RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Wheels & Tyres > Do you struggle to line your holes up when changing wheels?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

Miggit

United Kingdom 

Italy is a mine field of it's own, I've been talking with a very nice chap in Italy on ffrr and he brought a CD changer for his ffrr on fleabay, it was sent R/M recorded with tracking number. It left the UK ok, but managed to loose it's self between the shipping company and the Italian post office Sad He said that this quite often happens and UPS, Fed X, or DHL are much better options, as there is only one party involved rather than 3. Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer, today I are one!
Inventor of the Guide-o-Matic

Post #446294 Wed Dec 24 2014 12:47am
Stuart

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Italy have always been pretty ropey for mail deliveries. Spain is not too far behind. Its quite hit and miss.

There is a free service for eBay powersellers (or whatever we are called now) that translates all your listings onto mainland European eBay sites, which all sounds pretty spiffy. We got lots of happy and smiley Dutchmen, Frenchmen and Germans buying our swag, but three "item not received" claims from Italy this week alone. This is sub £10 stuff thankfully, so no great hardship, but I already sent the email to switch off ebay.it on the back of it happening week after week.

On our own site, we put some countries on increased shipping rates to cover this malarkey so everything goes tracked. Italy is one.

As an aside, and back to topic, and having read the FF topic linked upthread, I think your invention is super. And good luck with it! Thumbs Up

Post #446297 Wed Dec 24 2014 1:06am
Miggit

United Kingdom 

Thanks, it's good to know which carriers suit which countries!

And on a completely different note, for all of you ageing drivers that have to change a wheel with out the aid of a Guide-o-Matic, sit the wheel on a shovel and by pushing on the handle leaver the wheel up to the hub, it will save you having to lift the wheel, BUT it will not line the studs up Wink Plus you can put a set of Guide-o-Matic's in your pocket, I'd like to see you do that with a shovel Laughing
There is only two methods of lining up the studs, sore knees and broken finger nails, or a Guide-o-Matic! Now for us chaps, a broken nail is a non event, but for the good lady it's a disaster of biblical proportions and a repair bill to match Shocked Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer, today I are one!

Post #446298 Wed Dec 24 2014 1:20am
Lew White

Australia 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Hi.

No problems with the mail service here in Australia. I'm quite happy to receive by Royal Mail. Perhaps you can PM me so we can work out payment details etc.

Many thanks,
Lew.

Post #446306 Wed Dec 24 2014 3:25am
Lew White

Australia 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Hi Loneranger.

Just sent you a PM regarding posting to Australia.

Thanks,
Lew.

Post #446307 Wed Dec 24 2014 3:37am
harrygh60

England 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Ady 555 wrote:
Quote:
I am 78Years old

We can tell, you forgot you had already posted..... Rolling with laughter
Good tip ref jacking the vehicle up though, one which i use when changing my wheels over. Thumbs Up Hi Ady 555 I didn't forget i had already posted. I clicked on Submit, nothing happened for a short while,so i clicked again. Thats how i got two postings. I might be old but i am not stupid

Good on you Harry Thumbs Up I hope i am still fit and healthy at your age. No smart comments from the smartarses on here either. Whistle Laughing
 itisme

Post #446316 Wed Dec 24 2014 10:09am
andynpz

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

These might not be a million miles away from the right thread size

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MERCEDES-W203-C-...4d197a9bd8

Disregard - I'm talking rubbish! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Thanks for putting me right 2011 TDV6 HSE Stornoway grey, ivory trim

Life's too short to drive an ugly car.

Last edited by andynpz on Sat Jan 03 2015 2:40pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #447227 Sat Jan 03 2015 1:59am
harrygh60

That Ebay listing is for a fitting with bolts. Landrovers use Nuts onto Studs itisme

Post #447231 Sat Jan 03 2015 9:28am
SRE

Spain 

I use an old box spanner on my D2. In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #447243 Sat Jan 03 2015 10:35am
Miggit

United Kingdom 

harrygh60 is correct, Range Rover Sport, Range Rover and Discovery 3 / 4, all have wheel studs on the car and wheel nuts to hold the wheel on, not the cheaper, and weaker, wheel bolts that you find on some cars. To make a wheel guide for a car with wheel bolts, is a simple case of getting a long bolt with the correct thread and cutting off the head!
Unfortunately nothing is that simple on a Range Rover, and the guides have to be machined out of a solid bar which has multiple steps in the process. The more steps involved the more they cost Sad
I could make them unfinished, but they would be prone to rust, I could leave to knurling off, but you curse me when you had wet or oily hands. I could have cut out the T bar, but on the odd occasion that dirt or rust maybe present on the stud. You'd be left grabbing the pliers and messing up the finish on the guide.
After a lot of discussion with the chaps on fullfatrr.com, this was the best design that I could come up with, and if you were to make a set on a bench lathe, you'd be looking at around 3 hours per set. If you are fortunate enough to have a bigger lathe then the time can be reduced considerably, and that's assuming that you've got the 20 mm bar stock to hand, and all the correct tooling. Unfortunately, nothing is cheap unless you have it all lying about, and then another project will have paid for it ! Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer, today I are one!

Post #447251 Sat Jan 03 2015 12:14pm
SRE

Spain 

I should add the Box spanner I used just fit over the wheel studs perfectly Thumbs Up (basically similar to using a bit of old pipe/tube). However I doubt it will fit the Sport as the wheel nuts are smaller Censored In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #447274 Sat Jan 03 2015 2:36pm
Miggit

United Kingdom 

Whistle Guide-o-Matic's will fit Wink Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer, today I are one!

Post #447283 Sat Jan 03 2015 4:01pm
harrygh60

SRE wrote:
I should add the Box spanner I used just fit over the wheel studs perfectly Thumbs Up (basically similar to using a bit of old pipe/tube). However I doubt it will fit the Sport as the wheel nuts are smaller Censored
The box spanner has to be thin enough to go through the stud hole in the wheel. There is not a lot of clearance betwen the stud and the wheel hole itisme

Post #447287 Sat Jan 03 2015 4:54pm
simmogra

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Firenze Red

Hello Everyone

I would like to order a set of these if you still have some thanks. Will pay via paypal if it is easier. Shipping to Australia the same as few others on this site.First post but have ben lurking for a while just trying to educate myself about the RRS.
The Aussie dollar has gone down recently so it is probably more than AUD$ 85 now, just let me know the new cost

thanks

simmogra

Post #448327 Tue Jan 13 2015 3:04pm
Miggit

United Kingdom 

Just to let people know that Santa's little helpers have been busy and I now have stock again Thumbs Up Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer, today I are one!

Post #449585 Sat Jan 24 2015 1:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>