Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Park Assist
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

JasSmiths

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black
Park Assist

Hi All,

Placed my order yesterday for a Corris Grey Autobiography Sport 16MY, but already just over 24hrs after ordering it I'm becoming subject to spec bump Laughing for the people that have it, how have you found Park Assist? Is it a gimmick you don't really use or is it actually helpful?

Thanks!
P.s is it November yet? (Delivery date)

Post #473033 Sun Sep 13 2015 7:50pm
bluestone

United Kingdom 

I had the same dilemma but decided it was to slow to use and a gimmick, although I think it would be impressive to demonstrate.

I chose the surround cameras which I think would be a lot more practical as a parking aid.

Post #473037 Sun Sep 13 2015 8:01pm
Farmer Chalk

Got it on mine ....in six months I've never ever used it! Very Happy

Post #473055 Sun Sep 13 2015 9:11pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

We have park assist on a Q3 we own tried it once and its useless. I trust myself to park a car more than i trust the car to park itself.

Post #473061 Sun Sep 13 2015 9:32pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I have had it on my last two cars and never used it once, the only bit of it I really liked was the reversing approaching vehicle warning system, the rest of it is a tyre wearing waste of time............... it's easier to parking it yourself. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #473062 Sun Sep 13 2015 9:33pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JasSmiths

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Thanks for that! Thumbs Up Id assumed it would be 'very clever' that it can technically do it but real world id never use it!

Bluestone - I went for the surround cameras on mine as well, should be great for towing in tight spaces as I can obviously see in my blind spots when manoeuvring!

Post #473072 Sun Sep 13 2015 9:52pm

United Kingdom 

Have it on the Evoque, tried it once, car seemed to be trying to park itself too quickly, cancelled and never tried again. Basically, if you can't park it you should not be driving it. 2018 MY19 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, Ebony/Ivory, Sliding pano, Adaptive cruise, Black wheels. Arrived 3rd September 2018
2015 MY16 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, ebony/cirrus, sliding pano, cameras, black wheels - Arrived 1 October 2015

Post #473084 Sun Sep 13 2015 10:23pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Autobiography

I ordered on mine and have used a fair bit on my L405. Best feature is Park Exit which gets you out of spaces when people have parked ridiculously close.

Post #473100 Mon Sep 14 2015 6:39am
Bobajobbob

United Kingdom 

I specced it mostly as a gimmic but it actually works really well for parallel parking. The kids think it is amazing.

Post #473125 Mon Sep 14 2015 11:14am
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

I posted this on the InControl thread, but of interest here too - http://fortune.com/2015/08/25/apple-carplay-android-report/

39% of consumers don't want automated parking. 82% want park assist. Rolling Eyes

"The five features most commonly reported as “never use” are in-vehicle concierge (43%); mobile routers (38%); automatic parking systems (35%); head-up display (33%); and built-in apps (32%).". 

Post #473130 Mon Sep 14 2015 11:58am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Interesting article - possibly if car manufacturers priced these things realistically for what they cost rather for as much as they can fleece the car buyer for, uptake might be better. I can see the value of parking assistants if you park on the street all the time and spaces are tight, but I don't see the value for perpendicular parking in the likes of multistorey carparks or most carparks for that matter an app that can find an empty slot in a car park would be really useful though!. I think a lot of peoiple see these things as technology for technology's sake. If makers could make things like trip computers more accurate rather than an educated guess people might have more interest.
In the last 2 years and the previous 2 Evoques the most valuable systems that I had were the Road Sign Recognition and the heated steering wheel. It would also help if there was some value to 95% of the clever techy options when it comes to selling the car, as it is they count for very little or even nothing. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #473133 Mon Sep 14 2015 12:21pm
JOCK55

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

bluestone wrote:
I had the same dilemma but decided it was to slow to use and a gimmick, although I think it would be impressive to demonstrate.

I chose the surround cameras which I think would be a lot more practical as a parking aid.

I have the surround cameras on my vehicle and find them pretty useless. The resolution on the cameras/screen is so poor (especially if it is raining which it does most of the time in the North of Scotland) that the picture is meaningless. Just a gimmick!

Old Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #473151 Mon Sep 14 2015 2:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1