RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > 1st interactions with aftersales
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

mikeyross

United Kingdom 

Hobster, sorry to hear about these troubles ...
I've actually had very good service from the same dealer for Jeeps over the years (including quite recently) and the service boss himself was very responsive. It just shows we can't make any assumptions or rely on anything, unfortunately!
Mine is going back to Pulborough for cosmetic corrections tomorrow (while I wait), so will be hoping for a complete lack of annoyance ...

Post #477957 Tue Oct 27 2015 2:01pm
Hobster

United Kingdom 

Update:

11:00 - Get a call from the service advisor I have been dealing with from the start apologising that I had been misadvised. Ok i said, what's done is done I just want it completed and the car back with all the updates and work completed today. Crack on.

16:30 - Call from the Service manager...uh oh...here we go again. Turns out the fuel slap fix is more work than expected. (Remember i asked the to get this understood several times in the last 4 weeks) I gave them the car with 1/2 a tank so the noise was evident, turns out they need the car under 1/4 tank full to install the foam baffle. Now they tell me that the two implements they use for this are already full of fuel and don't want to risk contamination putting anything back into mine. At this point, I am happy to bin any fuel they need to, just get it out and get on with the job as the option they presented was to rebuild the car, let me run it down and bring it back when low fuel?!
They confirm its a 4 hour job... what the hell have they been doing for 2 days.
Told them to just get it done....

Evil or Very Mad MY16 SDV6 AB Dynamic Stealth
Previous: R8 V10, S3, R8 V8, RS6 Saloon, FFRR AB (L322), RS6 Avant, Lancia Integrale Evo 2, Mk2 Golf GTI

Post #477977 Tue Oct 27 2015 5:38pm
chatuge

United Kingdom 

Which dealership in Sussex is this?

Post #477990 Tue Oct 27 2015 8:17pm
alexv

United Kingdom 

Hobster I feel your pain

The morons who fitted the so called cure for fuel slap in my car 2 weeks ago not only wasted £50 of my fuel but now when I fill up the car it only shows half full in the tank, so yet another day sending my car up to Newport Pagnell what a bunch!

I would recommend every one having this done to go fill up immediately after collecting your car so as to determine whether they have created another issue as mentioned above.

Cheers
Alex On order expected October 16 macan turbo
Current car MY15 Hse Dynamic
Cayenne v6 MY64
RRS MY13 Black edition
Discovery MY61 xs
RRS TDV6 MY07
XC90 Executive
Yada yada yada

Post #477996 Tue Oct 27 2015 8:54pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Perhaps the answer is to take your vehicles to other garages? If LR's garages aren't able to sort the issues then have someone else do it. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #477999 Tue Oct 27 2015 9:25pm
alexv

United Kingdom 

Yeah I think your right I'm gonna give the peeps over in Bedford a try, as my only other choice is Aylesbury and there is no way I'm leaving my expensive car with them. On order expected October 16 macan turbo
Current car MY15 Hse Dynamic
Cayenne v6 MY64
RRS MY13 Black edition
Discovery MY61 xs
RRS TDV6 MY07
XC90 Executive
Yada yada yada

Post #478003 Tue Oct 27 2015 9:50pm
Hobster

United Kingdom 

Also seems standard practice to leave the car unlocked with window open. 2nd night in a row now. MY16 SDV6 AB Dynamic Stealth
Previous: R8 V10, S3, R8 V8, RS6 Saloon, FFRR AB (L322), RS6 Avant, Lancia Integrale Evo 2, Mk2 Golf GTI

Post #478032 Tue Oct 27 2015 11:36pm
Hobster

United Kingdom 

RRSTDV8 wrote:
Perhaps the answer is to take your vehicles to other garages? If LR's garages aren't able to sort the issues then have someone else do it.

1st attempt. Won't be going back. MY16 SDV6 AB Dynamic Stealth

Post #478034 Tue Oct 27 2015 11:37pm
Hobster

United Kingdom 

chatuge wrote:
Which dealership in Sussex is this?

Harwoods Brighton. MY16 SDV6 AB Dynamic Stealth

Post #478035 Tue Oct 27 2015 11:37pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

Hobster wrote:
Also seems standard practice to leave the car unlocked with window open. 2nd night in a row now.

Yes it does my app showed the same for two weeks whilst in the workshop i dont know why they do this.

Post #478040 Wed Oct 28 2015 12:18am
Hobster

United Kingdom 

Day 3 ...
11:00 - apologetic phone call. Tough job this fuel slap fix. We have a dedicated tech on it now who has done it before and he will be on your job until completed. ... so what monkey has been wrenching on it for the last 2 days?
16:00 - apologetic call advising its still a tough job and doesn't beleive will be ready for collection today. Sorry to keep mis advising but book time is very different to acheive time in this case. ... books as a 4 hour job.

Odds on getting it back tomorrow?...

Odds on getting it back for the weekend? ...

Neutral my unimpressed face. MY16 SDV6 AB Dynamic Stealth

Post #478105 Wed Oct 28 2015 8:25pm
R444SPT

United Kingdom 

GJW1 wrote:
Hobster wrote:
Also seems standard practice to leave the car unlocked with window open. 2nd night in a row now.

Yes it does my app showed the same for two weeks whilst in the workshop i dont know why they do this.

It always used to be to stop keys getting locked inside, not sure that has washed for a number of years now....

Post #478120 Wed Oct 28 2015 9:50pm
rangiejools

Australia 

If you're anywhere near Swindon try T H White. They looked after my car when I lived in the UK.. This over 10 years ago and they were excellent then.
Luckily all the dealers here in Melbourne seem to be good. Non of the cockups I used to get in UK before I found T H White.

PS: My fuel slap was done with minimum of fuss.. The only thing dealers aren't able to fix is the windscreen smudge. I have fixed it a bit by applying some Rainex. SDV8 arrived and fantastic even the infotainment!
1983 2 door Range Rover ARB Bar X9000 winch ARB Rear Bar now semi retired.
Many big trips done in this one.
1982 Rangerover nearly restored.
22 Defender D250 with lots of stuff for outback touring
Nice 2013 Freelander TD4 manual (for daughter to learn on) with much better stereo compared with previous SD4 SE with Meridian which sounded bad!
2013 Land Rover Defender ute.

Post #478132 Wed Oct 28 2015 11:45pm
Autobiography

Not sure if any of you can shed light on this but I cannot get a straight answer from LR as to how much the foam baffles reduce fuel tank capacity. They will not tell me!

Additionally, the fix is to insert foam into the tank and then inflate a 'plastic bag' inside the tank. I really don't know about the longevity of this solution!

Post #478145 Thu Oct 29 2015 3:19am
Dave777

United Kingdom 

Feel for you Hobster. Why did you go to Brighton rather than Pulborough? Mine needs to go in for the AHBA so will try Gatwick as they are so close to me.

Been so busy lately we have hardly driven it but good so far. Had a bit of tank slap backing down a slope but not heard much so hoping I may not need it after all this. It is a 1/4 to 1/3 full at the moment but away on business for a bit. MY16 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Aleutian silver, stealth pack and toys.

Post #478167 Thu Oct 29 2015 12:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>