Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > 1st service & To do list
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

MDP

United Kingdom 
1st service & To do list

OK

Need to book my RRS in for its 1st service [ overdue ] it was 12mths old on the 16th sept ........... Embarassed still only done 10500 miles so not too worried.

Can you remind me of the possible things I need to ask to get done. I have had all the recent software upgrades done - car runs ok.

What I have forgotten about is .......... possible improvements - in line with 07 model year spec. Such as...............

1. SatNav on the move
2. "One touch" passenger window operation
3. TV module/upgrade ?

For me personally.......... I need a complete overall on the suspension/steering set up - possible 4 wheel alignment ??? I still get too much vibration at the 80 - 90 mph mark Mad coupled with a persistent "little" knock I can fell coming through the steering column at low speeds [ had the dealer look at this twice before ]
Also - Noisy wipers !!!

I will point out the poor state of affair with regard to the alloys!

So.............

Have I missed anything Confused 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #60009 Wed Oct 04 2006 10:07am
Cliff H

United Kingdom 

Be carefull, if the dealer wants to charge for the alignment it usually costs a fortune. RRUK went to a place in Nottingham that charged £48 if I remember rightly and did a spot on job.
Are you going to use Trinity? What are they quoting at the moment?

Post #60010 Wed Oct 04 2006 10:10am
MDP

United Kingdom 

No worries.......

I will be complaining that I have issues with the steering as mentioned twice before & still not sorted - so this is related and needs fixing/sorting Mad ........... I have only covered 10500 miles after all ! 

Post #60011 Wed Oct 04 2006 10:13am
Cliff H

United Kingdom 

Just had mine done by Sturgess after 6000 miles FOC and there is a service bulitin from LR that covers a problem called 'bush settle' this is for a D3 but can't see there being any difference.

Have your tyres worn evenly? Might be worth a close look.

Mine suddenly started running out on all 4 tyres at about 4500 miles.

Post #60012 Wed Oct 04 2006 10:19am
MDP

United Kingdom 

Also - just remembered that there is a New Park Distance Control software upgrade/fix - which in effect means ..... it will only permit the front sensors to reactivate when the following conditions are met:-

Vehicle speed drops below 10mph and the front parking aid switch is manually selected or a forward gear is selected following reverse gear selection during parking whereby the forward speed has not exceeded 10mph 

Post #60017 Wed Oct 04 2006 10:43am
JE Engineering

United Kingdom 

Bush settle sounds like something from 'Gardners world'. Rolling Eyes

The problem is that the inner ball joints on the rack are inadequate. They start rattling and the shock loadings knacker the outer balls on the uprights, the tracking goes out, the tyres wear unevenly, and all manner of rattles and wobbles start coming into the car. Thud Some cars have shown this fault after only 5,000 miles. I believe it is also the reason that new cars feel rather dead to drive but after a few hundred miles the steering frees up and becomes more lively, soon after that, of course, the play in the inner bushes must start.

Could one of the 'dealer-based' contributors eleborate on what LR suggest on this bulletin, I don't think we've seen it at JE, I'd better check on GTR.

Post #60117 Wed Oct 04 2006 3:56pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

My car has gone back into the dealer today [ post last weeks 1st service ] inorder to fit the parts they didnt have to sort the PDC upgrade that I had ordered

I picked this up from Umbertob in the states [ thanks ]

TSB# LS413-002 (North America):

Front Parking Aid False Warnings
AFFECTED VEHICLE RANGE:
Range Rover Sport (LS) VIN: 6A900129 to 6A960177
CONDITION SUMMARY:
FRONT PARKING AID SOUNDS UNNECESSARILY
Situation: A customer may report a concern that the front parking aid is sounding-off unnecessarily.
NOTE: A new parking aid system control module has been developed to provide an enhanced front parking aid operation strategy for the customer.
The original park aid system strategy activates the front parking sensors when a forward gear is selected following reverse. Sensor operation is deactivated when the vehicle speed exceeds 10 mph (16 kph). Sensor operation will reactivate when the vehicle speed drops below 10 mph (16 kph). This sensor activation below 10 mph can result in audible warnings as the vehicle is coming to a stop and another vehicle or pedestrian passes in front of the vehicle. A customer may report this audible warning as unnecessary or 'false'.
This sensor activation is not a fault with the parking aid system.
NOTE: Following a repair, which includes replacement of the parking aid control module, the customer must be informed of this new front parking aid system operation as follows:
The parking aid operation strategy has now been enhanced to only permit the front sensors to reactivate when the following conditions are met:
• Vehicle speed drops below 10 mph (16 kph) and the front parking aid switch is manually selected. (The front parking aid switch is located on the center instrument panel.)
• A forward gear is selected following reverse gear selection during parking.
Action: If a customer expresses this false warning concern, refer to the Repair Procedure detailed in this bulletin to replace the parking aid control module with the latest configuration. Ensure that the customer is instructed on the use of the enhanced front parking aid system.
PARTS:
NOTE: The enhanced control module software strategy is programmed into the new control module (YWC500550) and installed into vehicles after the closing VIN 6A960177.
YWC500550.............Parking aid control module Qty 1 

Post #65291 Tue Nov 07 2006 10:50am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Mine is in the local dealer today for an ECU upgrade. I took it in at 8:00am and was told that they couldn't tell me when the car would be ready for collection so said that it should take no more than an hour and I would wait and sup their coffee and eat their biscuits Laughing To which the receptionist replied that as the car would take at least 4 hours and they felt that they didn't have enough coffee and biscuits for that would I like a lift home (I am 16 miles from the dealer). OK but I need collection when the car is ready. Not a problem, then the service manager appears and says would I like a loan car but it might be a Seat of some sort. 10 minutes later I was handed a Land Rover key fob and told that they had found me a more suitable car...................... I have a 3000 mile Rimini TD4 Freelander Adventurer 3 door for the day. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #65297 Tue Nov 07 2006 11:42am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MDP

United Kingdom 

My service engineer assigned to my car just phoned me at work to say he had took my car out to test the pdc as it was - and asked what was he supposed to be doing with it and what are the parts they have ordered - also he had just took 2 other RRS's out which all operated in the same way...... Shocked Shocked Shocked

Thud Thud Thud Thud

Mad Mad Mad Mad

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Banging Head Banging Head Banging Head Banging Head

So..................................

Having now explained how the system works [ not ] - and the false warnings we all experience - I then pointed out how the updated version should work AND more to the point ........... I referred him to the technical service bulletin TSB# LS413-002 that had been given to them on the previous visit & atatched to my "work sheet"

All I can say is

UNBELIEVABLE

I give up !
Big Cry 

Post #65301 Tue Nov 07 2006 12:32pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Time to try another dealer?

I have missed loads of threads on software updates and am now completely out of the loop on what mine could have done.

The passenger window one touch....is that done at cost or free?
The TV - is that a cost option, I am guessing it is?
Sat nav on the move, what does that involve?
Is there anything else I should be aware of update-wise? L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #65303 Tue Nov 07 2006 12:55pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

RR, I think you may be missing the following upgrades:
Cash point in the dash................. relocated from the rear offside 3/4 panel
Ejector seat.................... replaces front passenger seat heater unit
Speed Camera electronic countermeasures......replaces adaptive cruise control
New self-repairing alloys for those who might actually want to take their RRS S/C offroad............

So glad that mine is only an SE RR, but it's still in the shop for 3-4 hours today for the ECU or ECUs to be upgraded. Laughing Laughing 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #65306 Tue Nov 07 2006 1:23pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MDP

United Kingdom 

Hi there Adam - long time no speak - are you coming to the meet on Sunday?

As for your questions..............

1.Passenger window one touch = Not able to retro fit [ i am told ] due to significant differences in the way its wired

2.TV option - this can be done cheaper elsewhere - may be best to see what our forum sponsor Prestige Audio say about it?

3.Sat nav on the move - the update from LR has not been released as yet! I'm sure it wont be long............

4.soft touch close boot - well LR have only done half a job here Sad It is not the version we were all hoping for....... ie when boot is open full height - press a button and auto closes ...... like Audi Q7 ......... BUT all we get is ... pull boot down to locate catch.......... [ ie you've almost shut it anyway ] ... then a motor takes over to "pull" it in full shut ...... 

Post #65309 Tue Nov 07 2006 1:59pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

MDP wrote:
4.soft touch close boot - well LR have only done half a job here Sad It is not the version we were all hoping for....... ie when boot is open full height - press a button and auto closes ...... like Audi Q7 ......... BUT all we get is ... pull boot down to locate catch.......... [ ie you've almost shut it anyway ] ... then a motor takes over to "pull" it in full shut ......

You could see this in all it's pointless glory in Kaine's video! It's very impressive Laughing 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #65310 Tue Nov 07 2006 2:04pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

I did notice Kaine's video has not been recommended by anyone else on youtube! It really is one of the most dull videos ever! Laughing 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #65311 Tue Nov 07 2006 2:24pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

I'm surprised LR haven't got someone employed specifically to keep viewing the damn video continuously........................ Laughing 

Post #65313 Tue Nov 07 2006 3:25pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>