RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Hands Free Tailgate
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Autobiography

Hands Free Tailgate

Anybody else struggling with this? I've managed to get it to work once out of about 15 attempts. Dealer also couldn't get to work on handover!

Post #475838 Fri Oct 09 2015 2:26pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

It isn't just RRS owners having problems, Evoque and DiscoSport owners struggle to get it to work as well, also I know a lot of Ford owners who have it and they cannot get it to work every time.................. doubtless Audi, Mercedes and BMW owners have no problems at all with it and it works 100% of the time. Wink 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #475840 Fri Oct 09 2015 2:32pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Autobiography

I had it on a Mercedes and worked flawlessly.

Shame the rest of the car was so s**t and was rejected at 3 months old.

Post #475842 Fri Oct 09 2015 3:18pm
Bobajobbob

United Kingdom 

Very unreliable for me. Feel like a bit of a prat waving my foot around with nothing happening.

Post #475843 Fri Oct 09 2015 3:23pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

I can get it to work most of the time but not 100%. It requires you to raise your foot under the bumper corner as if kicking it (need to get quite close, even touching is fine) and then lower the foot to complete the action for the sensor to recognise it. No need to wave - just up and down. Not perfect but works for me. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Last edited by fkarim on Fri Oct 09 2015 6:57pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #475844 Fri Oct 09 2015 3:36pm
BoldlyGo

United Kingdom 

Similar experience.. temperamental and a little 'i'm practicing ballet' embarrassing. Car seems to know when I'm showing off the feature and duly doesn't work!

Doesn't stop me loving the beast but maybe the car is 'learning' my style.. but i might try kicking it next Wink P400e HSE Portofino Blue and Ivory Seats.. it's like a yacht!!
Lexus traded in ..a total piece of crap
Boldly now acquired - a Lexus RX 450hL
BoldlyGone...Sep 15 MY16 RRS SDV6, HSE, Barolo Black, Espresso/Almond interior.. Best car ever & Drop dead gorgeous... sadly with fuel dilution headaches that became intolerable
Arrived 2014. Oct - Lemoned March 2015- RRS SDV6 HSE
Boldly Gone = Sold for 14k via Pistonheads - 2006 TDV6 SE Buck Blue/Almond int

Post #475845 Fri Oct 09 2015 3:42pm
Dave777

United Kingdom 

I keep kicking the mudflaps so not sure if I am kicking the right bit? Works 25% of the time. And you can close it too the same way! MY16 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Aleutian silver, stealth pack and toys.

Post #475847 Fri Oct 09 2015 4:21pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

A little bit behind the mudflaps Thumbs Up It didn't respond to my gesture until I started paying attention and learnt to control my "kick" - slowly and steadily raise the foot and bring it down the same way. It should be more tolerant than this though. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone

Post #475853 Fri Oct 09 2015 5:10pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Laughing you all must look so silly dancing around waving your foot trying to open a boot Laughing

Actually I'm just jealous as I have an MY15 so don't have this feature Sad

Shame you guys are finding it hard to function as I think it's a pretty useful feature!

Post #475860 Fri Oct 09 2015 5:36pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

fkarim wrote:
It requires you to raise your foot under the bonnet corner as if kicking it (need to get quite close, even touching is fine)
Ummm I think I know where you might be going wrong FK! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #475869 Fri Oct 09 2015 6:41pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Sorry Embarassed corrected to bumper corner! I actually get it right most of the time which won't be the case if I was kicking the bonnet Laughing Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #475870 Fri Oct 09 2015 6:58pm
Screenwipe

United Kingdom 

On right hand side,raise your foot just to the right of the exhaust pipe. While raised, swipe your foot to the right and then lower. Obviously a mirror image for the left.

That's what my dealer showed me and told me and I've found it works flawlessly. Through use I naturally have found exactly where to raise my foot and how far to swipe so it has become less theatrical but you need to be a bit exaggerated while you get acquainted.

On the third day of owning I had to pick up some tiles. I hadn't even considered it but as I returned to the car it dawned on me I was actually going to use it for exactly the purpose it was designed for. It worked perfectly. There were a few gentlemen in the topps tiles car park thinking what a tool I was but I didn't mind.

Post #475903 Sat Oct 10 2015 6:37am
Bobajobbob

United Kingdom 

Quote:
On right hand side,raise your foot just to the right of the exhaust pipe. While raised, swipe your foot to the right and then lower. Obviously a mirror image for the left.

This works every time thanks. Shame my dealer wasn't so helpful. [/quote]

Post #476006 Sun Oct 11 2015 10:31am
Fletcher

England 

I got mine to work today but it was more ,angled slightly front to back rather than left to right .

Post #476079 Sun Oct 11 2015 9:23pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Screenwipe wrote:

That doesn't work for me. The way I described above works almost always. May be it learnt that I wasn't going to learn it so it learnt me instead Laughing Either that or it depends on which way the sensor is rotated ... don't know if that's even possible or relevant though. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #476082 Sun Oct 11 2015 9:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1