RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > VEHICLE BEING EXCHANGED
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Fletcher

England 

Peanutbob , a good point well put .
We use these forums as a way of problem solving and answering questions that might arise , if we don't have a problem we don't look for a solution . We might just boar the wife and neighbours ( if you have them ) with endless tails of what a fantastic car we own and what a great chap their is in the local dealership .
My sympathies are with anyone with trouble and hope I'm never in that position .
Still looking forward to my new car and I will pop a few pics on here when it arrives .

Post #469210 Sun Aug 02 2015 10:14am

United Kingdom 

Fair point on forums, I had three Freelanders with no forum membership and no problems. Joined the Evoque forum and have experienced two of the most unreliable, worst built cars I have ever owned. Maybe I should quit the forum and cancel the RRS.

Post #469212 Sun Aug 02 2015 10:37am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Maybe it is a case of "what the eye doesn't see the mind doesn't konow about" you read forums and your antennae are on alert for the slightest thing that you might have read about on the forums. What I can say is that I was never a member of any marque forum until I bought my first RRS and I joined here. Prior to that car I had already owned 1 x V8iES Disco1, a TD5 S Auto Disco2, a Freelander 1GS TD4 Auto, a Defender TDi300 (still have it) and a FFRR TD SE................ never had any signficiant problems with any of them. My 1st RRS, 2nd RRS, 2nd FFRR (TDv8) and 1st Evoque never had any significant issues and I was a member here, on the Defender2, FFRR and Evoque Forums. Them I changed the 1st Evoque for the new improved 2014MY car and had my first ever LR product with problems and I seemed to be the first to get those problems!

I blame Martin for starting these fine forums in the first place! Very Happy Car problems are always highly infectious.......... maybe we should all get a life and go out and drive our cars and enjoy them without worrying about problems unless they are really serious. Having been down the problems route those who do have serious issues have my fullest sympathy and I hope that they get their issues solved promptly and to their satisfaction. What is great is that we on these forums at least have Land Rover and some dealerships participating in the forums most makers of expensive cars don't participate in the open on owner's forums so should count ourselves lucky that Pete and his colleagues are on all the forums (including those not owned by Martin) to help us. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #469237 Sun Aug 02 2015 5:29pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
robbo770

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Just got a full refund confirmed of all costs with accessories as well, outstanding result, never buy a car from Peter Vardy dealership again, nightmare! None currently

Gone
rejected RRS autobi Dynamic MY14.5 (Peter Vardy 👎)
D3 XXV full conversion
4.2 SC FFRR
4.4 FFRR
Freelander 1

Post #470909 Sat Aug 22 2015 6:36am
Tim in Scotland

Robbo, just check that that isn't just the trading name. I think you might find that the company is really Arnold Clark trading as Peter Vardy.............. AC Group took over Vardy a while back. AC has never had a good name for after sales support. I bought a Volvo from them once. It was the only time I have crossed an AC showroomk threshold and I haven't been back to one since - that's how well I was treated. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #470917 Sat Aug 22 2015 8:45am
robbo770

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Well I just know no chance of a sale there again with that name on the door!!

None currently

Gone
rejected RRS autobi Dynamic MY14.5 (Peter Vardy 👎)
D3 XXV full conversion
4.2 SC FFRR
4.4 FFRR
Freelander 1

Post #470918 Sat Aug 22 2015 8:49am
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Robbo, just check that that isn't just the trading name. I think you might find that the company is really Arnold Clark trading as Peter Vardy.............. AC Group took over Vardy a while back. AC has never had a good name for after sales support. I bought a Volvo from them once. It was the only time I have crossed an AC showroomk threshold and I haven't been back to one since - that's how well I was treated.

Peter Vardy is the son Reg Vardy, who sold up his motor group (I forget what they were called) to the Pendragon Group, and subsequently became Stratstone

When Reg sold up, he gave a wad of cash to Peter, who bought up a few dealerships in Perth , Fife and Aberdeen, and has grown ever since

Peter Vardy is nothing to do with Arnold Clark

Useless knowledge for today Thumbs Up

Post #470920 Sat Aug 22 2015 9:12am
Tim in Scotland

Thanks for the correction Mikey. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #470923 Sat Aug 22 2015 9:42am
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

I only know this as I worked under Reg Vardy in Perth, and subsequently Stratstone Perth, once the takeover was complete Thumbs Up

Post #470933 Sat Aug 22 2015 12:59pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12