers, although I could be mistaken.

I can see the volume of space in the doors and the cabin could definitely make a difference, but the issue I'm having seems to be clarity. Low bass frequencies from the sub seem fine but, mid bass frequencies that cause the door and dash speakers to fire seem a bit gritty/gravelly not as clean. It is hard to pinpoint but I would say it's the dashboard and door speakers that are under performing IMHO, when put the sub up and fade the sound mostly to the rear and put the system in Dolby prolific is seems to be the best setting, meridian mode, with the fader set centrally seems to be the setting where the issue is the most noticable. Definitely didn't have this in big range.

I'm going to the dealer next week to have a sound off with another sport and a big range.

Is anyone having a similar issue, would be good to compare. Range Rover Sport SVR - Santorini Black
Ferrari 348 ts red/cream

Post #480963 Thu Nov 26 2015 10:37pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1