RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > WANT TO BUY AN SVR – CURRENT RRS MUST GO – WHATS IT WORTH???
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

B9BS X

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
WANT TO BUY AN SVR – CURRENT RRS MUST GO – WHATS IT WORTH???

Hi all, having driven the SVR over the last few days has made me realise I need to own my own one Mr. Green

Unfortunately due the cost of buying an SVR some of my toys have to go including my current RRS Big Cry

Before I advertise it on the trader I wanted your opinions on how much would be a fair price to put the ad on for ???

The car is registered November 2005 and is in java black with the ivory colour perforated leather interior including front and rear heated seats, has done just under 80.000 miles but will slowly go up and has full service history, part land rover and independent. Also has mot until July. Private reg will not be included and will go back on it original 55 registered number plate.

Since ive owned the car I have colour coded the A and D pillars, bottom plastic part of the door moulds, rear boot lid and bumpers, side vents and grill surrounds and also the wiper arms so now fully colour coded.
Have all the software updates including blutooth update, satnav on the move, clock on the dash, 3 click flash, gearbox reset, compresser update and suspension electronically lowered, all work carried out by Bodsy – Thanks again Bodsy Thumbs Up

Fitted 22” alloys that still have plenty of rubber on them.

The car has the entertainment pack which includes the factory headrest screens and dvd changer in the boot, also comes with the air con, fridge and satnav.

Recently the car had a squeaky noise at slow speeds so after research on the forum it came down to ARB bushes, I had the car checked out on the ramp and all the other bushes also looked worn out so just before Christmas I had the Front and Rear ARB Bushes changed, both Front and Rear Drop Links Changed and both Front and Rear Upper and Lower Arms including the bushes all changed and believe me not the car drives like a dream, even better than it ever did before Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

The performance on the car is unbelievable for such a big car and drives even better with the performance remap I had done to the car.

The car does have a light scratch on the rear passenger wing. The airbag light is on, thought it was the clock spring so had that changed about a year ago from Bodsy when he was working on the updates on the car but did not go out so since then after more research on this forum I did fiddle around with the plugs under the seat and light did go away for a few months and then came back, tried under the seat again and light went out for a few weeks then came back again, then tried again and got it to stay off for the last 5 months, light still on now as have not had time to look under the seat again, was intending to get this permanently fixed but again due to the lack of time never got round to it. The windscreen does have 2 stone chips which I was going to replace through insurance but again time was the factor!

So what do you think guys, what would be a fair price??? Not in a rush to sell as I wont be putting my order in for my SVR for a few months and also have to decide on all the extra’s I want when I order my new car!

Dont really want to sell and will try and keep, just need a good excuse to justify having 3 4x4's as I also have an X5 LOL Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

More pics below Mr. Green

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

RRS SUPERCHARGED, 22 INCH ALLOYS, JAVA BLACK, FULLY COLOUR CODED
EVERY POSSIBLE SOFTWARE UPDATE INCLUDING - BLUTOOTH UPDATE, SATNAV ON THE MOVE, CLOCK ON DASH, 3 CLICK FLASH, GEARBOX RESET, COMPRESSOR UPDATE AND SUSPENSION LOWERED,
BLACK CODE RE-MAPPED, AUTOBIOGRAPHY'D, NEW EXIDE BATTERY, NEW DENSO ALTERNATOR

Post #483679 Fri Jan 01 2016 9:59am
SPX

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Java Black

About £10-11k.

Post #483701 Fri Jan 01 2016 12:09pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Airbag light on may be because they have a shelf life of IIRC 10 years for the explosive device. Would suggest changing the alloys back to 20" original style or Stormers and deactivating the lowering device, ie try to sell it as close to original spec as you can. IIRC the steering rack on the S/C was never intended to have wheels bigger than 20". The S/C had the Dynmci Response system from day one but even so LR would not honour warranty claims on steering and suspension parts for any larger wheels than 20", having 22's on it may well scare off a lot of folks. It looks a really nice car though 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #483703 Fri Jan 01 2016 12:14pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
362bkr

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

I would agree that those wheels won't help to sell the car . Thumbs Up

Post #483707 Fri Jan 01 2016 12:36pm
B9BS X

Thanks Tim, Any advise how to sort the airbag light problem? Might have to give Bodsy a ring to return the suspension to original height, was only lowered a little to fill the arches better! Might stick the original alloys back on if end I up selling up and sell these alloys separately RRS SUPERCHARGED, 22 INCH ALLOYS, JAVA BLACK, FULLY COLOUR CODED
EVERY POSSIBLE SOFTWARE UPDATE INCLUDING - BLUTOOTH UPDATE, SATNAV ON THE MOVE, CLOCK ON DASH, 3 CLICK FLASH, GEARBOX RESET, COMPRESSOR UPDATE AND SUSPENSION LOWERED,

Post #483708 Fri Jan 01 2016 12:36pm
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 

Check the safety belt pretensioner wire that runs down the side. It often gets stretched and the high resistance triggers the fault. Thumbs Up Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK
2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto HSE Zambezi Silver

Post #483712 Fri Jan 01 2016 12:53pm
B9BS X

Thanks Lost for Words. Are the wires tucked away or under a panel or seat? and is it a wire or harness that can be purchased and replaced for a new one? RRS SUPERCHARGED, 22 INCH ALLOYS, JAVA BLACK, FULLY COLOUR CODED

Post #483713 Fri Jan 01 2016 1:03pm
Bladeboy

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Siberian Silver

Just to add my tuppence worth I think the wheels look ace. Maybe not with body kits etc but on their own they set the car off really well. Good luck- well jealous of the SVR if the pipeline! I would try to rectify the airbag fault though otherwise your just letting people gave an excuse to knock you down.

Post #483730 Fri Jan 01 2016 6:25pm
Bladeboy

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Siberian Silver

The font on the number plate however...

Post #483732 Fri Jan 01 2016 6:33pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

As someone else said, £10-11K.

You would be better keeping it. Just think of the cheap tax

and how expensive those options will be!

Post #483749 Fri Jan 01 2016 9:59pm
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 

B9BS X wrote:
Thanks Lost for Words. Are the wires tucked away or under a panel or seat? and is it a wire or harness that can be purchased and replaced for a new one?

You should be able to see the wires down to the left of the seat. There are various other ones under the seat that may be worth checking too (being very careful, given the nature of said wiring, of course). Not sure on the harness front; the pre-tensioner is wired stright on IIRC. Thumbs Up Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK
2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto HSE Zambezi Silver

Post #483776 Sat Jan 02 2016 11:05am
B9BS X

Thanks Bladeboy. RRS SUPERCHARGED, 22 INCH ALLOYS, JAVA BLACK, FULLY COLOUR CODED

Post #483782 Sat Jan 02 2016 12:44pm
B9BS X

Thanks Andy K, might put it on for 11.5 -12k. and will try and keep it as Ive spent so much on it recently and drives absolutely spot on now, if I dont spec up my new SVR too much but theres so many more options the sales woman keeps showing me tempting me to go all out so may have the let my RRS go Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry RRS SUPERCHARGED, 22 INCH ALLOYS, JAVA BLACK, FULLY COLOUR CODED

Post #483784 Sat Jan 02 2016 1:03pm
codfather

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Santorini Black

As far as I know, there are no discounts to be had on new RRS's, so have you tried to see what a dealer might offer? You might be lucky and get a decent price to "keep" your loyal business Rolling with laughter
It's usually all about the cost to change, but if there is any hidden margin that they won't give you for cash, they might match what you would get privately. I could be wrong though, you could end up being offered £8k and send it straight to auction!

Cheers
Dave MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Gone: a comprehensive list of imprezas and a Merc ML AMG

Post #483852 Sun Jan 03 2016 12:41am
mnk

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Airbag light on may be because they have a shelf life of IIRC 10 years for the explosive device. Would suggest changing the alloys back to 20" original style or Stormers and deactivating the lowering device, ie try to sell it as close to original spec as you can. IIRC the steering rack on the S/C was never intended to have wheels bigger than 20". The S/C had the Dynmci Response system from day one but even so LR would not honour warranty claims on steering and suspension parts for any larger wheels than 20", having 22's on it may well scare off a lot of folks. It looks a really nice car though

Tim I think your mistaken, you have previously mentioned that the S/C had the uprated racks from day one. Based on your post I bought new 22" just before xmas.

now found the thread: http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic42226, 10th post down.

Please tell me 22s will be ok for my 2006 s/c.

Post #483853 Sun Jan 03 2016 1:52am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>