RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Ok she's arrived.....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

mecxic

Norway 
Ok she's arrived.....

But a bit disappointed on several items (which I should have noted in the bright showroom lights !): It's very small and claustrophobic inside, too much blinged chrome reflecting in the side windows and the piano black seems designed to mark easily if you as much as breath on it, wish the side mirrors dipped when reversing (how did I miss speccing THAT !), HUGE front end with it's 8" of hidden wings is hard to judge and justify on style alone - skinny & tight rear dimensions means that it only holds a fraction of my old Disco's contents and struggles to seat 3 passengers, reversing camera is dangerously deceptive and needs carefull familliarisation, gearbox has a sleepy delay in moving from F to R and vice-versa, Top Spec Sound not worth £5k (use an ipod with phones if you want quality music), open slot at towbar feeds water and mud into electrics/chassis very effectively - is a closure plate missing on mine ??, rear aerodynamics give perfect dirt deposit onto rear window, seems to be no difference between 3 vs 1 level on the heated seats.
And the Good bits: Nice engine (V6 diesel), drives like a car, build quality, no teething troubles - so far .........
Conclusion - choose a Disco if you need space, a full RR if you want Bling and arrival in style or save a bomb and go for an Evogue if space is secondary (they look identical to the average passer-by).
Hmmmm - it cost £130k here in Norway, and my expectations were ssssooooo high Sad [/b]

Post #459983 Tue Apr 21 2015 12:28pm
Renaco

Germany 

I see your points, but I think you just need to get a bit more used to the car.
Mine is grwoing on me and now it is the best RR I ever had. And it is my 4th RR and my second RRS.

Post #459988 Tue Apr 21 2015 12:35pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

Are the dipping mirrors extra? Try putting the car in reverse, the adjust the mirrors as you would like, then select drive.

And surprised to hear about the audio, especially given your first reaction:

"Got to hear the top spec stereo on a newly delivered - It makes the 825W Meridian sound as bad as the 400W basic system. £4K well spent, wouldn't leave home without it" 

Post #459989 Tue Apr 21 2015 12:39pm
mecxic

Norway 
OK Renaco.....

I'll persevere a bit longer, as you suggest - there is no alternative, except a Posseur's Porsche - and I don't want to go down that road. What a way to blow £130k however. Let's put it down to First Rate Marketting by L-R UK.

Post #459992 Tue Apr 21 2015 12:48pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

OK so the Norway spec might be different, but check in the Vehicle set-up menu in the dash menu to see if reverse dipping wing mirrors have been checked/ enabled by the dealership, you can do it yourself if they are not. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #459997 Tue Apr 21 2015 1:25pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mecxic

Norway 

Willdo Tim - thanks for reply ...... I couldn't see any option relating to this in the dash menu on a recent search however: it's an HSE with all the bells & whistles ticked at purchase. Collared the dealer recently - he thought it could be on the remote lock package - which is the one I didn't choose (due to a warning about it now being easily cracked via kerbside laptop scanner jockeys) ! Too much background research can sometimes backfire on you, it would seem Sad

Post #460000 Tue Apr 21 2015 2:00pm
Renaco

Germany 

if you have the seat memory, you have the mirror function, if not (as myself) then you dont.

I where really angry as I ngot my car, and it was by mistake in the order without memory seats, but I where much more angry as I realised that i miss in combination also the automatic mirror function...

but now, after 4 Month, I dont miss both details in the daily use.. Wink

Post #460007 Tue Apr 21 2015 2:23pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Renaco, agree entirely with your final comment - I have returned to RRS ownership with a car that has only Gangsta glass and 22" Wheels as options from an Evoque that had every electronic/ electrical extra fitted. I don't miss any of the toys from the Evoque aprt from two things - the heated steering wheel (which I will have fitted to the RRS before next winter!) and Road Sign Recognition. The car is excellent even without all the fancy toys. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #460026 Tue Apr 21 2015 4:01pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1