RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > What next????
What Next?
Sell the Def 90 and the Sport and buy a TDv8 and give up offroading?
22%
 22%  [6]
Sell the RRS & Def and replace them with a D3 with all the offroad toys fitted?
29%
 29%  [8]
Sell both the Def and RRS & replace them with the Defender coming in the Spring
3%
 3%  [1]
Sell the RRS and replace it with an F2, keep the Defender
0%
 0%  [0]
Dire Straits
7%
 7%  [2]
Earn more money!
25%
 25%  [7]
Sell up and have gender reassignment
11%
 11%  [3]
Total Votes: 27

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>

shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Why not, you're used to bossing people around on board boats!! Very Happy 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #63427 Mon Oct 23 2006 3:05pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

There are only 2 of you who can be fiddling with that poll ............ and every time I look at the results there is another question added! Somebody must have too much free time at work is all I can say. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #63460 Mon Oct 23 2006 5:07pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MDP

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
There are only 2 of you who can be fiddling with that poll ............ and every time I look at the results there is another question added! Somebody must have too much free time at work is all I can say.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #63461 Mon Oct 23 2006 5:10pm
Havank

Just do what my neighbour did

He had a d2, sold that and got an Touareq, plus a 6 year old defender

then modded the defender for about 1000 (new mud tyres, plus snorkel, etc etc ) and do the offroading in that

total cost is less and you do not need to be scared for damage to the defender

ok so here it is not to buy the Touareqn but the tdv8 RRS Laughing Laughing

Post #63462 Mon Oct 23 2006 5:14pm
Tim in Scotland

No need to buy the yacht, already have the choice of 3x 40footers I can sail whenever I want but don't had the burden of the running costs! Always fancied going on a cruise......................... but having sailed in ship's with passengers I don't think I would enjoy it somehow: also all that worrying about if they were doing things properly up on the bridge while I was trying to enjoy myself.
I could probably live with a 90 as a daily driver, so long as I never needed to go into town and park in a multistorey or drive any long distances. Have driven my Def longish distance and it isn't the most comfortable way to travel, but you won't get done for speeding on the motorway as it best to cruise at 55-60 in them. Maybe the new one coming out in March will be a bit more civilized but then that would spoil it! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #63463 Mon Oct 23 2006 5:19pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

And then somebody over on the dark side goes and posts this......http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic6783.html Looks good in white with privacy glass. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #63465 Mon Oct 23 2006 5:41pm
Andy

United Kingdom 

I voted for 'Sell the RRS & Def and replace them with a D3 with all the offroad toys fitted?' 2002 Discovery Adventurer LE
1998 Freelander xedi
Ertl limited edition RRS model number 817

Post #63470 Mon Oct 23 2006 6:07pm
Cliff H

United Kingdom 

According to the white D3 thread it looks like you have made your mind up Tim Very Happy
Your hardest bit will probably be finding one in white, I have not seen one in this country.
Have you driven one off road yet, might be worth getting one of LR taster sesions if not.
I know it won't be much different to your RRS but might be worth it.
I am sure you will not be dissapointed. Razz

Post #63474 Mon Oct 23 2006 8:20pm
Tim in Scotland

Cliff I have driven the D3 offroad and I took my RRS along to the D3.co.uk Scottish offroad meet at Dunkeld and that was were I found the RRS doesn't have the ground clearance or wading depth of the D3. Even on extended mode I dragged the RRS underside airfoils on the ground when the D3's were not when they were at normal offroad height. I will try the new Defender coming in March before I decide which way to go............. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #63477 Mon Oct 23 2006 9:36pm
Cliff H

United Kingdom 

Have you seen this Tim ?
http://www.autoblog.com/2006/08/22/2007-la...r-unveiled

Post #63478 Mon Oct 23 2006 10:05pm
MudAllOverIt

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
I will try the new Defender coming in March before I decide which way to go...

I'll be interested to hear what you think -- suspect it might surprise you a bit seeing as it'll be a two-generation (and then some I reckon) jump from the 300Tdi.

If you haven't already seen them LRO ran articles on the new Defender in the Oct edition and the new engine in this month's edition -- I've finished with them so you're welcome to the mags if they're of interest. Bill

1997 300Tdi Defender 90 "Big Red" Off-Road Beast
1978 TR6-engined Triumph Spitfire "What the **** was that..."
ex V6 Freelander owner looking for another shiny LR

Post #63479 Mon Oct 23 2006 10:18pm
Lateral5

Australia 

Why buy a RRS if you don't want to take it off road......that's where it does its best stuff! RRS TDV6 Bluetooth, VR, Roof

Post #63488 Tue Oct 24 2006 3:50am
Andy

United Kingdom 

It isn't as good as a D3 though Wink 2002 Discovery Adventurer LE
1998 Freelander xedi
Ertl limited edition RRS model number 817

Post #63495 Tue Oct 24 2006 8:42am
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

sell the Def and upgrade the RRS TDV6 Shocked Question 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #63499 Tue Oct 24 2006 9:03am
Tim in Scotland

I don't think most of you folks appreciate the sort of offroading that Mudalloverit and I do in our 90's.... it would wreck an RRS in no time at all, we are not talking "greenlaning" here we are talking driving where there are no disernable roads, hidden deep ditches, inside old quarries driving through gorse bushes and brambles (both eat Land Rover paintwork for breakfast!) and under overhanging trees.
My Def was 6 years old when I bought it and it is now 10 years old and while it does have battle scars there is no way the RRS's body would take the hammering that the 90's has had - the RRS's doors would be totally wrecked after just an afternoon of what I do in the Def, purely because they close so low down on the body and over the sills. The LR side steps would give no protection
whatsoever. my 90's side steps bear witness to the hammering that it takes and act as my sill guards and early warning of gaps being too narrow or rocks too high as they scrape!
I think that in a few years (just like the Classic Rangy) RRS will find it's place with offroaders but even I am not so stupid to do to a still fairly new RRS what I do to the 90. Maybe when the RRS is 10 years old but not when it is less than 2 years old! I wouldn't have so many reservations with a 2nd hand D3 or even a new Defender, but not in a nearly new luxury offroader - that's for wealthier folks than me! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #63503 Tue Oct 24 2006 9:32am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>