RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Changes to the front and back
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Nowaytk

England 
Changes to the front and back

Contemplating changing the look of the front and back, already purchased the black tow eye covers but undecided on weather to go with the black or keep it silver. Any thoughts ? Also was thinking of getting the immediate area around these changed to match the rest of the silver bits ( the bull bar type areas ) was advised not to go down the wrap route as they will over time start to lift on the edges, and I don't want to commit to spray just in case I don't like the look, so is there anyone proficient in something like photoshop that can do a mock up for me to give me an idea?
Hopefully below will be some before and after shots with the different tow eye covers, any opinions welcome

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  2015 HSE SDV6 Scotia Grey, ebony / lunar, colour coded, deployable steps, TV, sliding pano and a few other bits. Now gone
2018 Velar R-Dynamic HSE sdv6 silicon silver

Post #472375 Tue Sep 08 2015 8:34am
Renaco

Germany 

sorry, I cant help here with fotoshop.

For your beautiful body-color, I would change the covers to the body tone, especially on the rear bumber.
As in my eyes, the tow eye-cover on the back stands in contrast always abit like a small "pantyliner" and makes the rear-end small and high looking, instead of wide and low when it is without a contrast cover.

Sorry, here it is to dark, but I changed to the cleaner open cover (tow pack) and coded it, looks more homogenous now.
Think it looks much more impressive on your car with a totally coded rear in a lighter tone... Wink

Post #472381 Tue Sep 08 2015 9:31am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Noway, I think if you do the undertray black then you will have to gloss black all the other bit of tailgate trim too otherwise you end up with too many colours. Looks good as it left the factory. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #472383 Tue Sep 08 2015 9:37am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Fletcher

England 

For the model of your car , hse I would leave it as it is the silver blends with the other silver parts on the grill ,vents and fog light surrounds .
There was a picture on another thread that had all the bumpers painted and it didn't go down to well if I remember rightly , I think it might have been something to do with hawk styling .
Search for hawke styling range rover , gallery , range rover sport , second pic .

Post #472384 Tue Sep 08 2015 10:06am
Nowaytk

England 

Thanks for the comments guys, I do actually prefer the silver on the front but trying to come up with ideas for the "pantyliner" Rolling with laughter on that rear end. Did a quick search on the hawk styling but didn't come up with anything, would you be able to post a link fletcher ? think you're right Tim about the tailgate trim, plus prefer the silver "metal" look rather than the black plastic, just trying to visualise different rears to try and fatten it up ( not them ones Rolling with laughter ) 2015 HSE SDV6 Scotia Grey, ebony / lunar, colour coded, deployable steps, TV, sliding pano and a few other bits. Now gone

Post #472488 Tue Sep 08 2015 10:14pm
JasM

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

IMO I would just respray it in the same colour as the rest of the bumper, so it looks like one piece. 2014 L405 SDV8 RR Autobiography Cool

2012 RRS SDV6 HSE -Orkney Grey with A/B bodykit - Now Gone Sad
2007 RRS TDV6 HSE - Zermatt Silver - Gone

Post #472502 Tue Sep 08 2015 11:23pm
Fletcher

England 

http://www.hawkestyling.com/2013/images/014-sport-hermes.jpg

Post #472517 Wed Sep 09 2015 8:25am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Have you thought about fitting the polished stainless bash plates at the front and rear? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #472520 Wed Sep 09 2015 8:34am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Hugh Haddow

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

That's one hell of an aerial you've got on your wing there Nowaytk.
Maybe paint it silver to blend it in a bit.
Kiddin obviously, good looking car. Laughing

Post #472865 Sat Sep 12 2015 1:44pm
Nowaytk

England 

Had to try and improve the DAB somehow Rolling with laughter 2015 HSE SDV6 Scotia Grey, ebony / lunar, colour coded, deployable steps, TV, sliding pano and a few other bits. Now gone

Post #472891 Sat Sep 12 2015 5:49pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1