RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > Door Leather Bubbling
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

DaveB

United Kingdom 
Door Leather Bubbling

My 2010 RRS has just been stood still for a week and so has not been warmed up inside for this time. This morning on getting in, in fact before I got in and through the drivers door window I could see the leather on the top of the door trim panel was uneven. On getting in I could see it was the same on the passenger side too. It seemed to improve a little as I drove the car and it warmed up but as it was only a short drive it didn't have chance to warm up that much.

Is this a common problem and does anyone have any ideas/thoughts on how to fix it?

The photo doesn't show the problem, just trying to show where the problem is...

The Arabica leather on the very top of the door trim panel was bubbling up where the arrows point.

Post #446569 Sun Dec 28 2014 3:57pm
DaveB

United Kingdom 

It's a shame no one knows an easy fix for this but I can see it's a problem even though it seems to be the wrong way around. It's almost as if the leather expands when it gets cold and then contracts and stretches back to the normal shape when warmer. Hard to imagine I would have the only RRS with this problem but as it's blatantly obvious when it happens I'll have to assume no one else here has Smile

Anyway, I will take the car to an auto trimmer and see what they have to say.

Post #447537 Tue Jan 06 2015 12:26pm
SRE

Spain 

I did read about a similar issue where the top of the door card had turned sticky, sorry but not sure where or what forum I read it on. In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #447558 Tue Jan 06 2015 3:30pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

I have this exact same trim and I frequently leave my car for a week without touching it (and in the past for 3 or 4 weeks without touching it, oops) and I have not seen the issue you describe....

... yet. Neutral

Could moisture be getting in underneath the trim from poor door seals? Which then drys out once the inside gets up to temperature? Or would it just be the glue that is not right. It would be good to have a photo of the symptom if you ever get the chance.

And maybe a photo of your elbows because it could be an elbow thing! Rolling with laughter L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #447578 Tue Jan 06 2015 7:34pm
DaveB

United Kingdom 

It's only bubbling up when the interior gets really cold, less than around 3 degrees. I was away in Germany over Christmas in a different car and so the RRS was left standing on the drive and the temperature was below zero when we got home. It was the following morning I noticed this phenomenon for the first time.

I did consider the elbow positioning but as the effect runs from the back of the door to the window switch pack on both the driver and passenger side I think it's more likely to be defect in the manufacturing. Odd though that the leather appears loose and bubbled when cold and taught (and normal) when warmer than say 5 to 10 degrees.

I'll try to take a photo of it at the next chance.

Thanks for the thoughts Smile

Post #447617 Tue Jan 06 2015 10:52pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1