RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > MY16 feedback after 1 month - 2000 miles
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

udash

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red
MY16 feedback after 1 month - 2000 miles

It’s been 1 month since I took the delivery of my RRS2, and have done 2000 miles. This is what my experience so far.

Drive quality – First few days I felt that RRS has more body roll then my previous car Freelander 2, its lot more comfortable and refined then FL2, selecting the Dynamic mode makes the body roll lot less, but it doesn’t get very uncomfortable, comfort level difference between the modes seems to be very minimal which is very good. Steering gets heavy and lot more accurate with dynamic mode.

Stop-Start – way too sensitive, early days when I forgot to turn it off, once it turned off the engine while doing a 3 point turn, just before I could select the reverse gear. Also when engine turns off, it seems to move/shake and that makes the car shake as well. Maybe the engine is still tight and this is causing this and might get better, but with car being so quiet and refined tend to notice the shaking of the engine lot more. Engine warms up very quickly, more like a petrol engine then a diesel.

Steering – steering is slightly turned to right when I drive on my own, no pull to any sides, just that it’s not dead straight, could be due to camber of the road.

Interior – really pleased with seats and headlining, door side of the seat bolsters do get the marks on leather very quickly but they are not cracks. Heating works well and cooling makes it very nice improvement when warm. I also found that the car does not turn very hot when parked in the sun. Given its September it’s not a true test, but windscreen with its solar attenuating must be cutting lot of heat.

Head lights – didn’t like the colour of the head lights, not white enough, so replaced them with 6000k. Replacing the Xenon’s involves taking the air filter out to make way. Adaptive headlights works well. High beam assist is very precise, going around bends, high beam goes to low as soon as oncoming car becomes visible around the bend.

ACC – works well, only time it get confused is when going around a bend and if the car is pointing to slower vehicle at inner lane, then it slows down and then speeds after going past. Doesn’t get confused with oncoming traffic so works well even on single carriageways.

Head up display – I think my favourite feature. Works well and is visible even in bring sunlight. As HUD gives the navigation prompts I found that I can turn off the satnave voice prompts. When HUD shows next turn or next roundabout and then a quick glance at the dash to get the details, all without satnav voice. Forward alert shows a big read alert if it thinks car is approaching something in front too fast.

Traffic sign recognition – very cleaver, pickup up most of the speed signs, even when dark and then showing this on HUD is very convenient. Noticed that its able to pick up no overtake signs and speed limits and end of no-overtaking very accurately.

Soft close doors – I though this is going to be gimmick but found to be very good. You just need to pull the door to first latch and then a motor does the rest, works very well for my daughter. Only negative thing is that you can get used it so quickly, all three of us have done it with wife’s car, closing the door slowly and waiting it to be closed – well it doesn’t happen with a mini. Laughing

Gesture tailgate – Bit hit and miss

Blind spot monitoring – I think a must for the car and works well, worked even with the cycle carrier fitted, but once disabled itself saying that sensor is blocked.

Surround cameras – Very useful to find where the curb or parking marks are, without opening the door. It’s not HD quality, but works at any speed and birds eye view and front view is impressive at motorway speeds.

Exterior – so many have commented on how great it looks in red, very pleased with the colour. I applied Gtechniq C2 and EXO and water just falls off when washing so it works well, compared to painted parts, black plastic parts shows lot of dirt.

Touchscreen – there’s a delay in switching between various functions, eg camera to satnav to music, but once you’re in the correct screen response time are ok. Ability to manage climate and seat heating/cooling from screen or through the dedicated buttons are quite nice. 19 speaker sound system is fantastic and USB/Bluetooth/AUX in provides ample selection to input music. Incontrol remote is very useful and have used it almost daily basis, incontrol apps only once. Wifi hotspot provides good solid connectivity.

Mud flaps – got from ebay for under 60 a pair and fixed myself. Front set is very easy to fix as you take the lower trim out and fix the flap to it. Rear is lot more fiddly, involves drilling and cutting to make way to put the nuts in. Both fits really neatly without any gaps. Also you can fix the front ones without removing the wheels off, but rear wheels need to be taken off. Reason I mention this is because lifting the car and removing a wheel is lot of work, jack lifts almost the whole side of the car when one wheel is clear enough to remove and wheels are very heavy and can easily topple pulling you as well.

Wing mirrors – they dip when reverse selected, but it’s not something that you can save to memory. Mirrors dip by programmed amount from normal forward driving setting. There’s a very nice projected light spot from the wing mirror to the floor, roughly where you would stand to open the door. It also has an outline of the Range Rover as an image. Nice touch.

Offroading – yet to try and looking forward to the winter and some snow.

Issues, warnings - none. I am yet to hear fuel tank slosh, I have driven with music off.

overall whole family is happy with the car and commute to work and back is my highlight of the day and weekends involve lot of driving... Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

Last edited by udash on Thu Oct 15 2015 3:11pm. Edited 7 times in total

Post #476468 Thu Oct 15 2015 1:27pm
JasSmiths

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Great mini review! Thanks for taking the time to do that because everyone's quick to post when they're having issues but not so much when everything's fine!

Car looks stunning and glad your really happy with it! Smile Thumbs Up

Post #476470 Thu Oct 15 2015 2:22pm
Petri

Finland 

Hi
What is the colour of the car because it looks the finest I have seen?

Petri

Post #476521 Thu Oct 15 2015 9:05pm
labulette

France 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

red firenze I think....

Post #476524 Thu Oct 15 2015 9:48pm
udash

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

Petri wrote:
Hi
What is the colour of the car because it looks the finest I have seen?

Petri

Hi Petri, its Firenze Red - Metallic. There's another red in RRS2 colour range but lot darker.

Post #476536 Fri Oct 16 2015 7:04am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

The darker red is Montalcino Red and is quite rare on RRS but seems to be very popular with Defender2 owners. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #476555 Fri Oct 16 2015 10:00am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Petri

Finland 

I have been planning to buy a new Sport. Autobiography looks great but unfortunately in Finland prices are so high that for me HSE Dynamic is realistic. But I have to now rethink the colour Thumbs Up

Petri

Post #476587 Fri Oct 16 2015 3:24pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1