RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Leather interior on the L494
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 7 <1234567>

jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Wow! The standard of workmanship and materials is terrible in those photo's!

My 63 plate has 20,000 miles on the clock and the leather (thank God) is fine.

Jim

Post #482100 Thu Dec 10 2015 10:24am
steve_hmmm

United Kingdom 

~2.5k miles / 3 months. Even the rear seat is looking awful!!

Post #482123 Thu Dec 10 2015 3:54pm
sayers

United Kingdom 

Been told From my dealer that the manufacturer of the seats and the pukka job they done is acceptable and would shrink to shape Rolling with laughter maybe JLR should seek a different supplier and sort this issue out.

Post #482128 Thu Dec 10 2015 5:17pm
BoldlyGo

United Kingdom 

I got my car rejected and lemoned as a consequence of similar after 3 mths and 3.5 k miles.. very similar creasing to Steve hmmm's, in fact identical but in almond leather.. They initially tried a 3rd party but it just got worse.. In between replacement turning up some 6 months later I was given a free evocque.. push hard and supply pictures and keep an audit trail.. I used Hunters of Guildford fyi

We have espresso leather now and seats are perfect. . I wonder if ivory/Almond are vulnerable because of being bleached more and thus leather is thinner ? P400e HSE Portofino Blue and Ivory Seats.. it's like a yacht!!
Lexus traded in ..a total piece of crap
Boldly now acquired - a Lexus RX 450hL
BoldlyGone...Sep 15 MY16 RRS SDV6, HSE, Barolo Black, Espresso/Almond interior.. Best car ever & Drop dead gorgeous... sadly with fuel dilution headaches that became intolerable
Arrived 2014. Oct - Lemoned March 2015- RRS SDV6 HSE
Boldly Gone = Sold for 14k via Pistonheads - 2006 TDV6 SE Buck Blue/Almond int

Post #482135 Thu Dec 10 2015 7:24pm
steve_hmmm

United Kingdom 

Many thanks for the advice BG. Dealer seems to be ignoring my calls now... Merry Xmas Confused

Post #482147 Thu Dec 10 2015 9:08pm
BoldlyGo

United Kingdom 

Ok. Look.. We need to get tougher in our dealer interactions.. The head of service won't care, he'll just say leather is a natural product and tough.. Focus your relentless communication on the dealer principle and or Head of the Group. 'No response' is not an option, go to forensic detail in your photos, put them in a PowerPoint side by side to a car with perfect leather. Highlight in red arrows with descriptive text every imperfection. Then give them one opportunity to resolve it, steaming will not work, re- skinning might but it might also compromise the interior if skins are imperfect or the fitter poor. Don't give up....do get emotional. It's a lot of money ! P400e HSE Portofino Blue and Ivory Seats.. it's like a yacht!!
Lexus traded in ..a total piece of crap
Boldly now acquired - a Lexus RX 450hL
BoldlyGone...Sep 15 MY16 RRS SDV6, HSE, Barolo Black, Espresso/Almond interior.. Best car ever & Drop dead gorgeous... sadly with fuel dilution headaches that became intolerable
Arrived 2014. Oct - Lemoned March 2015- RRS SDV6 HSE
Boldly Gone = Sold for 14k via Pistonheads - 2006 TDV6 SE Buck Blue/Almond int

Post #482150 Thu Dec 10 2015 9:51pm
jpegnall

United Kingdom 

I know overfinch use the same shop as Aston Martin and Bentley t do their interiors. Wonder how much it would cost to get them to re-do the seats - if LR won't do it/do a terrible job I'd be inclined to get a few quotes from places like that and then make a claim against the dealer/LR and my credit card company for that amount. Don't think it is unreasonable and you might get leather seats that will last.

Post #482179 Fri Dec 11 2015 11:19am
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

I'm pretty sure both Bentley and Aston Martin cover the seats themselves. The 'Sport's are done by Lear. 

Post #482184 Fri Dec 11 2015 12:33pm
Lobster

Australia 

I think philmw has found the clue, this new production plant may explain the current problems.

NEWS May 28th, 2015

LEAR CORP. TO OPEN AUTOMOTIVE SEAT COVER PLANT IN MACEDONIA
The automotive seating and electrical distribution systems maker will produce seat covers for major European-based auto manufacturers.

Lear’s Planned Production Plant Will Focus On Leather And Fabric Cutting, And Sewing Seats For BMW, Jaguar Land Rover And Other European Auto Makers.

The new plant, scheduled to open this summer, will initially employ approximately 300 people.
Link

http://www.globaltrademag.com/global-trade...edonia[/b] Aussie Spec MY16 RRS SDV8 Dynamic

Post #482188 Fri Dec 11 2015 2:15pm
jpegnall

United Kingdom 

philmw wrote:
I'm pretty sure both Bentley and Aston Martin cover the seats themselves. The 'Sport's are done by Lear.

If that is the case Overfinch London were telling me porkies when I was down there last month looking at an Evoque for the wife.

Post #482190 Fri Dec 11 2015 2:24pm
philmw

Lobster wrote:
I think philmw has found the clue, this new production plant may explain the current problems.

NEWS May 28th, 2015

LEAR CORP. TO OPEN AUTOMOTIVE SEAT COVER PLANT IN MACEDONIA
The automotive seating and electrical distribution systems maker will produce seat covers for major European-based auto manufacturers.

Lear’s Planned Production Plant Will Focus On Leather And Fabric Cutting, And Sewing Seats For BMW, Jaguar Land Rover And Other European Auto Makers.

The new plant, scheduled to open this summer, will initially employ approximately 300 people.
Link

http://www.globaltrademag.com/global-trade...edonia[/b]

Lear have hundreds of sites, and have been suplying JLR for a long time. Them and Johnson Controls. The seats are delivered to the sites. The dash is assembled on site (but not by JLR). 

Post #482202 Fri Dec 11 2015 5:11pm
philmw

jpegnall wrote:
philmw wrote:

If that is the case Overfinch London were telling me porkies when I was down there last month looking at an Evoque for the wife.

Evoque is Johnson Controls I think. Aston use Bridge of Weir leather and stiched in house (over Recaro frames). Bentley as in  

Post #482203 Fri Dec 11 2015 5:17pm
sayers

United Kingdom 

Lear Corp is the ones that done my pukka job Rolling with laughter said it was done perfectly when left at 2pm on Tuesday 8th, started the job that morning.

Post #482204 Fri Dec 11 2015 5:37pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

My seats were steamed about a month ago when the car had around 1700 miles but that didn't make a big difference. Only reduced some of the wrinkles in the rear corners which were there from new and I had shown to the dealer when collecting the car.

Here are the seat bases after 2300+ miles and exactly 3 months from new:

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

The seats back seem fine though:
Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

I will let them deteriorate further before taking it up with the dealer again. My HSE Black was 2.5 years old and had 19.5k miles when I traded it in and the seats were perfect. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #482246 Sat Dec 12 2015 2:14pm
Triumph_Dave

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Hi Fkarim, from your photos your seats have almost the same amount of flabby leather as mine in similar areas..

I am mega surprised that the leather has passed JLR QC standards which are now obviously very low.. in fact worse than Fords.. It comes to something when a vehicle that is under half the purchase price of a Range Rover has a far better constructed seat finish.

No more JLR vehicles for me.. I have come to the end with them. D4 2012 Santorini Black gone
RRS 2013 Santorini HSE Black gone
MY2016 RRS HSE Dynamic arrived September, but will it stay.. maybe not.

Post #482315 Sun Dec 13 2015 2:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 7 <1234567>