RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > RRS 2 more problems poor customer service watch this space!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

AMM

United Kingdom 
RRS 2 more problems poor customer service watch this space!

Dear Ms. Collins
I am writing to you to express my disappointment and wasted time.
I purchased a Range Rover Autobiography on the 23/09/15 . On the 4/10/15 I emailed Richard Parkinson to raise the issue of fuel slap from the fuel tank. He arranged for Maisey to contact me and I brought the vehicle to your Droitwich premises on the 15/10/15.
My understanding was that the modification which is the subject of a technical bulletin from JLR would be carried out and that the vehicle would be required for 2 days . A replacement vehicle was provided. This morning I received a phone call from Maizey in service reception to explain not all the parts were received and there was a back order for one or more parts.This means that a further delay of 2 weeks will occur.
Whilst on site I enquired about the functionality is High Beam Assist which is standard on the Autobiography.I was unable to use it. A technician came and explained that the vehicle needs a software update to the MY 16 to activate this feature although JLR have yet to produce the update. I was assured that JLR were working on this as a matter of urgency.
I have had great customer care from Richard and Maizey and Laura on reception.
However, I am not happy that I have purchased a vehicle which after some research was subject to technical bulletins that JLR knew about prior to my order being placed . I have raised these issues with Listers. No one at Listers told me these were problems and after PDI again none were raised. I even had to explain to Richard Parkinson that a load mat had not been included at delivery although it was ordered.
Please confirm to me that no other technical bulletins have been issued in the relation to this vehicle.
I am afraid the customer service I have received has been greatly diminished by the above. Please copy this email to JLR and Mr. Herbert- Power for a full response.

Post #476615 Fri Oct 16 2015 5:01pm
jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Check that you don't need the door latch modification to stop the door opening whilst driving....... Sad

The fuel slap problem has been known about for more than 12 months. I can't believe that they are still building cars using the unmodified old style fuel tanks?

Post #476630 Fri Oct 16 2015 6:13pm
sayers

United Kingdom 

My interior leather is a big issue been going on for 10+ months been waiting 4 month so far from LR agreeing to replace it. Disgusted with the Service so far. Big Cry

Post #476652 Fri Oct 16 2015 8:13pm
R444SPT

United Kingdom 

And potentially the KVM update, and wiring loom for passenger footwell...

Post #476677 Fri Oct 16 2015 9:34pm
Autobiography

Just remember the Consumer Rights Act 2015. LR and dealers are petrified of it as it is massively biased towards the customer (as it should be).

Post #476710 Sat Oct 17 2015 1:58am
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

sayers wrote:
My interior leather is a big issue been going on for 10+ months been waiting 4 month so far from LR agreeing to replace it. Disgusted with the Service so far. Big Cry

Anything like this sayers

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic37702.html

BoldlyGo is the man to speak to. Got his leather completely replaced after a bit of a battle and is very happy with the end

result 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #476850 Sat Oct 17 2015 10:28pm
andman

jim4244 wrote:
Check that you don't need the door latch modification to stop the door opening whilst driving....... Sad

The fuel slap problem has been known about for more than 12 months. I can't believe that they are still building cars using the unmodified old style fuel tanks?

Wheel nut recall ...as well.... 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's

Post #476851 Sat Oct 17 2015 10:32pm
Chrisr1806

England 

Still an excellent car though...despite the chance that the doors and wheels might fall off. Whistle Laughing Arrived: MY16 A/B SDV6 in Aruba, Ivory interior, piano black trim, black panoramic roof, spare wheel, blind spot monitoring, mudlaps and more... Twisted Evil

Gone but not forgotten:
2014 RRS2 SDV6 HSE in Loire Blue
2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black

Post #476857 Sat Oct 17 2015 10:58pm
azz

2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

The following was on last weeks European recall notifications:

Range Rover Sport built between 1/6/15 - 12/6/15

OECD Portal Category: 77000000 - Automotive

Description: Passenger car

Country of origin: United Kingdom

No pictures are available

Injuries

The backrest on the second row seat system may not latch securely in position when it is reclined. This may lead to the seat belt not correctly restraining the occupant in the event of a crash.

Voluntary measures: Recall of the product from end users 2010 RRS 3.0 TDV6 - Bali Blue / Ivory Leather / Extended Leather / TV / Rear Entertainment / Privacy Glass / Timed Climate
Mods - 21" Style 101 Alloys / Sidesteps / De-badged Rear / LED Lighting / Autobiography Grill & Vents / Remote FBH w/GPS

Post #476861 Sat Oct 17 2015 11:10pm
sayers

United Kingdom 

Yes, mines only done 10k only.

andman wrote:
sayers wrote:

Anything like this sayers

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic37702.html

BoldlyGo is the man to speak to. Got his leather completely replaced after a bit of a battle and is very happy with the end

result

Post #476869 Sun Oct 18 2015 6:55am
andman

Those were my pictures taken on delivery........ Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's

Post #476879 Sun Oct 18 2015 7:54am
andman

Sorry can't help but say it ... The OP's letter reminds me of one of those Nigerian scam emails.....

Loads of names and references of people like we're supposed to know who they are Laughing Laughing

Be nice if the OP joined us again to comment on the thread..... or explain .... Thumbs Up 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's

Post #476880 Sun Oct 18 2015 7:58am
BKHK

Australia 

I agree, OP's letter is poor and has no structure. It will probably be ignored.

Post #476977 Sun Oct 18 2015 10:55pm
AMM

United Kingdom 

Fuel tank now sorted and the Adaptive High Beam software was released today by JLR and AHB now working.

Post #477325 Wed Oct 21 2015 7:47pm
FlyFisher

United Kingdom 
Getting twitchy about ordering now

I am a newbee and near to placing an order for a a new SDV6 HSE but I am a bit twitchy going ahead on reading of this. However, pleased that you have resolved your issues now.

I would welcome any feedback on the RRS and how you feel about them now you have one as I am somewhat on the fence now between the RRS and a Porsche Macan S Diesel. Me and the missus very much like both cars and the price, etc, is pretty much the same. Obviously with the VW scandal etc, the Porsche is not without its issues either until things become clearer but their service aftersales in my experience is second to none whereas my past experience with LR like yourself has not.

Post #479084 Sat Nov 07 2015 7:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>