Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Battery swap
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Lost for Words

United Kingdom 

From my post:

Lost for Words wrote:
In practice, I imagine it doesn't cause issues to not reset it, but it's possible that it might mean the battery doesn't get used to it's full potential - would probably be down to the state fo charge of each battery at the time of the swap. Perhaps it would be a good measure to fully charge both batteries if they are to be swapped without a reset?

I don't know if any other issues are likely to result, or how much experience there is of the matter yet, given many of the relevant cars are not that old yet. No doubt someone will know more though. Thumbs Up Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK
2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto HSE Zambezi Silver

Post #474948 Thu Oct 01 2015 4:43pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

Timf wrote:
Thanks all, and like Dr Rob, can anyone tell us what happens if BMS isn't reset on the new car? Question

Nothing, well it didn't make a blind bit of difference on mine and the battery was fitted 9 months ago, even a local indi. who's been around for years when I asked him if he could do said there is no need.

Cheers
Col

Post #474954 Thu Oct 01 2015 5:31pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

Further to my post above about the BMS system whereas it made no difference to the car starting or any issues I did get the Low Power Warning and System Will Shut Down in 3mins. if engine not started or whatever it say's. this did come up quite regular when I started the car.

However as I have a Gap Diag. tool out of curiosity though I would reset it, so fully charged the battery and reset the BMS over a week ago now have tried leaving the car unlocked and keep waking it up etc. but have not had the warning come up once since so have come to the conclusion that it does make a difference, but to what end exactly not really sure as I say had no issues with the car starting before.

Cheers
Col

Post #477534 Fri Oct 23 2015 12:02pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12