RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Tesla Model X Launched
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

RRSman

United Kingdom 
Tesla Model X Launched

Hmm quite an ugly looking thing IMHO. Looks more like an MPV than an SUV too. But that Ludicrous mode sounds insane. The rear doors open upwards (falcon doors) so that you can get out in tight spaces but the front doors seem huge and are normal - whoever passed that design needs to be shot Laughing

Short first look here:

Anyone here getting one?

Post #474978 Thu Oct 01 2015 8:47pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I can see the rear doors being a problem in UK multistorey carparks with their low ceilings. Last year I put my name down for a test drive when they come to the UK but boiught an RRS instead because of doubts about the electric range in cold weather that nobody in the sales unit at Westfield could enlighten me about........... also all the road tests that I have read say that the range is nowhere near what is claimed when you are travelling at UK motorway speeds which would mean a few stops for "refuelling" on a trip south for me whereas in the RRS I can do the run from Stirling to West London or Southampton on3/4 tank of diesel. Alos have you seen the UK prices of Teslas? They are not cheap even after the subsidy given by the government for buying an electric car. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #474996 Thu Oct 01 2015 10:13pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JasSmiths

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Theres no denying what they've achieved compared to other electric vehicles out there is brilliant, the speed, range & quick charge times are really impressive and from what I've heard the infotainment system is great.

But, and its a big but, my god they're ugly lol

Post #475005 Fri Oct 02 2015 12:52am
alexv

United Kingdom 

Boy is that one ugly lump!

I'm not a big fan of their interior either, that I pad to me looks like a cheap way to fill the interior.

I agree about the doors being a nightmare in almost every NCP in the land too. On order expected October 16 macan turbo
Current car MY15 Hse Dynamic
Cayenne v6 MY64
RRS MY13 Black edition
Discovery MY61 xs
RRS TDV6 MY07
XC90 Executive
Yada yada yada

Post #475010 Fri Oct 02 2015 8:18am
TheWojtek

Poland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

We have preordered two Model X's company cars. I drive a Model S 85P every day and couldn't be more happy when Model X was announced. Regards etc.,

Wojtek

---
WAS: 2006 RRS Supercharged
IS: 2010 RRS TDV8 HSE

Post #475011 Fri Oct 02 2015 8:34am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

One thing that I have found a little surprising is that not one of the budget hotels just off the motorway that I have used regualrly has any provision for recharging an electric vehicle, not a single recharge point on a Premier Inn, Travelodge or Holiday Inn Express site. That would increase my confidence in range if there was some other way to do an overnight recharge than to have to carry a very long electric cable to run to your hotel room sockets! Surely that is a missed business oportunity for the big hotel chains as well as the likes of Tesla. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #475014 Fri Oct 02 2015 8:55am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
gwdalba

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I was down in Surrey last month and a mate was testdriving the Model S 85P. I also had a 20 min test drive and the "insane" mode was absolutely amazing! I have never experienced instant power like it. Impressive for an all electric car. Didn't like the body styling or the interior though. RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE 2012 Santorini Black
Porsche Boxster S 3.2 2005 GT Silver / Cocoa

Post #475062 Fri Oct 02 2015 4:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1