Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Warranty - which one
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

stewarttownsend

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Stornoway Grey
Warranty - which one

Hi All

So the trader warranty runs out tomorrow and started to take a look and was in two minds until the wife turned up tonight and the Sport was driving lumpy with a fault light on, turns out to be the EGR valve which will cost about 350 quid to replace and thus has meant I now want to get a warranty.

Any thoughts on warranty market ? Who provides the best cover for the price, all seems a minefield in terms of you pay for one and then only find out how good it is when you make a claim and find out it doesn't cover parts damaged through non insured parts etc.

Stewart
 Other motor - Gran Turismo S 4.7 MC Shift

Post #452834 Tue Feb 17 2015 9:44pm
stevew

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zermatt Silver

I have always had main Land Rover warranty up until now when I found out the cost, so I shopped around on this forum and others and found that warranty direct come up best as they cover wear and tear and were also 30% cheaper. Have not made any claims yet (touchwood) but people who have told me the cover was excellent

Post #452838 Tue Feb 17 2015 9:54pm
stewarttownsend

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Stornoway Grey

Ive had a quote from the company that I had the warranty with when I bought her which is 400 pounds less than warranty direct, which Im sure I had quote from when I bought it and it was a similar price.

All seems to relate around different terms in the warranty, fingers crossed they sort out the part that has gone...lets see how good they are then. Other motor - Gran Turismo S 4.7 MC Shift

Post #452839 Tue Feb 17 2015 10:04pm
Bladeboy

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Siberian Silver

I would recommend warranty direct. Ignore the first price they give- Theyre open to haggling. £650 is about right for 13 months with wear and tear cover. So far this year they've paid me for an alternator, lower suspension arms, wheel bearing and an intercooler-.all in all about twice as much as the warranty cost me.

Post #452841 Tue Feb 17 2015 10:13pm
stevew

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zermatt Silver

Well as you say there are so many companies out there all offering the world until you make a claim, I was very reluctant to move away from main dealer warranty as I had made several claims in the past with no problem with them honourening it, only went to warranty direct as they clearly stated what was covered and what was not and also the works would be done at a main dealer of my choice, trust me a busted there balls to make sure I got it all in black and white

Post #452844 Tue Feb 17 2015 10:17pm
JasM

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Warranty Direct. Had a policy with them for my 2007 RRS and had no problems with them. Thumbs Up

Make sure you haggle though. 2014 L405 SDV8 RR Autobiography Cool

2012 RRS SDV6 HSE -Orkney Grey with A/B bodykit - Now Gone Sad
2007 RRS TDV6 HSE - Zermatt Silver - Gone

Post #452865 Tue Feb 17 2015 11:54pm
wastower

Scotland 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Arctic Frost

Just be aware that Warranty Direct will hit you with a 50% excess on parts if your RRS is over 100k miles Evil or Very Mad

Post #453121 Fri Feb 20 2015 1:17pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

Having said I would self-insure, I changed my mind. If I had a VW Passat or a Ford Mondeo I doubt I would get a warranty, but with Land Rover's record I thought it would be prudent. During my market research I had a call back from Warrantywise. The sales guy said he'd email the policy wording, but he forgot to. I chased and he sent it. He also said he would email a revised quote. He never did and I did not bother chase that time. So therefore pretty easy decision for me not to pursue Warrantywise further, no matter the higher price.

I have taken a warranty with Warranty Direct. However, i just took the Lite version, meaning I have to have a proper breakdown to get cover (e.g. warning light or car unsafe to drive immediately) aside from issues being identified during servicing or MOT. Aside from that it is ostensibly the same cover (you're unlikely to have a breakdown caused by aircon, for example) and includes franchised stealer labour rates. It's about 1/3 the cost and covers me for what worries me the most: catastrophic failure. And I won't even notice the 4 quarterly payments go out they're so weeny. I hope it's all profit for WD.

For the record, you can definitely improve on the online quote. Just say you'll only pay half that and then they will come back with their lowest price without any fight, which should be 10% to 15% less on their full policies. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #453123 Fri Feb 20 2015 2:02pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

My vehicle is coming up to its 3rd birthday. Just received a nice warranty booklet with my name on it from Land Rover. Smile With the details of cover available and cost. Full cover including assistance £1030.00.

Post #453253 Sat Feb 21 2015 10:14am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1