Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > Yes or No.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 5 12345>

PEACHY

England 
Yes or No.

I don't do politics but I am proud to be British Whistle

What do our Scottish members think of the upcoming vote - I have only ever been to London to attend a football match - nothing more - I could be governed by the man on the moon & it wouldn't interest me but what do you guys think is the right vote Confused

It's your choice - your time - good luck Thumbs Up 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #435958 Wed Sep 10 2014 10:34pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JasM

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Still undecided at the moment.

My main concern at the moment is bank lending and also how would businesses be affected if we were to get independance. Pro's and cons to both sides. 2014 L405 SDV8 RR Autobiography Cool

2012 RRS SDV6 HSE -Orkney Grey with A/B bodykit - Now Gone Sad
2007 RRS TDV6 HSE - Zermatt Silver - Gone

Post #435960 Wed Sep 10 2014 10:54pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

FFFFFRRREEEEEEEEDDDDDOMMMMM!!!!

As the blue faced Scottish hero from Oz shouted in his movie

Not really followed the ins and out, but can't see it going well, if the do go it alone

Post #435961 Wed Sep 10 2014 10:57pm
BKHK

Australia 

I live in Perth so I can have my say Laughing If I had a vote, it would be yes for independence. If we voted again here for a republic, my vote would be yes. The days of the Empire and mother England are long gone.

Post #435966 Thu Sep 11 2014 4:39am
SRE

Spain 

Maybe they should ask the English, give them a vote, do they want Scotland Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #435968 Thu Sep 11 2014 6:41am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

You took the words out of my mouth SRE Whistle Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #435970 Thu Sep 11 2014 7:47am
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

My Passport says I'm British so why don't I get a say?

The UK is supposed to be a democracy yet only a few voters get to vote and decide the outcome for the vast majority.

If most Scots want to go it alone that's fine by me but those trying to convince them have told some big lies about their economy and, if they do, they'll find it will deal the average Scot a very heavy financial blow in a few years time when reality strikes.

Post #435979 Thu Sep 11 2014 8:51am
TST717

Scotland 

I am for a No vote, proud to be both a Scot and British.

The whole situation is poorly thought out , neither party has all the right answers.....

But both parties want the Scottish share of Oil revenues , discovered and undiscovered( there is one discovery West of Shetland that is being held back from announcement until all this is over!)
This revenue has propped up all the spending for many years ...

It won't be long before the arguments get serious ....

T TDV8 HSE....Gone but not forgotten ....class act
Cayenne S diesel.....850n/m....385bhp....the danglies ...
SL55 AMG

Post #435990 Thu Sep 11 2014 12:27pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

What I don't like is the "No" politicians promising the Scots all sorts of nice things to vote "no". Those nice things will come at the expense of the English, Welsh and Northern Irish.

Once Scotland is independent and thinks it's going to spend all of the oil money, Shetland and Orkney will both be claiming independence from Scotland. There have already been people making noises about this happening. They have lots of the oil in their waters as I understand it. Then Mr Salmond will find the cupboard is once again empty.

We've already seen big business and the markets showing displeasure at the thought of Scotland on its own. Salmond makes lots of noise about how the pound is his to use etc. The fact of the matter is that he will have no control over it. If it suits the UK to put up interest rates, for example, then he will have to live with it. There will not be a currency union - no matter how much he blusters. The subs can be based on the south coast of England if need be so he has little to bargain with there. The oil revenue is nice but you can't run the entire country on it. He will need to join the EU as a new country, no piggy-back ride on the UK's coat tails there. Defence? Well, all of the kit is owned by the UK so he'll have to buy stuff if he wants it - after all, he says that unless he gets his own way he won't cover the Scottish % of the UK debt. Fine, we'll take all of our toys and our defence spending away too then, thanks. No new warship contracts for your shipyards Mr Salmond. The UK can build them in yards south of the wall.

I'm bored with the whole sorry issue and I've had too much of the noisome little man Salmond and his equally unpleasant friends in the SNP front bench. So I say:
"Stand not upon the order of your going, but go at once!"
(Ok, so I borrowed that from the bard - it's an apposite quote, I'm sure you'll agree)

I feel sorry for the Scots who have to live with the result of a "yes" vote. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #435995 Thu Sep 11 2014 2:35pm
East Coast Sport

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Jesus, I cam on here to get peace from all this sh**e 2017 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black
2015 3.0 SDV6 HSE Dynamic Indus Silver.
2013 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey, 5 Spoke Diamond Turned Alloys, Ebony Premium Oxford Leather, Privacy Glass

Post #436001 Thu Sep 11 2014 3:48pm
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

TST717 wrote:

The whole situation is poorly thought out , neither party has any answers.....

Fixed that for you.

Not sure what we are voting for, other than being independant from Westminster...

Post #436030 Thu Sep 11 2014 8:22pm
Marsie

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Stornoway Grey

Can somebody clarify something for me? I may sound a bit thick but the debate keeps referring to north sea oil and its value to Scotland but somebody told me that almost all the oil rigs extracting the north sea oil are either english owned (London based BP or shell) or Canadian owned (Talisman oil-Alberta, Canada) or American owned (Conocophillips-Texas USA)

If this is true, surely the oil companies get the majority of the takings from the north sea oil reserves?? How does this benefit Scotland, are they just getting a commission due to being in Scottish waters?
Paul Confused Current fleet
2011 Discovery 3.0 sdv6 XS
2008 Range rover sport HST tdv8*gone*
2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 2 convertible
1996 TVR Chimaera*gone*
2004 Vauxhall combo van*dead* Sad
2003 ford ranger double cab

Post #436049 Thu Sep 11 2014 10:01pm
mad-dafty

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

RRSTDV8 wrote:
What I don't like is the "No" politicians promising the Scots all sorts of nice things to vote "no". Those nice things will come at the expense of the English, Welsh and Northern Irish.

Once Scotland is independent and thinks it's going to spend all of the oil money, Shetland and Orkney will both be claiming independence from Scotland. There have already been people making noises about this happening. They have lots of the oil in their waters as I understand it. Then Mr Salmond will find the cupboard is once again empty.

We've already seen big business and the markets showing displeasure at the thought of Scotland on its own. Salmond makes lots of noise about how the pound is his to use etc. The fact of the matter is that he will have no control over it. If it suits the UK to put up interest rates, for example, then he will have to live with it. There will not be a currency union - no matter how much he blusters. The subs can be based on the south coast of England if need be so he has little to bargain with there. The oil revenue is nice but you can't run the entire country on it. He will need to join the EU as a new country, no piggy-back ride on the UK's coat tails there. Defence? Well, all of the kit is owned by the UK so he'll have to buy stuff if he wants it - after all, he says that unless he gets his own way he won't cover the Scottish % of the UK debt. Fine, we'll take all of our toys and our defence spending away too then, thanks. No new warship contracts for your shipyards Mr Salmond. The UK can build them in yards south of the wall.

I'm bored with the whole sorry issue and I've had too much of the noisome little man Salmond and his equally unpleasant friends in the SNP front bench. So I say:
"Stand not upon the order of your going, but go at once!"
(Ok, so I borrowed that from the bard - it's an apposite quote, I'm sure you'll agree)

I feel sorry for the Scots who have to live with the result of a "yes" vote.

Don't feel sorry for this Scot mate.....A YES result will do me nicely. Feel sorry for Cameron and those other two losers Ed Miliband and Nick Clegg having to travel back down the road with their tails between there legs after all their grovelling and begging....It was pitiful to witness. Personally I think many people in England are jealous of the fact that Scotland has a chance to disown the shambles that is the British parliament and the clowns who make decisions there. 2010 RRS TDV6 3.0 Autobiography - Stornoway Grey
2006 RRS TDV6 2.7 HSE -Java Black
2008 BMW 3 Series 2.l
2006 BMW 5 series 2.l

Post #436070 Fri Sep 12 2014 9:17am
mad-dafty

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

SRE wrote:
Maybe they should ask the English, give them a vote, do they want Scotland Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Cameron, Clegg and Miliband do apparently. Thumbs Up 2010 RRS TDV6 3.0 Autobiography - Stornoway Grey
2006 RRS TDV6 2.7 HSE -Java Black
2008 BMW 3 Series 2.l
2006 BMW 5 series 2.l

Post #436071 Fri Sep 12 2014 9:46am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Everyone keeps talking about the Pound and oil. No one is telling us who gets the Loch Ness monster in case of a "Yes" vote Confused

Post #436072 Fri Sep 12 2014 9:47am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 5 12345>