RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > RRS facelift already??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Guys, I sorry but there is nothing wrong with the styling whatsoever, what matters is how aggressive the front looks in the rearview mirror of the repmobile BMW 3 series that looks like an M3 but has a 1.8 TD motor in it in front and I'm sure that they aren't worried about what the backside looks like once it has overtaken them. I certainly do not spend my time wondering to myself if I made the right decision buying the car because the rear haunches might look a bit weak............... the short overhang and rounded features are there for a reason and it's a reason that I bet 97% or more of you will never be bothered by as it is important for the car to do what it was designed to do - perform well off road as well as on road and the rear departure angle is very important to some of us.
If you want to improve the rear view a bit then I would suggest that you invest in the rear polished stainless steel skid plate
 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #471079 Tue Aug 25 2015 3:55pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Farmer Chalk

Maybe you lot are just too old and discerning for an RRS..... Maybe you need FFRR's ......lol!

Us youngsters are young trendy and hip doody and love the new modern look! It's fresh, modern and the way those rims fill the arches is pure sex! Very Happy

Post #471081 Tue Aug 25 2015 4:03pm
Mr Singh

Lets all be honest, is there really another SUV on the market that looks better than a RRS2? I can't think of one!

Offerings from Audi, BMW, Mercedes all fall short of the mark. Porsche Macan I considered, but its too small...Cayenne I wasn't too keen on over the RRS2. Even the upcoming Bentley Bentayga doesn't looking very nice IMO.

With the RRS2 I think right choice of colour makes all the difference. The only people who are not liking it seem to be the ones who haven't got one, so go figure.

Regarding the facelift, I read on another forum, LR could be using the RRS2 shell to disguise the new Discovery thats being tested, hence the high grill. Apparently LR have been know to use such a test mule in the past. Discovery replacement is due for MY17 apparently...please see link below for more info...

http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/43-range-...-soon.html

Post #471083 Tue Aug 25 2015 4:19pm
JasM

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I never really liked the RRS 2 when it first came out however it has since grown on me, and it looks pretty good.

I still think the L405 FFRR lis better looking hence why I bought one. Whistle 2014 L405 SDV8 RR Autobiography Cool

2012 RRS SDV6 HSE -Orkney Grey with A/B bodykit - Now Gone Sad
2007 RRS TDV6 HSE - Zermatt Silver - Gone

Last edited by JasM on Tue Aug 25 2015 6:46pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #471084 Tue Aug 25 2015 4:39pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Mr Singh wrote:
The only people who are not liking it seem to be the ones who haven't got one, so go figure.

I have reservations about the rear end and I am getting one Rolling Eyes

I didn't like it much when it first came out but later realised it was one of the cars where colour choice made a big difference. I still don't like the launch colour. When I wanted to change my 2009 RRS, I went for the last of RRS1 even though RRS2 was already on the road. I believe 2012/2013 RRS is still a great car and excellent value for money compared to RRS2.

RRS2 has grown on me since then but still not 100% in agreement with the rear end. Decided to go for it this time because when I looked for a replacement, I found it offering the best overall package (IMHO). That coupled with the fact that the Mrs. kept finding reasons (minor ones on many occasions) to dislike every other car we considered/tested when I tried to downsize Rolling Eyes

As great as the L405 FFRR looks (definitely better than L494, again in my subjective opinion) and feels Bow down I prefer the more dynamic nature of L320 which has improved further in L494. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #471086 Tue Aug 25 2015 5:20pm
Triumph_Dave

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Fkarim, 100% agree, even had the same comments from SWMBO. The one huge positive with the new design RRS is the way it drives on road. I will also have to see how the new one handles Exmoor ... my cars go offroad routinely.. and big time offroad not just into a dry field...
T-Dave

Post #471088 Tue Aug 25 2015 6:21pm
garrycol

Australia 

Mr Singh wrote:
The only people who are not liking it seem to be the ones who haven't got one, so go figure.

Thats because they were smart enough to no go with the herd and buy something they do not like. 07MY RRS TDV6
Arctic Frost
Aspen Interior

Post #471106 Wed Aug 26 2015 2:01am
BKHK

Australia 

Looks are always subjective.

Personally, I don't like the back, regardless of its purpose, that's one reason why I don't drive one at the moment.

I do, however really like the back of the SVR, it looks fuller but here, an SVR is well north of $200k, out of the question on a car.

It isn't just me, there are 3 RRS owners in my office of varying ages. None of them will be buying the new model because they think that the back looks like it has a nappy on it. No problem for JLR, they can keep selling all they make so what we think makes no difference.

But if you like it, that's great, its important to like the look of what you drive.

Post #471107 Wed Aug 26 2015 7:03am
Bobajobbob

United Kingdom 

For what its worth I hated the look of the old Sport and love the look of the new one, rear and all.

Post #471244 Thu Aug 27 2015 10:19pm
rangiejools

Australia 

Here here! SDV8 arrived and fantastic even the infotainment!
1983 2 door Range Rover ARB Bar X9000 winch ARB Rear Bar now semi retired.
Many big trips done in this one.
1982 Rangerover nearly restored.
22 Defender D250 with lots of stuff for outback touring
Nice 2013 Freelander TD4 manual (for daughter to learn on) with much better stereo compared with previous SD4 SE with Meridian which sounded bad!
2013 Land Rover Defender ute.

Post #471247 Thu Aug 27 2015 10:46pm
URX

Scotland 

A car of that price has to be good.....not just good enough.
Im happy and glad people that own em like em..... Sheep i just cant ...... Whistle been back and forth to the stealers several times but each time that floppy saggy arse has killed any 'want' factor.
Its an expensive luxury for me so if it doesnt look great its already failing in its role before it even turms awheel...
Gutted
My old model is great Bow down and ive no doubt the new one is a great step up (including price for spec Rolling with laughter ) but that back end just kills any desire to own. FFR looks fine there but its a much 'older mans car' which im not quite ready to move to yet.

Post #471248 Thu Aug 27 2015 11:35pm
Farmer Chalk

Well you're all wrong! Lol!
The only RRS1 that looked any good was this one

Post #471256 Fri Aug 28 2015 8:37am
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 

Only bit I don't like about the RRS2 is the silly silver arsepiece that's becoming common on many cars now. Otherwise, as a sport, I think it's one of LR's best designs. Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK
2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto HSE Zambezi Silver

Post #471260 Fri Aug 28 2015 8:55am
Bobajobbob

United Kingdom 

URX wrote:
A car of that price has to be good.....not just good enough.
Im happy and glad people that own em like em..... Sheep i just cant ...... Whistle been back and forth to the stealers several times but each time that floppy saggy arse has killed any 'want' factor.
Its an expensive luxury for me so if it doesnt look great its already failing in its role before it even turms awheel...
Gutted
My old model is great Bow down and ive no doubt the new one is a great step up (including price for spec Rolling with laughter ) but that back end just kills any desire to own. FFR looks fine there but its a much 'older mans car' which im not quite ready to move to yet.

It's funny how we all have different perceptions of the same cars. I could never buy the old sport because I knew that under the skin it was built on the disco chasis and thus wasn't a real RR. My choice then was to decide whether I wanted a FFRR or no RR at all and for the old models that meant I bought a BMW.

When the new one came out built on the same chasis as the FFRR with a massive weight loss and the looks to match it was a no brainer.

Post #471264 Fri Aug 28 2015 10:05am
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 

Whether the chassis is shared with the FFRR is utterly meaningless - the weight saving is important, yes. The fact the RRS was built on the D3 platform meant that it was a better car than the FFRR when it was introduced. Wink Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK
2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto HSE Zambezi Silver

Post #471269 Fri Aug 28 2015 12:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>