RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Finally gave up and cancelled
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey
Finally gave up and cancelled

I ordered a new Autobiography at the beginning of the year and hoped for a May delivery, but that came and went.

Decided to wait for MY16 and a September 1st delivery, ready for the next trip to France.

No that was not to be and expected it to be ready on my return. Had an email while on holiday to say that it was being held at the factory and that was too much for me!!

I cancelled the car and just feel that for £80k that it should be perfect, no sloshing fuel tanks, ABHA that works and the worry of other issues yet to surface. Living a fair distance from the dealer I could not face the possible wasted days and trips I would have to endure during it's ownership.

Maybe I may come back in the future but for the time being I have ordered a BMW 530d Touring with features that LR owners can only dream about. Whistle ( and a fraction of the price!! ) Thumbs Up 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #475848 Fri Oct 09 2015 4:22pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Good luck with the BMW Thumbs Up My MY16 has been to the dealer once already for fuel slap fix and will have to go in again for AHBA ( whenever LR have a fix Rolling Eyes ). I don't live a million miles from the dealer but it is still a hassle that I could do without. Life is too hectic these days even without car worries. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #475852 Fri Oct 09 2015 5:05pm
jimbg

Thanks fkarim,

The RRS2 in the end felt like an incremental improvement to me.
I do not really need the 4 x 4 stuff ( like many people probably ) as I am retired and stay at home if the weather is bad and 50% of my mileage is on the continent in the spring summer months anyway.

The electronics on the BMW are light years ahead of the RRS2 and it is also substantially quieter and a much nicer drive.

The long wait in the end gave me time to think about my default choice of car and I am very happy with my change of heart and the £40k I have kept in the bank!! 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2006 HSE

Post #475865 Fri Oct 09 2015 5:51pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

I actually prefer the RRS for that reason: 50% of my mileage is long trips (UK and Europe) and it is one of the best cars to do several hundred miles a day.

I do agree on the incremental improvement point. Overall it is a much better car than the last of RRS1 but it isn't a revolutionary jump (and I didn't expect it to be). Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #475867 Fri Oct 09 2015 6:12pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey
Re: Finally gave up and cancelled

jimbg wrote:
BMW 530d Touring with features that LR owners can only dream about.

Interesting. What features are they? 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #475890 Fri Oct 09 2015 9:26pm
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

I have an X5 and one of the main features I've found is not wondering when gremilins will appear. Oh and no time spent in dealers.

Post #475891 Fri Oct 09 2015 9:43pm
Farmer Chalk

We won't mention the infamous X5 gearbox then..... Very Happy

Post #475897 Fri Oct 09 2015 10:38pm
forest172

United Kingdom 

RRSTDV8 wrote:
jimbg wrote:

Interesting. What features are they?

Just got rid of my f10 m5 and apart the HUD and 560bhp my rrs hse has more features as standard

on the m5 there was no reverse camera, no memory seats, no keyless entry, no rear heated seats, no heated windscreen, no auto boot to name a few Very Happy

Last edited by forest172 on Sat Oct 10 2015 10:09am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #475898 Fri Oct 09 2015 10:48pm
Chrisr1806

England 

I can understand the cost saving but how can a 5 Series be better than an RRS? Shocked

Good luck with it anyway. Arrived: MY16 A/B SDV6 in Aruba, Ivory interior, piano black trim, black panoramic roof, spare wheel, blind spot monitoring, mudlaps and more... Twisted Evil

Gone but not forgotten:
2014 RRS2 SDV6 HSE in Loire Blue
2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black

Post #475900 Fri Oct 09 2015 11:48pm
jimbg

forest172 wrote:
RRSTDV8 wrote:
jimbg wrote:

Interesting. What features are they?

Just got rid of my f10 m5 and apart the HUD and 560bhp my rrs hse has more features as standard

on the m5 there was no reverse camera, no memory seats, no keyless entry, no rear heated seats, no heated windscreen, no auto boot to name a few Very Happy

The F11 Luxury I have ordered comes with HUD, Surround cameras, keyless entry, auto boot, modern sat nav, park assist, Harman Kardon sound, panoramic roof, heated steering wheel, speed limit display, integration with Google maps and text and email integration, apps, etc.

I am very happy with the car I have specced and will probably occasionally miss the RRS experience, good or bad as it may be!! 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2006 HSE

Post #475922 Sat Oct 10 2015 11:58am
Renaco

Germany 

The F11 is a good car, but cant compete with my RRS on long Road Trips.
I have 535d Touring luxury in the Company, and the car has more "wind-Noise" at the Highway, the Engine is louder and really annoying at this Level of premium pricing. Also the seating Position is not as comfy as the A-Pilar is to close to the head.
On top, the the rolling noise is not premium, tried a lot of different tires alredy, nothing helps.

All the amazing infotainment cant Cover those misses for me. I drive every year 50.000 km in Germany, Switzerland, Austria and Italy. so i am a good tester.

I really behind BMW and live in Munich, the BMW City Smile, but the E61 was much better in quality, seating position and road-noise, Im really dissapointed about the actual BMWs and their cost safing construction.

But for a driving Profile less than 20.000 km a year, you maybe wont note the differences and can enjoy the modern Entertainment like the Sharp infotainment screen and the Great i-Drive.

Post #475925 Sat Oct 10 2015 1:25pm
jimbg

Thanks for the encouragement!! Rolling with laughter

At least their forums are not full of problems with brand new cars!! Thumbs Up

If it does not work out then are a few new cars due in a year or so that I can try.

Land Rover has lost the plot as far as quality is concerned and seem to lurch from one niggling problem to the next.
Anyway I am moving on for the time being after owning 2 Sports and a total inability for LR to provide a working RRS2 to me. 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2006 HSE

Post #475978 Sat Oct 10 2015 9:23pm
Andyowen

United Kingdom 

I've just sold my f11 to buy a RRS. I've had BMW's since being and the F11 was a nightmare. Vibration issues from day one which BMW never sorted. Had two f11 hire cars and they both suffered the same problem. Add to that the fact that after only a few thousand miles on a new set of tyres, the tyre noise sounds like a wheel bearing going. Finished with BMW .

Post #475979 Sat Oct 10 2015 9:25pm
jimbg

I have actually driven a RRS2 on several occasions including a half day on the off road experience, and its a definite improvement on the RRS1.

The current car being delivered comes complete with problems as listed on other threads.
I would not take delivery of a car with problems and I cancelled the car when it was actually built and being held for a fix at LR.
Anyway I believe your car has not been trouble free> Whistle

I have no more to say on the subject and am off now..... Big Cry 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2006 HSE

Post #475981 Sat Oct 10 2015 9:53pm
Dave777

United Kingdom 

I have an F10 and had an E60 before. They are both great cars. I have just got the RRS2 and can understand all the arguments.

IMHO they are in two different markets. BMW like to think they are up with LR but I wouldn't spend that much on a BMW. Maybe second hand when the price has dropped form £80K to £50k in about a year!

The RRS feels special when I am in it and the same when I look at it and when I see another one.

I appreciate my BMW hugely and I really like it and I will probably buy another one but the RRS fulfils a different role. And my wife likes posing in it too! Thumbs Up MY16 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Aleutian silver, stealth pack and toys.

Post #475982 Sat Oct 10 2015 9:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>