61%
 61%  [13]
Total Votes: 21

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

bluestone

United Kingdom 
Yulong White

I have ordered a MY16 HSE and am finalising specs at the moment. I visited a local dealer to decide between Yulong White and Fuji White.

The Yulong White RRS AB Looked fantastic in the showroom, compared to the dull Fuji Evoque next to it, and I thought my decision has been made. However shortly after, I spoke to one the sales advisors about Yulongo who said the response to the colour had been very poor as in anything other than bright sunlight, it looks more grey than white.

Unfortunately I was unable to see the car in any light other than the showroom lighting, and no other deaelrs nearby have a Yulongo car which can be viewed outside.

I know its down to personal taste, but I really cannot decide between the two. As a RR virgin, any shiny new RRS sat in the showroom looks amazing to me regardless of colour.

Attached are pics of the Yulonge RRS in the showroom.

Post #470211 Wed Aug 12 2015 9:47pm

United Kingdom 

Have seen both RRS in Yulong white and a Disco sport and in daylight they both looked grey and dirty, not a fan of white cars but if I had to chose it would be Fuji.

Post #470222 Wed Aug 12 2015 10:45pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PetesRRS

Australia 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Fuji White

Only had my car around a month now and it is Yulong White. At the time of ordering 6 months ago and wanting to get away from Grey and silver cars I choose Yulong White sight unseen as it was a new colour. When I picked the RRS I was very happy with my choice.
Cheers Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #470232 Thu Aug 13 2015 8:19am
Mr Singh

Should have been a third option in the poll to vote for NEITHER.

Personally I hate the white colour on such a big vehicle, looks horrible. White looks good in hot countries, looks rubbish in the UK as the weathers normally gloomy and dull.

Post #470250 Thu Aug 13 2015 12:02pm
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Exactly why I did not vote! Rolling with laughter 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #470252 Thu Aug 13 2015 12:05pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

I've gone with Fuji

I hadn't seen the yulong White on the Range Rover but did see it on a jag estate and it does look silver depending on the angle you look at it

From my view it looks white if you look at a angle at the car but silver if you look at it straight on but that I guess is slight dependant

I think if your going white it should be a solid white no matter how you look at the car as a big car like the rrs in silver doesn't look special

Not that my view or anyone else's should matter to you Smile

Fuji white with black roof and tinted windows for me on the ab

Post #470256 Thu Aug 13 2015 12:51pm
Rainbow

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Fuji White

When I was trying to decide on the colour for mine, I wasn't able to see Yulong in the flesh on a vehicle. I still haven't. I had to settle with comparing the paint plaques in the showroom. Side by side, the Yulong looked more like silver to me. I went with Fuji. It's all personal taste at the end of the day but to me, in HSE trim with privacy glass, the Fuji looks the business.

Post #470260 Thu Aug 13 2015 1:22pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Mr Singh wrote:
Should have been a third option in the poll to vote for NEITHER.

Personally I hate the white colour on such a big vehicle, looks horrible. White looks good in hot countries, looks rubbish in the UK as the weathers normally gloomy and dull.

you serious Mr Singh Wink IMHO white with black contrasts is the best it can get Very Happy

Post #470273 Thu Aug 13 2015 2:57pm
Bobajobbob

United Kingdom 

Each to their own but I'm also not a fan of white cars. It makes sense for practical reasons in hot countries but is a bit shouty for me in the UK and can ruin the lines of good looking cars. There is a single exception in the event that you happen to actually be Don Johnson.

Post #470286 Thu Aug 13 2015 5:23pm
Rainbow

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Fuji White

Fuji White, HSE trim, body colour roof, privacy glass option.

Post #470289 Thu Aug 13 2015 6:27pm
Mr Singh

@RRSMan yeh I'm serious man. Not a fan of white cars at all! Maybe something to do with all the Ambassadors and Maruti's in Panjab (India) always being white 😉

But on a RRS definitely looks wrong.

Post #470294 Thu Aug 13 2015 7:41pm
Hobster

United Kingdom 

Fuji, especially with Stealth pack for me. It's a pure white, where as Yulong is like a smoke colour in comparison.

Click image to enlarge
 MY16 SDV6 AB Dynamic Stealth
Previous: R8 V10, S3, R8 V8, RS6 Saloon, FFRR AB (L322), RS6 Avant, Lancia Integrale Evo 2, Mk2 Golf GTI

Post #470296 Thu Aug 13 2015 7:45pm
Dave777

United Kingdom 

I like them both but like the sparkle in Yulong White. It looks good in the dealership (and all RRS spend a lot of time there anyway! Laughing ) under the lights.

But Fuji on the street looks fab especially with the stealth pack and black roof. There is a FFRR round here in that combo and it turns heads.

Choose what you like! JLR show the stealth pack in the brochure in Yulong I think so they must approve!

But silver is better Very Happy MY16 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Aleutian silver, stealth pack and toys.

Post #470302 Thu Aug 13 2015 8:33pm
Hobster

United Kingdom 

When we both get our cars, should definately get them together for a couple of pics if you are up for it Dave? MY16 SDV6 AB Dynamic Stealth
Previous: R8 V10, S3, R8 V8, RS6 Saloon, FFRR AB (L322), RS6 Avant, Lancia Integrale Evo 2, Mk2 Golf GTI

Post #470307 Thu Aug 13 2015 9:31pm
bluestone

United Kingdom 

Great idea, shame you guys can't do that sooner. I think I will play it safe and go with Fuji. I think the smokey tinge of Yulong is complemented well by the stealth pack.

On a side note, I have just spent the day in my F10 520d M Sport, and the idrive in BMWs are simply fantastic. It really winds me up that despite spending double on a RR, the infotainment system will be substandard. I think the RR system is on par with my 2007 325d which is a real shame.

Post #470311 Thu Aug 13 2015 9:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>