RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Early morning transmission clunk
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Triumph_Dave

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Early morning transmission clunk

All, my car is just coming up to 500 miles on the clock. From cold first thing in the morning when its placed into drive for the first time I get a pronounced clunk from the auto box and it wants to jump forward. After this it does not do it again until the next day in the morning when its cold and driven for the first time..
Has anyone seen the same???.
Obviously if this continues its another thing to add to the dealers list, but just wanted to see if anyone else had this??. I have not seen this before from new on my older 2013 RRS or the Disco4.

Dave D4 2012 Santorini Black gone
RRS 2013 Santorini HSE Black gone
MY2016 RRS HSE Dynamic arrived September, but will it stay.. maybe not.

Post #476908 Sun Oct 18 2015 1:39pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

Is this just when you engage drive or reverse ?

I have had this on two cars I've driven when stone cold it's almost like when you click park it put the hand break on it stays in gear in case the hand break fails it will not move so I think that's the reason.

If it's when your driving the car stone cold you feel it clunking then I believe this isn't correct and my current car has this Aswell as juddering which I've recorded the revs bouncing around. Car is been replaced anyway due to a number of problems but this one will remains after 3 weeks in the garage and I'm to busy to take it back for another however long at the moment.

From what you have said I think it's normal as per the car held in gear I think but someone else may advise if your not happy though take it back and borrow one of there cars the same spec as yours for a couple of days then you will know if it's your car or normal.

Post #476940 Sun Oct 18 2015 7:44pm
wilf

Out of interest, do you park on a slope? MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #476962 Sun Oct 18 2015 9:05pm
Triumph_Dave

Hi Wilf, very slight downhill.. My previous V6 LR autobox vehicles were parked at the same place, direction etc and did not clunk or jump..

Dave D4 2012 Santorini Black gone

Post #477038 Mon Oct 19 2015 1:34pm
Triumph_Dave

GJW1 wrote:
Is this just when you engage drive or reverse ?

I have had this on two cars I've driven when stone cold it's almost like when you click park it put the hand break on it stays in gear in case the hand break fails it will not move so I think that's the reason.

If it's when your driving the car stone cold you feel it clunking then I believe this isn't correct and my current car has this Aswell as juddering which I've recorded the revs bouncing around. Car is been replaced anyway due to a number of problems but this one will remains after 3 weeks in the garage and I'm to busy to take it back for another however long at the moment.

From what you have said I think it's normal as per the car held in gear I think but someone else may advise if your not happy though take it back and borrow one of there cars the same spec as yours for a couple of days then you will know if it's your car or normal.

Hi GJW1. Only get the clunk and jump when it goes into drive for the first time each day and only when stone cold. Rest of the time its fine. I will be talking with the dealer in the next few days and see what they say.. D4 2012 Santorini Black gone

Post #477039 Mon Oct 19 2015 1:38pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

Try turning off the auto lowering access mode I'm sure it causes the car to try and move which could be why you get that I notice it try's to move on mine you can tell much more if you hold the break and the passenger opens there door if you like it lower then come off the brake the car suddenly drops down.

Hope that makes sense just a thought from my experience I'm also on a very slight incline maybe 1ft difference between front and back. It makes no difference on mine if parked forward or back though so can't be oil sitting all at the back of the box for example. No other cars I've owned have had this feeling either would be interested to see what your dealer says.

Post #477078 Mon Oct 19 2015 8:31pm
wilf

Do you apply the EPB before selecting "park"? MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #477126 Tue Oct 20 2015 9:53am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1