RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Detailing & Car Cleaning > Detailing - What Should it Cost?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

FatJoe

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HST Java Black
Detailing - What Should it Cost?

Hi guys.

First time I have considered havingmy car detailed, to be honest its the first car I've had where having detailed is probably a worthwhile cost.

My questions are:

Whats should it cost?
How long should it take?
What questions should I ask the detailer?

It seems every mobile valeter in my area does detailing but is this propper detailing?

Some advice on what to look out for is great as I want to get it done right first time.

Thanks in advance. I'm not Fat. RRS TDV6 HST.

Post #448712 Sat Jan 17 2015 8:59am
FatJoe

Any people out there whos had detailing done? Any advice. I've got costs ranging from £150 to £800. I'm not Fat. RRS TDV6 HST.

Post #448750 Sat Jan 17 2015 5:47pm
PEACHY

England 

I've had 2 Sports detailed in 2 years - one cost £450 - I left it with them a week. The other cost £400 - I took the oppurtunity to have the drums & calipers painted at the same time - the second was by the far the better result - finished with Gteqnic products. Thumbs Up Both included the exterior - interior & engine bay. On both occasions I had the Sports done whilst abroad - that way they was also stored safely for free Whistle

£500 is what I would consider is the max Wink 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #448757 Sat Jan 17 2015 6:42pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Had my new RRS detailed from new..... including Gtecniq Crystal serum, which simply put is a mammoth leap

forward in car paint protection... Cost was £850 .. which imo is great value as this stuff is expensive , time

consuming to apply correctly...and the results are amazing ..

5 days work in total

see thread

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic37592.html 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #448761 Sat Jan 17 2015 7:08pm
FatJoe

Thanks for the replies guys. So Gtecniq sounds like the product to use. Thanks for the advice. I think £400 is a reasonable expected price for 3 days work. I've never had this done before so I want to ensure I find the right people to do the job round my area. Will be on the hunt for anyone that uses this product now.

Thanks I'm not Fat. RRS TDV6 HST.

Post #448774 Sat Jan 17 2015 9:04pm
andman

They have a list of their accredited detailers on their website

http://gtechniq.com/find-a-detailer/ 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's

Post #448776 Sat Jan 17 2015 9:13pm
FatJoe

Peachy who did you use? Gtechniqs recomended detailer wants £650 for a silver and £1,500 for a full. I'm not Fat. RRS TDV6 HST.

Post #448777 Sat Jan 17 2015 9:33pm
PEACHY

England 

Morning Joe - used Midland Car Care in Walsall - highly recommended by a few members & a good reputation - they can be hard to get hold of but they work long hours ( I picked my RRS up at 9 at night & they was still working then ). Some pics in my gallery.

Google them Thumbs Up 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.

Post #448786 Sun Jan 18 2015 6:33am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
FatJoe

Thanks Peachy. I've been trying to get hold of them. Like you say they are hard to get hold of Smile how long did it take them on your car? I'm not Fat. RRS TDV6 HST.

Post #448791 Sun Jan 18 2015 8:10am
PEACHY

England 

I was in no rush - Tenerife for 1 week followed by a days rest then Lapland for 5 days Whistle so it was at there leisure. They are really busy guys so bare with them Thumbs Up

pm sent. 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............

Post #448795 Sun Jan 18 2015 8:47am
andman

Joe... once you've had it detailed.... Go and buy some Gtecniq C2V3 liquid crystal
http://gtechniq.com/products/auto/perfect/...id-crystal

Spray it on once every 6 weeks after a wash and pretty much nothing will stick to your paintwork and the beading will be

sensational ... add to that it has to be the easiest sealant on the market to apply and take off...

Takes me an additional 10 mins, as opposed to a good ol wax that used to take 90 mins... 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's

Post #448797 Sun Jan 18 2015 8:57am
Alex C

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Well worth the money, had mine done a few weeks ago and it looks better now than when it was new. There are some photos in my albums with before and after

Mine was gone for 3 days so as others have said not a cheap or quick investment....my chap uses he same products too, certainly recommend them.

Though 400 pounds may seem a lot when you consider the value of the car it really isn't, why wouldn't you spend some money to have it looking it's best, certainly going to help resale in the future.

Alex TDV8 Java Black, Overfinch 22s

Post #448799 Sun Jan 18 2015 9:35am
FatJoe

Thanks for the advice guys and thanks for that product tip Andman. Heard nothing but good things a about Gtechniq so I will get a bottle of that stuff and spray it on after my mobile valet every couple of weeks. I'm not Fat. RRS TDV6 HST.

Post #448813 Sun Jan 18 2015 12:43pm
Ian.H

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Java Black

Personally, I don't think there is a "max" value to it. Asking / stating a max value is like asking how long, or stating that it is as long as a piece of string.

You've got well looked after paint, minor swirling.. a "quick" correction, polish, LSP and Rober's ya Mother's Brother.

You've got an old company rep's motor that's been "lucky" to see a £10 handwash.. now you've got an extra full day for correction, polishing, LSP...

Now you've got Little ol' Bob.. lovely bloke, washes it himself with a bucket, sponge, chamois and fairy liquid on a Sunday afternoon... happy to use the old yard broom to get rid of last night's snow that fell and it sitting 4" deep on the bonnet.. now you have a week's worth of correction, polishing...

All of these scenarios, ignoring that fact that Joe Bloggs Detailing will charge (and be worth) 10x more than "Sainsbury Super Detail" take considerably different amounts of time, effort and product.. which is the "max" value?

All in all, it's definitely worth getting a car detailed.. not only will it look the dogs danglies, it'll definitely help to keep it protected for longer.. especially with the gritting and the likes that we're encountering with the current weather.

Cheers..

Ian

Post #448961 Mon Jan 19 2015 11:53am
TDV8Mat

England 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

When I had mine done it cost £600, and took 5 days. I would say be very careful who you employ to do it as there appears to be a lot of valeters wielding a machine polisher claiming to do a detail in a day. A full correction detail is not a quick or cheap job. Maybe Detailing World would be a better place to ask your questions or the personal recommendation above.

Also, you will need to rethink your whole outlook on washing your car - everything you currently know about washing your car is probably wrong! A good detailer will take the time to show you how to care for you car (ie. how to wash, what products to use, how to throw away your sponge and chammy leather!) The last thing you want is to undo all the good work a detailer has done to your vehicle.

Post #448970 Mon Jan 19 2015 1:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>